Notices

100 MPH Club!

Old 03-14-2002, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what they raced, but I thought it was APBA, because there were APBA stickers all over it, and the crests in front of the drivers were the Apba high points championship crests. I was at our OSO gathering saturday and the owner/designer of Redline was there with Viscious One, and sunday I was at Viscious One's shop with Milord and there were some engineering drawings of a 40+ Redline hull from back in the day that never was produced, but it was really cool seeing that there were plans for this boat. It had sweet lines that's for sure! There's a ton of cat history all around this area, Ocean express, Awesome, Redline, and the Viscious boats are all built within 10 minutes of where I live, and Skater is about 1 1/2-2 hour drive away. It's definitely cat territory around here. I've never heard of a redline with inboards, I wonder how many of them were made like that? I know there were not many redline's made in total, just never knew of inboards in one.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-14-2002 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2002, 11:12 AM
HavasuCat

2001 DCB Mach 26, blown 510, 104 on gps. Still playing with props after a gear change. hoping to see 110 this season.

Old 03-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was only one 28' redline built with i/o's Ken Taylor that works for me now built that boat and set the engines in it . We where just talking about that boat, they built a one off custom rear deck for the shoe horn fit of the motors!
Old 03-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 28 I/O

This boat went through drastic changes in the few years it raced. It was built by John Peterson from key West. It had twin F-16 canopies on it. Origanally it had some race car guys motors in it which weren't very good in the marine app. Then they switched to UNITED who built great motors. If I remember correctly the rear deck was raised after the first season of racing. At one point they also put beaks on this boat to allow them to beef up the engines for the C class. The boat was first called America's Paradise then Change Order. The boat ran well in calm water very fast for the class but was balanced terribley for rough water. It can be seen on the intro to all the Freeze Frame tapes with the bow to the sky. This was the first paint job I designed while still in high school. Last I heard the bnoat was in Jacksonville Florida. This boat MIGHT run well with 2 or 3 Outboards.
Old 03-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

Default Hey Rayn

That boat is here in Jax,it has been changed to twin outboards and my cousin has one of the motors and a friend has the other.The boat is about two miles from my house,the only time I have seen it out of the back yard was at Christmas when Pat put it out by the road and lit it up with Santa in the drivers seat.it has 2.5os's on it now.
Old 03-15-2002, 12:13 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

That was it Pat I met him at Wylies shop. He bought and sold lots of boats. Does it still have canopies? How does it run with the 2.5's. If you see him tell him Ryan Beckley said hello.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:39 AM
Registered

Default 100mph

Crazyhorse,

My gps showed 101 at the Shoot out last year so I guess that makes me a member.

Last edited by JimV; 03-15-2002 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-15-2002, 12:34 PM
Registered

Looks good, Jim. Hope you bring it to Great Lakes Marina this year. I'd like a ride in Muskegon Lake.
Old 03-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Registered

Default Ryan

The boat still has Canopies,don't know how fast it will go I haven'talked to him lately.I'll call him this weekend and see whats up,let you know.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Registered

Cool

We wanted to add our entry to the 100 mph club. Our 2001 42' Fountain with twin Merc 900SC's runs over 120 mph and that's in Wisonsin!

Take Care everyone,

Pair-A-Dice Racing

Quick Reply: 100 MPH Club!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.