Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Had we known we were going to an all out drag race we would have worn helmets. Actually we would have had about 200 gallons less fuel, 2 less people, we would have left the coolers, ice, tools and other junk back at the dock, and we would have had some worked Hering props rathr than my stock Merc props that were 2 sizes too small for the conditions. Fortunitly even with these factors we still smoked "the fastest boat in the world" accroding to Reggies video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E62JKU8E6I

R.I.P.
CAT KILLER
?-??-2006 to 10-4-2008
Gino first off congradulations its time that someone showed the potential that some of the MTIs have over a V-bottom. I watched the video and it made me laugh on how they were sites were on Speed Racer it would be a different story today with the way the boat is set up and dialed in. We all know that Poker Runs are not a race and when you have open waters Fountain always seems to gun for one boat or another. We actually had a Fountain rep and the owner of his brand new 38 Lightning with 600s come up to us and asked who owned the 700 Donzi ZR? We turned and said we do. Here we are with friends and a potential customer when they said were going to kick your a$$ tomorow. I turned and said this is not a race its a Poker Run but if we are out there and its open water we will see. We started out 3rd from the rear water was a little choppy but not bad. we spotted him and pulled close to show them here we are! Pulled off to the left were it was clear and not only put him down we running side by side at 98mph, I could see the trim going up and down on the Fountain and said to Mike he is maxed Now put him away we dropped the throttles and pulled to 107MPH. We all know in the boating world no matter what boat, what horsepower someone is always going to faster. But when you keep bragging over and over again that WE ARE THE FASTEST. I love when someone comes along and puts them in there place.. Reggie said by by ***** Cat now its your turn and say by by Cat Killer
Old 10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

wow Billet hung pretty good didnt think we were any where near there . Just like to thank all who helped out with Gold diigger after the issues we had on thursday (ol guys and Ron from fast boats ) We all worked hard on Friday to get together including Bill himself was in the bilage.

I was on my way to the boat ramp to get Bills six door at about 11 pm and they were hard at work on cat killer under the lights.
Hope to see you all in key west!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
That's right. I was only doing 80-90 mph. I'm not a Cat Killer by any means. With 750 Supercats that burn a lot of fuel, I was more worried about finishing the run that being the fastest. And we always look like a race team with full equipment, as it is not fun hitting the roll cage with your head after a hard landing.
I think I had one of the smaller engine packages anyway after what I saw on the dock.
I enjoy bring my raceboat to the events. For me it is not a race but a big social event with comraderie like I had in racing.

I also represent PRA sponsor Rio Roses who likes me bringing the boat too.

So I'll keep bringing it and not threaten anyone by it. 80-90 mph for me is just fine. Remember, it's not a race, right?

A special thanks to Larry Goldman who was so gracious to us at the dock helping to get us situated in a nasty crosswind.

Rich Troppoli
Boat looked and sounded great!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Smile

Thank you. That's very nice of you to say that.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
Thank you. That's very nice of you to say that.
Shock..

I don't think anyone saying anything bad against the Fountain boats.. or even specificaly the Rio (I always liked Rio, eversince I came back from Rio D, Brazil).. It's an awsome tub on the water.
The issues is against Rggie's attitude and integrity. (or lack of)
Rio IS my fav. fountain.. Nothing against the boats.. great boats.. Reggie needs and "Attitude adjustmentt" and may be he is gettig one.

Hope to see the rose at KW.. Good luck.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

Thanks also for the kind comments, Paradox.

I wasn't trying to get pulled into the for and against Reggie thing. As for me, what he did for my team and I was probably the greatest thing that could have happened to me in 22 years of racing. That's all I really want to say.

I love Rio too, being the best of all my 5 raceboats throughout the years. I just love running it and having fun at the poker runs .
Old 10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Ok... in keeping with my diagonal blur theme-
here's one more of Zack's OL cat.

(sorry for the hijack, Gino! I'll go and get my own thread soon...)

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Registered

Were there any other fast V's there other than the Fountain's?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Ok... in keeping with my diagonal blur theme-
here's one more of Zack's OL cat.

(sorry for the hijack, Gino! I'll go and get my own thread soon...)

It's ok, you get your own thread ad I'm going to post pictures of Mccain !!!

Any other shots of the Mercedes boat? I do want a copy of the one you already posted.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

Nice work Jayboat, keep em coming

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.