Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Notices

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find a Rayson Craft 24 like this one if you want a wave crusher that is easy on the wallet !
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-raysoncraft.jpg  
Old 11-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Uncle Dave and Towhead.

Thanks for the comments. First of all we start with the hull and deck and from that point everything is custom made to what the customer wants, from colors to interior layout, bolsters, seats, u -shaped lounge, full cabin, half cabin, no cabin, kevlar layup, carbon fiber hatches, etc. etc. If you can dream it, we know the people that can make it.

For instance, we are workinig with a customer now who has seen the excellent work and great detail that went into the 24 foot Cigarette Firefox redo, that Lip Ship just finished. They did a great job, but our customer wants to start with a new boat and make his own version of his dream using that same proven 24 foot Cigarette / Banana hull.

We use the same interior people that did that work for Lip Ship, we have access to the same engine and drive technology and with my own racing background and connections, I have the people that know me and can help me make a customer's dream come true. Bobby Saccenti, Richie Powers, Brownie, Mark McManus and Michael Aronow. We can build a boat that can run with anyone in any type of conditions, believe me.

Towhead.....you ask a question about the pressure on the transom. We have that bracket made for us by Stainless Marine.

When I decided to put our outboards on a bracket, I turned to my friend, a guy by the name of Brownie, to help me. (I'm sure the OSO people know him) He made sure that the bracket is not only engineered to work correctly, it is also engineered to make the boat go faster.

I personally have raced this boat with twin small blocks that had over 400 HP each. I know what this boat can do in the real open ocean. It is a great boat.

As far as price, the Tampa boat had a 250 HP outboard and with the custom trailer had a boat show price of $75,000. We normally would sell a boat like that with a 300 HP outboard for a retail of $83,000 with the trailer.

Custom boats, as you already know can go anywhere from there. This boat would do fine with a Merc 525 package as a sterndrive.

As you know, Don Aronow was a good friend of mine and I wanted to do something to honor his memory with a boat of his own design. We just made an agreement with Michael Aronow, to produce a limited edition of our 24 and 28 footers as special Don Aronow Signature Editions. Only Banana Boat Co will be allowed to make a Don Aronow model and obviously these will be very special boats...(Think of that Firefox on steroids).

We are still working out the details and hope to source some really exotic stuff at the IBEX show in a couple of weeks....stay tuned.

Our Don Aronow 24 and 28 versions will be sterndrive models and will have the look of the vintage Aronow types.
Charlie I swear you are 70 going on 30.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Banned

I LOVE the webber stacks in your avatar. Uncle Dave

Weber is a carburetor. Those are Kinsler FI stacks.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbkski
When I first saw this thread I thought great. Just what I've
been looking for. But the thread quickly took on a nostalgia
flavor much to my chagrin. It seems that only Baja caters
to the single guy market. My perfect boat would be 23-25ft
with a big engine, big basic cuddy (no bathrooms, cook
stoves, sinks, chairs, or other useless fluff), and a big stereo.
When I saw pics of the 25 Active Thunder I thought I found
my next boat. Unfortunately they stopped making them years
ago. What current models fit this wish list? I don't think I
would be happy with a 7ft beam. I have been spoiled by my
Cobalt's wide 8ft 6in beam.
if your looking for a new boat still 24 to 28ft go to SABER.COM check out the wed site and call them they make boats to order and read how and what they are made of there built tuff. I am putting my DEAN GELLNER HITMAN 572 in one with a KONRAD ACE XFACTOR DRIVE its a replacement for bravos so you don't need two move a motor. so they make a 24/28/34/41/47 good luck art
Old 11-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.saberboats.com/

That 24 is a little strange looking.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i loved my condor...solid, stable, quick and fun...a great boat for the money...
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-condoranddually.jpg  
Old 11-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I LOVE the webber stacks in your avatar. Uncle Dave

Weber is a carburetor. Those are Kinsler FI stacks.

Trying to figure out why you reposted this?

UD
Old 11-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
if your looking for a new boat still 24 to 28ft go to SABER.COM check out the wed site and call them they make boats to order and read how and what they are made of there built tuff. I am putting my DEAN GELLNER HITMAN 572 in one with a KONRAD ACE XFACTOR DRIVE its a replacement for bravos so you don't need two move a motor. so they make a 24/28/34/41/47 good luck art
After I read your reply I checked out the Saber Boat site. The 24
is built with wood and I will never own another boat that has
structural wood. I started two threads about the search for my
next boat but things deteriorated into some people telling me what I
want and not answering my questions. I then deleted the threads.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24 Banana Boat .......
Old 11-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dbkski
After I read your reply I checked out the Saber Boat site. The 24
is built with wood and I will never own another boat that has
structural wood. I started two threads about the search for my
next boat but things deteriorated into some people telling me what I
want and not answering my questions. I then deleted the threads.
Do you discern between structural wood (stringers) and balsa coring? OR is all "wood" bad in your opinion?

Balsa as a core material is markedly stronger across the measurable indexes than the man made core materials (foams) but becoming more widely used.

UD

Quick Reply: Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.