Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Cummins/Mercruiser Project >

New Cummins/Mercruiser Project

Notices

New Cummins/Mercruiser Project

Old 12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

stirling - the boat is looking great, you put alot of effort into that project, hope it all works as planned! Again really nice work!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
stirling - the boat is looking great, you put alot of effort into that project, hope it all works as planned! Again really nice work!
Thanks Joe , it is a lot of work to get everything on its place , its winter here ,so hopefully I will have the boat ready in may or june to do the first sea trial ... the nibral 4 blade cleavers I have are 19 inch diameter , whats your prediction when turning those at 3500 propshaft rpm ( 1:1 in second gear ) pitch is 26 ?
I don,t use it as a raceboat but like to get the most speed out of it (like all of us here ha ha )
I have been thinking at night to have an aluminium box made where I can place 2 gears in to let the output shafts spin 20% faster ,and raise the engines up a few inches more to make room for the offset in the boxes ,this could be bolted to the back of the ZF 110 trans ...

Quick Reply: New Cummins/Mercruiser Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.