Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and one last thing. I wasn't one of the "Cat Killers" and don't pretend to be. I just happened to be there that day, as I have been on 5 other PRA events.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
Oh, and one last thing. I wasn't one of the "Cat Killers" and don't pretend to be. I just happened to be there that day, as I have been on 5 other PRA events.
SHOCK..
I can appreciate your comments, and do. I seen first glimpse of the Rio long ago.. Always liked it.
I think this whole thread is due to Reggies attitude of marketing.. derogitory remarks about cats in general.. and not race boats attending PR's, their drivers, or the passangers. (I'm sure there are a lot of Poker Runners would love to lend you a few bikkini babes for the next one. if not.. I would love to come a aboard.. I even wear a bikkini.)
I hope to see the Rio on other PR events to "run" and have fun.. and at races to be succesfull.

Last edited by PARADOX; 10-08-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maximus
Hey Guys,

I was just in the AMF/Turbine Marine Offices.

Let's just say I don't think we've heard the last from the Reggie and the Fountain factory on this subject.

Yikes
So, are you saying there's a turbine fountain in our future??
Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
. We are still friendly and love to meet new people at the runs. And we are there to have FUN. Not RACE. .
I'll vouch for that, Rich is a great guy and shared some throttle techniques which helped me alot. Take care.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by shogren
Hey guys, lets wait and see on the video, not speculate. I will be at the factory tonight and most likely see/here what the plan is and let you know if I know.

First of all Wyatt was NOT there. Wyatt's a good guy and I don't want his balls busted when he wasn't even there. Benny and Reggie Jr drove the 45 race boat, Jeff Harris was there to drive an MTI but something happened to boat and he jumped into the 42 Poker Run boat with 1075's with Brian Forehand who is the head mechainc and only raced one race in his life. He was there to support the 45 if they had mechanical issues and he's actaully a great person and great wrench so lets not exploit him.

It's less expensive to fly in a twin prop plane with 6 people than commercial from Washington NC but the picture being painted is all these racers flew in a big jet/jets to race and kick someones butt. It's PR and it obviously got attention whether it worked or not. This was PR for both MTI, Fountain & the other brands that tried to keep up with them. Just the fact that a V-Bottom is now constantly compared to cats is pretty cool (just not the tone of it becasue of the way it has been handled). If handled properly I don't think anyone would have ever expected the v to out run the fastest cats. After all, who's Reggie going to compare/compete against in v-bottoms. It's a fact that Fountain has dominated racing, kilo, and other in the v-bottom category GLOBALLY. After wearing out the competition Reggie decided to run in a category maybe he could not compete in but at the end of the day he has done well for a v against alot of cats, won alot of races and set a number of kilos for offshore boats, express crusiers and fish boats. He has single handedly set more speed records and won more races than any other manufacturer in the world.

The kilo for v's is out there and there is nothing stopping any competetive brand from trying to beat it other than the risk of how Reggie will react if they do not. We know what happened last time someone got embarrased in his backyard.

Gino, it's a piece of history you own and you are entitled to. Consider it an accomplishment. Do with it what you want but it's like politics and if there is a spin it will most likely not be the one you want. On the other hand, maybe there will be nothing done at all and all this excitement will fizzle until the next PR move which we all know Reggie has planned.

I would prefer to see all these high speed challenges take place on a race course where the drivers are protected with proper safety equipment and divers ready to jump in if there is an event that would require it.

I think you are rightfully frustrated but heck at the end of the day you now have rock star status, run with it, get the Sharpies out and be a better sport than your so called competitor. We know Larry already had rock star status and know what he's capable of doing (LOL).

Just think if Dale Earnhardt Jr jumped out of his car with the attitude Fountain has, Rick Hendrick would fire him before he was done with interview and not lose a minutes sleep over it. There is a way to tell the world you beat them in any competetive sport without being arrogant an ass or other but sometimes Fountain misses that chapter with the bullseye they have on there back.

My biggest concern is not who won but that people trying to keep up with these fastest cats and v's to see the outcome is/are going to get hurt in the process. I think one way to stop this is go back to 101 poker runs and get rid of the grand prix starts. Everytime we exploit ourselves online like this we open the door for insurance companies to raise our rates for risk, cancel policies and other. These factors ultimately will affect boat sales which are already soft and affect promoters abilities to even have an event where a group of people with the same interest are supposed to be having a good time.

See you soon,

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & BAJA By Fountain

Well said, Scot!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Downtown,
REALLY miss you Chicago guys a lot. Cathy was hospitalized a week before your event and we could not come. She's ok now and we WILL be there next year. Promise.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Hey Guys,

Let's just say I don't think we've heard the last from the Reggie and the Fountain factory on this subject.

Yikes
OMG! somehow he saw my reply in another thread about building a 47 with triple T55's.. how fast can a V go before it warps the time space continuim??
Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Registered

PARADOX is an idiot. enough said.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
SHOCK..
I can appreciate your comments, and do. I seen first glimpse of the Rio long ago.. Always liked it.
I think this whole thread is due to Reggies attitude of marketing.. derogitory remarks about cats in general.. and not race boats attending PR's, their drivers, or the passangers. (I'm sure there are a lot of Poker Runners would love to lend you a few bikkini babes for the next one. :evilb.. if not.. I would love to come a aboard.. I even wear a bikkini.)
I hope to see the Rio on other PR events to "run" and have fun.. and at races to be succesfull.
Thanks, Paradox!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Guys,

Yikes
DON'T YOU WORK???
Give me a call 954-471-0195.
G

I have my boat outside my office on the traier today, i'm going to bring it down to Miami. Someone said they just saw Cat Killer on a trailer a around the corner from my office. You don't think they are going to fly by me on I95 and video it do you?? They may have a shot at getting by me.
Give me a heads up!!

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 10-08-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.