Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sbi/opa. Bad Bad Planning ? >

Sbi/opa. Bad Bad Planning ?

Notices

Sbi/opa. Bad Bad Planning ?

Old 03-09-2002, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To Everyone. I don't want to be the bad guy here. I am not one for dragging someone through the mud. I bought this foward Not to be labled the bad guys again! So here is my final say!

I acted on a couple of past problems that have happened that I will not bring up! Ron you know what they are, that is why I am uneasy of what was going on!

So with that said, Ron thank you! that is a nice gesture of moving the race 1 hour . Hopefully you will have a good turn out and if a few of the guys can make it up there in time that would be a good thing.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Registered

Now I know why i like offshore racing and Formula ! auto racing.
SAME STUPID POLITICS !!!!!
Old 03-09-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

When is everyone going to stop all the finger pointing and crying?? as far as i can see , NEVER! Unfortunately, things cant always work out the way everyone would like them to.
NJPPC has to realize something. SBI is a major racing oganization, they are not. Sbi (as well as APBA) deals with many different pokerun clubs and other small boating organizations to help them out as races . I'm sure that schedules dont always coincide to everyones liking, and someone has to sacrifice. in the end its usally the little guy, but thats life.
SBI is the sanctioning body that makes this race happen, so we have to bend towards thier needs more than anyone, also towards the town where the race is being held. After all, they provide the access to the site.
To make a comparison, and this is with no disrespect to NJPPC,
SBI is like CART in INDY car racing, they run the show. CART is'nt going to change their race schedule because a group of local fans are going to see a dirt track race at Billy Bobs race track and cant make the race.

I realize that people are going to have to make a tough choice due to both events, but all involved will have to do whats best for them.

The opinions expressed above are those of the host and not of the station or advertisers!
Old 03-09-2002, 09:12 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Well the way I determined where I would be that weekend was the one that already had their schedule set and in place and I had already committed to. I will try to make the second event, but can't see how one would be able to volunteer showing up one half hour before the race...The schedules are set, so now let's just let it play out and hope both go well.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-09-2002, 09:27 AM
Registered

Vin Man,
I agree there are going to be conflicts on somebodies calander just because, and I dont think it was intentional to create a conflict BUUTTTTTT.
NJPPC's Poker Run will get twice if not three times the participants the race will and many of the volunteers that this SBI event needs are going on the Poker Run. SBI is a major orgnization that DEPENDS ON major volunteers. They are making it way difficult on themselves. Not Smart! Ron works hard every year to scrounge sweep boats together and just to make this race happen. (it always seems to be on the verge of not) Without *****en and cryin I dont think they are making it easier for themselve.
NJPPC has the organization (thanks to Dave and Staff) and the participation levels to make the Poker Run a great event, and its going to be. There are no worries there.
I dont see it as one against the other (maybe it is but I couldnt give a $^&%) I hope the SBI can come up with the volunteers they need and put on a good show. Ill be in A/C and if my heads not throbing too bad mabe Ill catch some of the race that afternoon.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:35 AM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by VinMan
To make a comparison, and this is with no disrespect to NJPPC, SBI is like CART in INDY car racing, they run the show. CART is'nt going to change their race schedule because a group of local fans are going to see a dirt track race at Billy Bobs race track and cant make the race.
I was an almost full-time volunteer for the OPA last year, and I am also a member of the NJPPC. I realize you meant no disrespect to the NJPPC, but that remark simply wasn't a fair analogy in my opinion.

Good luck and my best regards to all.

Jennifer

Old 03-09-2002, 11:01 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Sharkey, we are making special arrangements for NJPPC members so that they will have the sweep boat flags ahead of time and can show up 10 minutes before the start of the race.

We are doing everything possible to make this a smooth progression from the Poker Run to the Race.

The only thing that can screw this up is mother nature and 10 foot seas.

I'm sure this will come together nicely.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:51 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I know you will do everything you possibly can Ron , because you always put your heart into these races. I wish you nothing but the best with it!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-09-2002, 08:21 PM
Smittymarine

Mike, don't you ever have anything good to say? Dude life is short, get one.

Old 03-09-2002, 08:34 PM
Registered

I realize that many people will take my anology of Of CARTand NJPPC the wrong way, and apologise if i hurt anyones feelings, but , I still stand by what I said. Hey, what it comes down to is racing! Pure and simple! Our sport needs all the help and promotion it can get. The ego trips of a few people are not helping matters any, it's just hurting the sport.
All the APBA ,SBI ,NJPPC bickering is a bunch of Bull****!! When is it ever going to end??? Get over it people!
Racers and race teams invest alot of time and money into what they do, the last thing they need is grief due to the egos of the people who run or help run the races.

Smitty , AMEN!! Well said!!

Last edited by VinMan; 03-09-2002 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Sbi/opa. Bad Bad Planning ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.