Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
I think the only way you're going to get more of the "grass roots" crowd, is to stop bringing full blown raceboats to the runs.

The average guy that doesn't read OSO, or keep up with the race scene, doesn't know the Fountain Race boats at the poker run may not by the fastest boats there. They just know they're raceboats, and that causes more intimidation than open cockpits "pleasure boats" with pretty paint. They REALLY feel outgunned when they are tied up next to guys putting space suits on, vs a group wearing swimsuits and matching lifejackets, loading a cooler, and blairing the stereo.

I for one like seeing the raceboats at the runs, because I rarely go to the races. They are fun to run around with, and to see how my boat stacks up against a few of them.

I also think your dealership is the best thing Fountain has going for them overall! It's a tough industry and I hope you're getting some good business throughout it all.
I think "race boats' and celeb boats are good for the sport and Poker Runs... That being said.. the race boats should be doing like all the rest of the Poker Run boats. Coolers packed with ice.. 6 guys in the cockpit (joking a bit... but only a bit) mingeling with the rest of the participants... etc..
The Fountains showed up Saturday AM.. Practically didn't say boo to anyone.. Didn't feel like a PR participating bunch.

I love to see race boats or anythng that floats for that matter in a PR.. but .. c'mon guys.. keep it light hearthed.. run and have fun with the rest of us..
You want to hit it at times ? go for it... At the end of the day.. there are no checker flags.... just a bunch of boating loving people getting a nice party and getting smashed..
Quit having your nose scraping the clouds and just have fun.
Fun is what's all about..
Next Poker Run.. I'll be bringing a plywood with am egg beater strapped on.. and I WILL STLL HAVE FUN. !!!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't know how to say it loud enough this is the bst thread i read since joining the site , i'm headin to key west for my first big poker run race and can't to meet some of the people i see chatting here , i personally can't stand fountain ecause of the image reggie has portrayed (arogant bast-rd_), as some guys have said t the end of the day it's just a bunch of boat people hangin having a good time , i look foward to hearing about the rematch , and congrats and good luck to gino and company ,, i hope i get to meet you guys in kw ,
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

thanks to reggie finnaly something good to talk about !!!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

congrats BIG DADDY!! great running!!

XXL and Medium!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
That's right. I was only doing 80-90 mph. I'm not a Cat Killer by any means. With 750 Supercats that burn a lot of fuel, I was more worried about finishing the run that being the fastest. And we always look like a race team with full equipment, as it is not fun hitting the roll cage with your head after a hard landing.
I think I had one of the smaller engine packages anyway after what I saw on the dock.
I enjoy bring my raceboat to the events. For me it is not a race but a big social event with comraderie like I had in racing.

I also represent PRA sponsor Rio Roses who likes me bringing the boat too.

So I'll keep bringing it and not threaten anyone by it. 80-90 mph for me is just fine. Remember, it's not a race, right?

A special thanks to Larry Goldman who was so gracious to us at the dock helping to get us situated in a nasty crosswind.

Rich Troppoli
Wow, great post Rich...To me that is the spirit of poker runs, not the farce that Reggie put up...I would be honored one day to run in a poker run with you, my tiger only does mid 70's but would enjoy the camaraderie. I would also lend a hand if you ever needed it, no questions asked...Rob
Old 10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by maritaltension
thanks to reggie finnaly something good to talk about !!!
Yeah no s h i t ...a cat finally dusted a Fountain, that is big news worth bragging about.
Congratulations Gino! you've earned it.

Last edited by Back4More; 10-06-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

gino get the shirts made , looks like xxl is the popular size , we might not have a half hour tv show , but reggie will have to answer back to this sh-t sooner or later , i'm in for an xxl and a small
Old 10-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Today I didn't get any work done. Phone call after phone call, email after email. i did find a few things out.
There is someone starting a rumorthat the whole ordeal was planned ahead of time. We had the race arranged between us. That is completley untrue. I didn't even know the boat was there until I got out of the drivers meeting 30 minutes before we left.
The other thing i found out is Reggie dosen't own Cat Killer. It was sold to a guy in NY that was at the poker run but was not in the boat. He apperently let Reggie use the boat. Ben Robertson and another hired gun were in the boat. So it was there for the one reason we suspected, another Cat Killer Video.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

if you saw american powerboat tv a few months back, reg claimed he beat maxed out in NYC as well, so I can't wait to see what he says about this event...........
Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I'd rather go with Rosie O' donnel over Carmen Electra because Carmen acts like her Shet dosen't stink
That's totally different. And no you wouldn't.

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.