Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerwheels (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19593-powerwheels.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-06-2002 10:58 PM

Powerwheels

My daughter's 3rd Birthday coming up this Saturday and we bought her the Barbie's Cruisin'Tunes 4X4 Jeep. Here I am 3 days before, trying to figure out what some bright engineer designed.:eek: "Some assembly required" :D I'll say!!! I think I would rather build another boat than go through this. I never had any patience to do models and this is just like one of a little larger scale... Sorry, just felt better to vent a little.;)

Ted G 03-06-2002 11:21 PM

If you get 3 nice golf cart batteries and wire them in series that thing will go 45-50 on gps and have a range of 50 miles:D :cool: :D

Ted G 03-06-2002 11:23 PM

OH SH*T-I just realized who I told that to!!!!!! Never mind Tim, forget I said anything........(he might actually try it):eek:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-06-2002 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:D :D :D She drove in the Bullet @ 45mph first time out, so why not??? She'd love it!!!:D :D :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-07-2002 01:29 AM

Thanks! I am now finally getting to the fun part, DECALS!!!:D :D :D

Gordo 03-07-2002 10:21 AM

When my daughter was 4 I got her the smallest Powerwheels quadrunner they made. After a week she wanted to go faster, so I put it in neutral and pushed her untill I couldn't run fast enough to make her happy.
A couple months later I got her the Powerwheels version of the Suzuki 500 Quadzilla with 2 speeds and reverse. She immediatly went to high gear, and found she could run wfo, switch to reverse and turn, then switch back to high/forward and almost do 360* powerslide.
A month later, she wanted to faster yet, so, I re-wired it !!!!
The two 6 volt batteries can be easily replaced by a 12v 750cca garden tractor battery. It would spin the tires in the driveway with my fat ass on it and was now faster than my garden tractor in road gear!
She ran the wheels off that thing. (btw, replacement wheels can be bought thru Sears service centers).
It still sits in my garage. I can't bring myself to sell it. As far as her toys, it was the best money I ever spent. I may have had more fun than she did just watching. :)

skatermike24 03-07-2002 11:01 AM

Went out and bought a new gas grill from Home Depot, never do that again try putting one of those together without instructions. :rolleyes: :cool:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-07-2002 11:43 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Iggy 03-07-2002 11:44 AM

You guys sound like Tim Allen.
If it ain't fast enough, re-wire it! ;)

:D

BODYSHOT1 03-07-2002 01:08 PM

I hear ya' Shark!!...couple Christmas Eves ago, "Santa" spent a few freezing hours in the garage assembling the Barbie Jeep...:)

It's always worth it though!! :D