Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   100 MPH Club! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19608-100-mph-club.html)

Crazyhorse 03-07-2002 09:43 AM

100 MPH Club!

Okay, folks. I just gotta know! Who's boats are running over 100 mph and what is the make and power? Cat or V-hull? Outboards are included. Fess up, guys, and no sandbagging.:D

seanclong 03-07-2002 09:53 AM

I've been known to drive 100 mph to the marina. :rolleyes: As far as my boat? No way, no how...:o

Advantage_Rob 03-07-2002 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1990 Redline cat Full race layup 1988 2.4 bridgeport EFI's ported polished, velocity stacks,CLE lowers w/open exhaust blah blah blah, 1900 lbs total weight. 1994 S class high points world champion Team extreme former boat. $35K it's all yours w/trailer. See my homepage.

Shane 03-07-2002 10:14 AM

24 Skater, twin 225 Pro Max motors, 14.5 X 30 Merc Labbed props, just re-jetted (I have the Carbs off my old 2.5's and bolted 'em to 2000 225's), prio to re-jet was low to mid 90's. I was shy by about 1000 RPM's soi am hoping this will put me inteh century club!:rolleyes:

fred 03-07-2002 10:15 AM

Hey Crazy....the Scarab's been almost 100........you are counting on the trailer rigs....right???? hehehehehe......Fred....is Barb feeling better?

Ryan Beckley 03-07-2002 10:18 AM

ummmmmm......NO

Sorry Rob,
The bare hull un rigged MIGHT weigh 1900lbs. A super light weight 28 skater weighs in at more than 3000lbs ready to run. That boat was NEVER world champion nor has it ever beent to the APBA or SBI worlds. Redlines ARE Nice and fast though.

Advantage_Rob 03-07-2002 10:37 AM

Well Ryan, I'm going off the weight I was told from the builder, which is local to this area, FYI the redline hull is an ocean express knock off, go check oceanexpress.com and read the 1300lb weight of the hull on the 25 before you go too far into this. My hull is a slightly stretched 25 with a lightweight layup. The Championship data comes from brochures I have from the apba Silver cup series, and the full page Team extreme ad, looking for additional sponsorship with all of thier credentials, including two divisional, and a national championship, with pic's of my boat in rqace trim, so you can dispute the advertisement, cuz thats where my info comes from. I might have the year wrong, I thought it was 94, maybee 93 not positive cuz I havent looked at that booklet in a few years. So if I'm wrong dont casterate me, I'll get a scan of the race pamphlet and post it, If Its improper I'm wrong, but I dont think it is. All I know is cat's are the way to go fast, but I'd prefer a 35-40' cat next time. The graphics were totally different back in it's racing days, and there was a race hatch, so it looks totally different now then it did when I bought it. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything either, I'm sure you know alot more about it than I do.I never even followed racing till 99.
I know, it's not a skater, but I'm ok with that:p

Crazyhorse 03-07-2002 12:26 PM

Fred. Barb's still sick as a dog. Drove the porcelain bus all Tuesday night. She's feeling a little better but still down for the count. Any word on the sale of the 30?
Great looking boats in this thread, guys. It's got to be a rush at 100 or more!

Strike 03-07-2002 12:42 PM

30' Specre

It is for sale and like new! $98,900

fred 03-07-2002 12:45 PM

Dave sorry to hear Barb's still sick,...there is some crap going around that hangs on for awhile...a few of my workers from the shop have had it and been out a few days,....I am supposed to be getting a down payment this week on the Scarab....I'm getting nervous....last I talked to him it was supposed to happen this week....his son just closed on a house and he had to drop some cash on him also, I'll try to contact the buyer tonight and get the scoop,....Fred