Notices

help needed

Old 09-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed

hi again from my previous threat you have already known i am looking for some engine options. long story short ,an elderly friend of mine is giving his 94 formula 382 sr 1 for 35 grand with no trailer it has 502 s with superchargers at 700 hours one of the engingine is with a blown out block the other one seems to be ok the hull is in great shape cabin too there are some minor changes need to be done on upholstery and major ones on the dashboard .with the new engines and all the changes it will cost tome around 100k would you do this or would you rather get a newer one with slightly use engine but there is a hint i am down in greece this boat is here and anything i will buy from us i have to pay 17 grand to bring here...thanks
Old 09-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tcm07
hi again from my previous threat you have already known i am looking for some engine options. long story short ,an elderly friend of mine is giving his 94 formula 382 sr 1 for 35 grand with no trailer it has 502 s with superchargers at 700 hours one of the engingine is with a blown out block the other one seems to be ok the hull is in great shape cabin too there are some minor changes need to be done on upholstery and major ones on the dashboard .with the new engines and all the changes it will cost tome around 100k would you do this or would you rather get a newer one with slightly use engine but there is a hint i am down in greece this boat is here and anything i will buy from us i have to pay 17 grand to bring here...thanks
THE ONLY THING THAT MATTER'S IS IF YOU THINK IT'S A GOOD DEAL , EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN OPINION .
YOU WILL NEVER MAKE ANY MONEY SELLING A USED BOAT SO AS LONG AS YOUR HAPPY WITH THE $ YOU PUT INTO IT GO FOR IT
BECUASE IF YOU WHERE TO TRY AND SELL THE BOAT AFTER YOU DO THE WORK WITH THE NEW MOTOR'S IT WILL BE A USED BOAT AND MOTOR'S AGAIN AND WILL BE WORTH HALF OF WHAT YOU SPEND OR CLOSE TO THAT .
YOU CAN NEVER WIN WITH BOAT'S JUST LOOSE MONEY