Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Glen Cove Powerboat Poker Run Results 2008 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195786-glen-cove-powerboat-poker-run-results-2008-a.html)

Billy Frenz 09-21-2008 11:10 AM

Glen Cove Powerboat Poker Run Results 2008

1st Place: John Ruggieri; 3 Queens (...quite a crew) in WHITE LIGHTNING, 40 Activator w/ Chief Turbo Engines
2nd Place: John Ruggieri; Two Pair, Aces over 7's...same crew!
3rd Place: Ante Zic; Two pair, Aces over 4's; 37 OUTERLIMITS, #37 with JC Performance engines,...very fast!
4th Place: Tom Abraham; Two pair, Kings over 7's; 45 Cigarette Maximus with Zul Power
5th Place: Eric Cheshire; Two pair, Kings over 6's; 41 Apache Classic Race Boat...the real deal!
BEST LOOKING BOAT AWARD: Ozzie Castellnau, "The Wizard of Oz", 38 Cigarette Top-Gun...He's back!
BEST LOOKING CREW AWARD: JOHN RUGGIERI, (yeah...the guy with 3 Queens...)
SEAMANSHIP AWARD V-BOTTOMS: Tom Abraham's 45 Cigarette...yeah, he's still very, very fast!
SEAMANSHIP AWARD CATS: Sal Sciandra and Sons' TOP TOMATO RACE TEAM, "AWESOME": 40 Skater Cat with Merc 1075 HP's and Speedie 6's...and looks even more awesome on its tilt-trailer!
SPIRIT OF THE NPBA: Carmine Derosa in his 37 OUTERLIMITS with Merc Power. He ran hard, broke it, fixed it, ran harder...then really broke it! It is that "never quit" attitude that earned him the Prestigious and highly respected "SPIRIT OF THE NATIONAL POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION" Award ...a wonderful quality that we all seem to share in this organization.

On another note, I did see Tommy Fancher's "OUTERLIMITS" come into Oyster Bay with the Black Supercharged Sunsation of Alan Ober, co-piloted by Charlie Melchner, Jr of Mahopac Marine, "nipping" at Tommy's transom with Ozzie in his Cigarette in "3rd place". GOOD FUN!

Jimmy "Mac" was inducted into the NPBA HALL OF FAME!..the well respected legend from Long Island.
Johnny O'Loughlin wowed the crowd in his new 42 MTI Cat, "Justice is Coming"...what a showstopper!
The Aitken Brothers, sons of the famed Peter Aitken/"BLACK DUCK RACING TEAM" showed up in their 28 Active Thunder...and let everybody else start 1st and played "catch up"...until we hit the bar after the run.

More stories and pictures/helicopter photos to follow soon at www.frenzyperformance.com
Billy Frenz
NATIONAL POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION
E-mail: [email protected]

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN RUGGIERI; you had quite a successful day on Long Island Sound...I can only imagine what your night was like in New Jersey!...and we wish you many, many more!

Gladhe8er 09-21-2008 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=Billy Frenz;2692480]The Aitken Brothers, sons of the famed Peter Aitken/"BLACK DUCK RACING TEAM" showed up in their 28 Active Thunder...and let everybody else start 1st and played "catch up"...until we hit the bar after the run.

QUOTE]
(cut and pasted from the other Glen Cove thread)

Billy, great run today, even though I missed most of it.

As some of you know, I missed the start because i missed the entrance to Glen Cove and went into shallow water where I sucked up some sand and shreddedthe water pump.

Thanks to the Glen Cove PD for the gracious tow....
Thanks to TSPM(Paul H) for finding somebody with an impeller kit while I was getting towed back.
Thanks to Tom with the Outerlimits for supplying the kit and tools.
Thanks to Charlie from Mahopac Marine helping me get the darn thing off.
And thanks to Robert from Team Gekko for finishing off the job.

Let's hope next year brings some better luck!

C5Steve 09-21-2008 04:10 PM

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...yneedspics.gif

stainless 09-21-2008 07:11 PM

sorry i missed it ! Billy are you doing the around manhatten run this year ?

cd680 09-21-2008 11:45 PM

thanks billy good run,even though we limped in, we had a great time!

Big Time 09-22-2008 07:15 AM

Thanks Billy....we had a great time playing "catch up". Thanks again to everyone that got us back up and running so that we could beat the hell out of the boat!

Looking forward to the next one.

-Chris

DJD 09-22-2008 07:42 AM

You guys all looked great out there! I was on my Bertram with my family on the way from Greenwich, CT over to Northport, NY. The seas looked like 2' with an occasional 3.5' attention getter (if you were going fast). I was about a mile away & could see quite a bit of air time. Who were the first 3 or 4 boats in the lead on the way to Bridgeport? Damn, those guys ment business

14 apache 09-22-2008 02:23 PM

V bottoms

Originally Posted by DJD (Post 2693174)
You guys all looked great out there! I was on my Bertram with my family on the way from Greenwich, CT over to Northport, NY. The seas looked like 2' with an occasional 3.5' attention getter (if you were going fast). I was about a mile away & could see quite a bit of air time. Who were the first 3 or 4 boats in the lead on the way to Bridgeport? Damn, those guys ment business

I was in all white 41 apache. With an accasional attention getter with the v bottoms.

DJD 09-22-2008 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by 14 apache (Post 2693665)
I was in all white 41 apache. With an accasional attention getter with the v bottoms.

I remember seeing your boat. Looking good!

Billy Frenz 09-23-2008 01:46 PM

No Brunch Run

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 2692833)
sorry i missed it ! Billy are you doing the around manhatten run this year ?

Due to a couple of boats not listening to the Coast Guard/my instructions last year about NOT going down the East River, so as NOT to interfere with the Kayak Race (which they did), we will not be doing the brunch run. The Coast Guard got a hold of me after the run and read me the riot act...that is not happening again.
BF