Notices

In Trouble

Old 09-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As cheesy as it may sound to us guys, Chris, Spicy, and Xrated have hit the nail on the head I think. Shes looking for you to come up with an idea from the heart that cant just be "store bought". One of the best ideas Ive used is the flower thing. Go to a craft store and buy yourself some colored tissue paper and some green pipe cleaners and make her a vase of flowers. Then get yourself some candles and a make a nice sappy card. Chicks dig that stuff. You may have to put your masculinity aside for 20 minutes while you make the flowers and card, but it will be worth it later that evening. Good luck
Old 09-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered

Sounds to me sunkin and spicy got it right. May seem stupid or sappy to you , but the lady's love that stuff.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the "she doesn't mean $20, she means $2K" thing one Christmas. Backfired big-time. I showed up with trinkets from Tiffany's on Christmas eve. She made me a card & baked me cookies. And cried for two days. She wouldn't even open anything after the first two.

Sometimes these tests are hard. You've been married to her for 4 years- you should have been paying attention.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

$12.95 and you will still have enough for a fifth of cheap liquor, now is the time to make this "your day" Good luck.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joew.
I have just the thing. Watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whwbx...eature=related
I did that once! It didnt work!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OOOPPHHH.....
I feel for you guys.
My wife and I have to remind each other the date of our anniversary.
No Joke, I had a sticker in the window of my last truck that had our wedding date on it - just so I would remember to mention it. It helped ingrain it into my mind.
It'll be five yrs Nov. 24.
She usually can't remember if it's the 23rd or 24th.
We never get each other anything. Not for anniversaries, b-days, Christmas... nothing. Usually, if we want something, either one of us, and we can afford it, we go out and buy it. If we can't afford it, we save for it if we've justified the want/need/desire with each other.
It makes it very simple.
Have I ever mentioned how lucky I am to be married to her?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
$12.95 and you will still have enough for a fifth of cheap liquor, now is the time to make this "your day" Good luck.
ROFLMAO
Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Get her a bunch of things worth in and around $20...then your staying over her "Price per gift quote" yet she still gets some surprises
Old 09-24-2008, 08:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After a while, you get past that stuff. Mine bought me a Valentines card about 10 years ago. Sometime in the following summer, I found it in her glove box- she'd forgotten to sign it and give it to me. Every year after that, she tells me "Happy Valentines day! It's still in the glovebox". That joke is better than all the cards you could buy.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: In Trouble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.