Old 03-07-2002, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moon-

I like that one.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Registered

We just purchased a 2002 AT 37 AVH after a lot of shopping. The boat is absoulutly incredible in rough water. We were out in 5-6 foot seas, and the boat always flew flat, landed without a hint of pounding and never made a sound. The thing was like so solid, I could not believe it. The boat had some hours on it too, it was not fresh out of the mold.

The new Cabin on the AT is also excellent.

Hull efficiency is incredible. Mid to high 80's on 500 EFI's. That is hard to beat.

And you can't forget about Pat and Steve. These guy's are incredible.

As far as holding value. Based on what I have seen out there, AT's will have no problem holding their value and would anticipate their value increasing over the next couple of years.

What can I say, they sold me and I bought one.

One word of advice, go for a ride before you buy. It will be enlightening.

Last edited by h2owarrior; 03-07-2002 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

SKYPIRATE, I CANT ADD ANYMORE THAN THE OTHER GUYS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THUNDER, EXEPT ONE THING, I DO HAVE K.E. MOTORS GOING IN MINE, AND BY APRIL 10, GO DOWN TO THE A.T. PLANT AND HAVE PAT TAKE YOU OUT, IT WILL BE 105 PLUS MPH RIDE. CIGARETTES ARE ALSO A DAMN GOOD BOAT, BUT WE'VE DONE ARE HOMEWORK, JUST LIKE IN SCHOOL COPY MY NOTES, AND CHECK OUT THESE NEW MILLENIUM CABINS, TRICK HARDWARE WHICH NO ONE IS USING, BY FAR THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WARRANTY IN THE INDUSTRY. BY THE END OF THE MONTH YOU WILL SEE THE INTERIORS ON THEIR WEBSITE WWW.ACTIVETHUNDERBOATS.COM ALONG WITH MY BOAT BEING PAINTED. IF YOU WANT CUSTOM, AND NO BS, AND WANT A CUSTOM BOAT BUILT ON A TIMELY MANNER WITH A PILLOW LIKE RIDE AND A BAD ASS STANCE LIKE ITS RACING STANDING STILL IN THE WATER, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF US AT POKER RUNS THIS YEAR, I DAMN PROUD OF WHAT I OWN, AND IF YOU ONLY KNEW ME, I DONT SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST. I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK, CALL ME ANYTIME IF I CAN HELP YOU, BUT GO FOR A RIDE IN MY BOAT. JEFF JASSBY 228-255-3400 OFFICE 228-216-0900 CELL DONT FORGET TO CALL THEM UP FOR A CD ROM AND IFO PACK. 954-782-1111 ASK FOR STEVE.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Wow. Surprising thread.

However, it would be nice to hear from owners of 37's that have had them for a while, not just folks having them built. We see more than enough posting about how great it is to work with AT on building one, but not a lot from those that own 37's now and have had them.

Resale? Cigs have history, 37 AT's don't have much. I see 37 AT's for sale. I also don't see them selling. Everyone is building a new one. There are two 37 AT's for high $120's with 500's. Cigs don't hit that range till they're about 10 years old. 37 AT hasn't been around that long. They're not as expensive out of the gate though, not yet, but from what I hear, won't be all that far off in the future.

Anyway, just trying to "keep it real" for you. There are a lot of excited guys having AT's built, and deservedly so, but don't let the enthusiasm skew the numbers for you. Both are great boats. I just wish Cig updated the cabins.....ahem, anyone reading?

I can't comment on the ride, been in neither of them. They'll both be great rides.

But, I must say though, the nicest boat on AT's website is the 2002 37 Outerlimits on the used page.... Slightly more expensive, though.

Anyway, both great boats, but I'd weigh what owners that have had them a few season have to say more heavily.

Speaking of that, where are all the Cig guys? LOL!

Mark
Old 03-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I believe the used 37's for sale are not AVH step-hull boats- AT will build them either way, but the AVH is the way everyone is going.
That probably has some effect on the resale value of the non-step hulls?
Either way they're an awesome boat!
Old 03-08-2002, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

32 FEVER, YOUR RIGHT IN WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, WE ARE A LITTLE ENTHUSIASTIC, BECAUSE THE THUNDERS WEVE BEEN ON HAVE OVER 80-300 HRS OF ABUSE ON THEM AND STILL LOOK AND RIDE GOOD, AND WE ARE GETTING THE REVISED AND FINELY TOONED MODELS WITH ALL THE IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WEBSITE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, ITS GOT THE ACTIVE OWNERS PAGE ON THERE WITH LISTED NUMBERS TO CALL, OR THUNDER CAN GET YOU A LIST. AS FAR AS RESALE THEY WILL BE LIKE O.L., BUILDING CLIENTEL FOR ONLY THE LARGER 32, 37, 42, AND FUTURE SURPRISES COMING UP, ON A LIMITED BASIS TO THE CLIENTEL THAT WANTS A CUSTOM BOAT. THE BOATS NO LONGER WILL BE INEXPENSIVE, BUT WILL BE BETTER BUILT AND BE COMPETIVELY PRICED WITH THE BEST OF THEM . THEY ARE DOING MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER CO. IN GIVING YOU WHAT YOU WANT , USING BETTER HARDWARE, CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND WARRANTY. AND THEY DO TAKE TRADE INS, THATS WHY YOU SEE THE OUTERLIMITS AND A FOUNTAIN ON THEIR PAGE, YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE'NT GONE FOR A RIDE.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:54 AM
Registered

Default When did Active Thunder start the AVH hull thing?

On the Active Thunder site, I see a used 37 '00 and '99 with AVH. I thought AVH was real new? They also say 24 degree AVH. are the '01 s 25 degree AVH? --- John

http://www.activethunderboats.com/pr...pp/37trapp.htm
Old 03-08-2002, 07:13 AM
Cigarette500EFI

I currently own a Cigarette with 500EFI's and do my boating in the Atlantic from NYC to Montauk Point. As far as I am concerned there is no better boat on the market. She rides like a champ in all waters and there is no replacement for heritage. The boat is a proven performer.

Old 03-08-2002, 07:55 AM
Registered

Wow. What a response.

Thank you for all the responses. "insptech" was not kinding when he said the AT faithful would be here shortly! That says alot for Active Thunder. But where are all the Cigarette supporters? I have posted this thread on the Cigarette board in hopes of generating some response from the Cigarette owners. I would like to hear from some owners that have had thier AT for a while as "32fever" has said. Again thank you all who replied

James
Old 03-08-2002, 07:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thunder Roy could give some input on the 37 A/T's. He's owned a couple of them.

He won't buy anything else. I've ridden in his in some snotty stuff, and the ride is incredible, and runs like a bat out of HELL!!!

And he ain't SCARED to drive it!!! He has a pic of his posted on the A/T website!!!

Its all smiles for me!!!

Quick Reply: 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.