Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

The only problem I have with giving 5 k for the video is that mercedes was way port and gold digger was way right and a good promotional video guy would not have either of you in the video, it would just look like cat killer was in the lead with us behind him and about 50 others behind us
Old 10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
offshoredrillin..... there is no other answer to this question

What boat came in first at the Don Arronow boat run? no need to justify or any bs. simple. FOUNTAIN. what motors?525. its that simple. is Reggie fibbin? NO! and at jacksonville did Reggie kick the crap out of the cats? yes...once again is he fibbing? NO.

ummm dude, he came in 3rd, behind 2 cats...the only reason that was was because maximus blew a blower snout off...or they would have been farther down the chain...the comparidon to my boat was the fact that an all out race setup, didnt do that much better than a pleasure boat with basically stock motors...you lose, just like fountain.
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Earthwerks
All of this controversy and name calling, I'm just glad it is not about me. BUt, I am enjoying this. Maybe we should stop screwing around, and start having some grudge races.$$$$$$$$
Nice, 525 old race boats that do 104mph challanging top notch cats to a grudge race....That is marketing!!!! Go Reggie go!!!!!!! This is great stuff!!!!

Bring out the slow boats to fight the rocket ships!!!!!!!
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Two things I learned here.

1) The Mercedes MTI has got as much go as she has show. Rock On Gino !!

Only makes me want it more.

2) They renamed the CatKiller CASH Killer. I guess I better look over my shoulder and keep my house lights low.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to Richie Prince who started all this, he beat Rio Roses with a 36 Eliminator in Jacksonville running 500Hps.
The following year came Cat Killer.Richie now races in OSS in his 39 Mti green Team Shocker.
I lost respect for Reggie at a Miami boat show when he wouldn't let me in the display because I woulding fill out a information card.I wasnt there for a date I had a friend that was intersted in a Fountain.He also made a stupid comment about the Skater shirt I was wearing.
According to Fountain65 I guess I should have bowed down to the King.Company lost out my friend bought a new Cig instead.Wish I could have made the run.
Way to go Gino and Bill!!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I will start by saying Poker runs America did a wonderful job at this poker run. They stressed the fact that this is a Poker run and not a race. We had no intentions of racing today. However we were a little provoked and we did Race the 2 cat killer boats but this was done far away from the poker run group. We were no way near any other boats to endanger anyone.

To tell you the truth when Reggies boys showed up this morning 10 minutes before the run and docked right next to me I did get a lilittle nervous as Hering screwed up and my props which were Fedexed yesterday did not make it in time. I only have a set of stock Merc 39 props which are way too small. We were in no way set up to race anyone let alone Reggies professional race teams.
I was thinking about how I called Reggie out a few months ago and today is not the day to mess with these guys. Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc. I heard they had had enough fuel in each boat for 17 miles. We didn't beat them, we destroyed them! We slowed up twce to let them catch us and each time smoked them. We beat them both so bad, they turned around and ran home, tails between their legs, like beaten Mutts!

I wouldn't come here and brag about beating anyone as everyone has to have a bad day sometimes BUT after all the crap with cat killer and Pu$$y cats, I am thrilled to death that a pleasure boat, filled to the air vents with fuel (1840 lbs) , 4 BIG guys in the boat, cooler with ice, tools etc.
I now have one question, Is Reggie man enough to admit when he's been beat?

Reggie,
Can you please post the video your helicoptor took? I would love to show it to my grand kids some day.
Gino thank for telling it how it is. congrats
Old 10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I'm going to make an offer. If anyone knows the camera man in that helicoptor, let him know I have $5000 cash waiting for him for an unedited copy of the video.
A full page ad in a national magazine would be AWESOME!!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Was this just a well planned ploy by Reggie Fountain? Look at all the chatter it has created. It kind of reminds me of Mike Fiore of Outer Limits VS Reggie Fountain of Fountain Powerboats as to who is the Fastest Vee Bottom in the World. We all remember that and the out come. Then it was the Cat Killer and now it is the Cash Killer and we can see by this post the interest it has created. I would love to see the Video and hear from Reggie Fountain on here and could there be a rematch in the near future?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:22 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
The one the right , Is the old Rio Roses , It only has 750`s in her.

Mike
mike thats rich's boat isnt it
Old 10-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congats Gino and Larry, makes my weekend. But don't be suprised by the video and lies to follow. I was at Jacksonville in 06, and Randy Kent in Speed Racer spanked his @ss there but some creative editing changed that. I heard B. Robertson telling Woods that the cat was faster but that is not what he said in the video

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.