Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Cat Killer Video

I think the first cat killer video came out in the early 90’s I ordered a VCR tape from Fountain around 1991 that showed all the current models and also had a section on Fountain racing. In the video Reggie is racing a triple engine 47 against I think Don Johnson in a four engine cat.. In the video it shows the Fountain pulling ahead of the big cat several times. Does anyone else remember this video?
Brad
Old 10-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I know he sees what is posted, I was once informed of his thoughts on a post (photoshoped picture of him with a shaved head and goatee) I made a couple years ago. Appearantly he found it funny and from what I could tell enjoys stirring the pot.....
Old 10-09-2008, 10:29 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Reggie and company, have been around a very long time, and have navigated through troubled waters before. .
Nobody...in any business.... has been through these kinds of "troubled waters" before. I have been actively involved in both boats and truck transportation since the 60's and have never seen anything half as bad as this..... a perfect storm of tight credit, shrinking demand, and ridiculous political *ss covering.

I hope that the manipulative forces driving us downward...pre-election of course...ar able to reverse the trajectory that they have created.

T2x
Old 10-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are there any plans to put a good looking paint job on Cat Killer? I realize the sponsors want their name on it too, but that would make a painter salivate coming up with a "Cat Killer" themed paintjob.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shogren
T2X

You have some valid points which I have enjoyed reading in this thread and others. I have one question as it seems you are very educated in this industry. Have any of these people owned and built the same brand boat consecutivley for more than 27 years? Just curious.
Allison boats started in the late 50's. Sutphen boats is now third generation in the family and Richie started actively selling and marketing in 1967 or 68. Bill Coombs had been building Checkmates since 1964. Peter Hledin started Skaterin 1979, I believe. Glastron was a late 60's entrant in the field. Formula has been around since 1963, the Thunderbird arm of that company dates back to 1960 or so. I believe that company changed hands twice in close to 50 years. As far as brands are concerned Magnum, Donzi, and Cigarette all date back to the 60's but not with single ownership. Pantera on the other hand has been around for well over 30 years with single ownership as has John Coan's Superboat brand and company and Steve Stepp's Velocity. Finally, the Curtis family has been building Cougars in England since the late 60's in one form or another........

There are certainly more .............. but I believe my point is made.

Originally Posted by shogren

Per your offer, i'll take the bet, please post Skaters financials.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Peter's financials are kept in a bag under his mattress........ If I get a chance and take some cat burglar courses I'll try and get them for ya.....on the other hand I might just take the money and run.

T2x
Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by phragle
I know he sees what is posted, I was once informed of his thoughts on a post (photoshoped picture of him with a shaved head and goatee) I made a couple years ago. ....
What did you title the picture........ "T2x mini me"?...
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

T2
you'r right on.. This is the worse times in the US for over 4-5 decades. To many just don't realize it or they have their head in the sand. I hope I'm wrong but I see 5 years or heII.

On a nother note... financial statements of any boat builder has nothing to do with their product. Fountain, Skatter, MTI, OL. Cigs. NT. AT. DOnzi. Fromula. etc. all build great boats.
Different marketing,, different end users.. and their profit margin don't reflect boo about the boats.
The issue is "merketing integritiy".. not "financial stability"
Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

T2X here you go..
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
Nobody...in any business.... has been through these kinds of "troubled waters" before. I have been actively involved in both boats and truck transportation since the 60's and have never seen anything half as bad as this..... a perfect storm of tight credit, shrinking demand, and ridiculous political *ss covering.

I hope that the manipulative forces driving us downward...pre-election of course...ar able to reverse the trajectory that they have created.
T2x
Boy, you said it!

I just wonder, if this had occurred any other time, (not weeks before the most important presidential election in our life), how things might be different. All of this jockeying for position in congress, and in front of the media, is it really necessary!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Wheew... I've been looking over my shoulder for 2 days
lmao

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.