38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ? >

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Notices

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Old 03-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Figures an Expert like the World champion here would know the APBA rule on Non Canopied F-2 Race boats In short you have to have a stock Interior IMHO Also BTW a Cigarette is a boat one trades on a Real High Performance boat right?? Since we are into rudimentary insults
Old 03-10-2002, 08:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a little trash talkin'.........
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2002, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both companies make great boats. Neil at Cigarette is one of the most knowledgeable and talented guys in the industry. The boats he makes are the epitome of quality and style.

Pat, who owns Active Thunder, has made great strides in building a boat that is extremely well thought-out, built and rigged. He has some things to prove to the skeptics but so did Outerlimits and every other boat company that is now considered at the top. He's a knowledgeable guy who is committed to his customers and is making boats that put quality first.

Buying a boat comes down to personal choice. The Cigarette is a boat designed to go fast in all kinds of water and do so without anything coming apart. The boats are usually built without any extraneous amenities. Let's face it. The more items you add to a boat, the more things that can possibly break. So, without heads, toilets, microwaves, televisions, dvd players, refrigerators, etc. you have fewer things that can break while running fast. However, many people want the aforementioned amenities. That is why Fountain, Formula, Donzi, Sonic, Black Thunder, Nor-Tech, Outerlimits and Active Thunder, among others offer those options. In fact, the Outerlimits Let's Rock, which will run around 118, is equipped with a head and a vaccu-flush toilet and several big 100+mph OT's run with full cabins and all the accoutrements above. Many of those boats have done so without breaking of the options. But, there is always the risk that stuff will break. So, pick a boat. Add your options and take your chances.

It all comes down to personal preferences and what works for some won't work for others. I think both Cigarette and Active Thunder are great boats. If you own either one, congratulations you've got a great machine.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Why even bother dignifying this guy with responses. Just ignore him or her and I am sure they will go away. We all know the deal and it seems as if anyone can talk **** like this guy and sent nasty e-mails, but I would just ignore him.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by ActiveThunder
But the OSO member is looking for an offshore boat he can run with ammenities, right? I missed the part where he is looking to race. Keep posting! Keep our name at the top! We save $3500..00 this way.
WOO HOO!

I read this as:
"Anyone who posts in this thread gets $3500 off their next boat"

Cool.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by JASSMAN
32 fEVER, THERES MORE TO IT THEN YOU KNOW, IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE, I RECIEVED A NASTY EMAIL, LIKE I POSTED EARLIER,

IF YOU WANNA PLAY YOU GOTTA PAY, OUTERLIMITS, CIGARETTE, POWERPLAY, NORTECH, EVEN FOUNTAIN, FORMULA, AND HUSTLER ARE ALL UP THEIR IN PRICE, WHY IN THE HELL SHOULDN'T A.T. BE THERE, POSSIBLY, THE DIRECTION OF THE COMPANY IS MOVING IN A DIFFERENT WAY THEN THE MASS PRODUCERS, QUALITY IS NUMBER #1 WITH PAT, AND AGAIN WE ARE NOT SCREWING IT UP, WHY SHOULD PATS PRICES BE LESS THAN A COMPARABLE FOUNTAIN, THATS WHAT YOUR ASKING, NOT TRYING TO START CRAP, BUT THIS IS WHATS FAIR.
Jassman.
1, then you should reply in an email to that individual. Getting involved on here just makes it worse.

2. Like I posted earlier, $235k for a 37 with 496ho's? (which I guess is not what everyone else was told, but that's why I got, so sticking to that) I can buy a 38 Fountain for that with the same power, probably quite a bit less, although I haven't checked. And I have to pay a dealer markup. My thought is I should pay LESS from a factory direct buy, because, just like supply and demand is basic business, so is eliminating the middle man. (doesn't matter really, can't get my wife to let me do anything even though the bank will...I keep looking and planning and when she has a weak moment, I'll be on it like a hooker on nickel night with a $5 coupon)

Mark
Old 03-11-2002, 12:06 AM
Registered

Wow I get on a plane for a few hours and look what I come back to.

Pat, Your last post was right on. Lets get out on the water and have some fun. I chose the AT, I have a good friend who chose a Fountain, another that chose a Formula, another that chose a Velocity. The point is we are all good friends and we all have different boats and we all think we bought the best boats. And we did. We each bought the best boat for our needs and wants. And they were infomed decisions based on months of research.

The thread got started to talk about the differences between two boats that were being considered. Lets get back to talking about boats and answereing skypirate's question.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

32 Fever, I wont send an email back to that guy, I know who he is, an alais from another manufacturer, he's upset that we and some other guys bought Thunders and not his boat. He doesnt understand why and up until the Miami show has always bashed Thunder, along with every other competitor in his area. Its the 2nd email, saying the same thing in the last 8 mos., or so. - Now to your Q's, a 38 Fountain is still priced more than 225, or you still think its 235, with 500efi, not 496s and are two different boats, both excellent, but Im not going to school you on this, you obviously know which one you want if it is competitvely priced. Outerlimits in 96 use to be competivetly priced also. In 2 years you can buy my Thunder for a reasonable so called price, then I can get Pats 42 or 49, good evening
Old 03-11-2002, 05:41 AM
worldchampioncigarette

okay im calm now, but did that did that Miller guy ever buy a boat or is he still just giving his worthless advice??

Old 03-11-2002, 06:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey WorldChump, you obviously dont know Miller, or anyone else on this board, you seem to have nothing but critisism, and are a real looser inside, did you have a bad child hood, or something, this will be the last thread on this topic from myself, like TOO OLD stated, get to the main topic, or get off

Quick Reply: 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.