Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Shogren(Scott):

That is one of probably only 100 or so honest, informative and non-combative posts in the history of OSO. Very well said.

If that post had been made on page 1, I venture to guess that fully 1/2 of these negative posts would not exist.

People respect Fountains accomplishments more that they admit, I do and I still bash the product occasionally.(Re: My thread about your 700's boat being slow at 2007 LOTO)

Reggie presented me a few trophies when I raced and was always a very nice guy. Even asked me how I managed to get a BuyaFountain.com sticker on an AMT CAT for the worlds.

If people like you spoke for Fountain, instead of these marketing gimmicks(attacks), I think they would have a much better outside opinion.

Just my .02

Greg
You begged me for that sticker LOL
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up You have some valid points. I'll take the bet, please post financials.

T2X

You have some valid points which I have enjoyed reading in this thread and others. I have one question as it seems you are very educated in this industry. Have any of these people owned and built the same brand boat consecutivley for more than 27 years? Just curious.

You also have some valid comments and I enjoy your angle, input and opinion.

Per your offer, i'll take the bet, please post Skaters financials.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com

Originally Posted by T2x
I'll bet you $1000 that Skater's financials are much better than Fountain's.....Peter has no ego, a better product, and is a much better businessman than Reggie IMHO. Bottom line : Even in this economy, Skater is quite profitable...Fountain is not. I can't speak to OL, Cigarette, Velocity and others, but i'll wager that all of them are capable of shrinking cost and output with much more agility than the huge footprint down on the Pamlico.

Peter Hledin, Bill Coombs, Darris Allison, Formula Powerboats, Eliminator, the Fiore's, Richie Sutphen, Steve Stepp, Fabio Buzzi, Steve Curtis, etc, etc ......

Frankly this " Only performance builder with no bankruptcy in 27 years" malarky is getting tiresome.

Scott:

You've been in the business only 5 years and you admit it......I suggest that you limit your statements to that period and those people with whom you have first hand knowledge and not simply quote from the FPB spinbook.

I respect your enthusiasm and success and certainly wish you the best, but 5 years is admittedly a very short span in a much longer story.

T2x

Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 10-08-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Class Act

I'll vouch for Rich and there crew as well, they're all a class act and not out to prove anything more than they want to have fun.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I'll vouch for that, Rich is a great guy and shared some throttle techniques which helped me alot. Take care.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rich,
You and talked about PR's 3-5 yrs ago as you were working to get divorced from offshore racing...you weren't too sure...glad to see your new marriage is working out
Sprague
Old 10-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shogren
T2X

You have some valid points which I have enjoyed reading in this thread and others. I have one question as it seems you are very educated in this industry. Have any of these people owned and built the same brand boat consecutivley for more than 27 years? Just curious.

You also have some valid comments and I enjoy your angle, input and opinion.

Per your offer, i'll take the bet, please post Skaters financials.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com

I know Darris Allison has been around for a long time. Reggie himself used to race an Allison as there is a pic of him driving one in Allisons office. They hae a pretty long list of accomplishments also. Sorry, I'm kinda partial to Allisons & looking to buy another drag boat.

http://www.allisonboats.com/history.php
Old 10-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Scott,
Thanks for the kind words. Very much appreciated.

Sprague,
Hey old buddy, yeah I finally tried one, liked it and never looked back. I had great success and a lot of fun racing, but find poker running very relaxing, stress free and still get a chance to meet a lot of nice people. Same comraderie we had in racing and I think that's great.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDq6WptLf-E

sounds to me like they had every intention of putting "A" fountain out there to show everyone else up..
Old 10-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 2,971 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDq6WptLf-E

sounds to me like they had every intention of putting "A" fountain out there to show everyone else up..
Too bad it failed...Maybe next time...Maybe not if Reggie keeps throwing down challenges he cant back up!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Registered

Default killer cats!!!!

here's a little video for reggie!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeegA...eature=related
Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I am not a big poster here but this one has me fired up!!!

We have been in the "Who is the Fastest" for a long time. When the Cat Killer video came out I knew it was all bull, it was a race boat with some huge power dropped in for just one reason, Reggie's PR machine.

On an equal playing field,

Cat's will always be faster than V's PERIOD

Anyone thinks differently, doesn't understand, and is wrong!!!

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.