Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Like Tree0Likes

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Reply

Old 10-11-2008, 01:59 PM
  #351
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boat: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,915
Default

Originally Posted by fordsofflease View Post
Does Anyone Think That It Is Wrong To Bring A Race Boat To A Poker Run To Race????? I Think Poker Run America Should Really Think About Their Future If This Type Behavior Continues I Don't Think Any Of Us Are Insured To Race Except Reggie That Is!!!
Poker runs should be open to all style and size boats. From an 18' open bow baylliner to a 50' turbined power cat. Who cares what you're in? Just follow the poker run rules and regulations and there should be no problems.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:01 PM
  #352
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,285
Default

Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
Poker runs should be open to all style and size boats. From an 18' open bow baylliner to a 50' turbined power cat. Who cares what you're in? Just follow the poker run rules and regulations and there should be no problems.


That sounds real good but in reality, watch most Poker Run DVD's and you really don't see any small boats and they usually have a minimum speed to enter of 50-60 MPH. I would like to see an 18 ft. Bayliner in a Poker Runs America Event. I can see it now Gino and his Mercedes boat (VEE Killer) running with an 18 Ft. or 21 footer and don't forget the Cat Killer/Cash Killer and Bob the Builder. Next year when we hold our little Charity Poker Run or Fun Run, with mostly all the smaller boats, maybe some of the shooters will bring their boats down to Windsor, ON. and run with us. It just doesn't happen. I've seen the LEOPA have some smaller boats run with them and they have really tried by lowering the entry fee and are trying to give everone a chance and not only the bigger boats. Great job guys. 24 footer.
AB From Windsor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:22 AM
  #353
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boat: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor View Post
That sounds real good but in reality, watch most Poker Run DVD's and you really don't see any small boats and they usually have a minimum speed to enter of 50-60 MPH. I would like to see an 18 ft. Bayliner in a Poker Runs America Event. I can see it now Gino and his Mercedes boat (VEE Killer) running with an 18 Ft. or 21 footer and don't forget the Cat Killer/Cash Killer and Bob the Builder. Next year when we hold our little Charity Poker Run or Fun Run, with mostly all the smaller boats, maybe some of the shooters will bring their boats down to Windsor, ON. and run with us. It just doesn't happen. I've seen the LEOPA have some smaller boats run with them and they have really tried by lowering the entry fee and are trying to give everone a chance and not only the bigger boats. Great job guys. 24 footer.

I guarantee you if it was an FPC poker run, they'd be on the video somewhere. Stu really tries to get everyone that does the run SOMEWHERE on the dvd. Actually, the more runs you do, the less time you may get!! No prob though. I'd rather someone who may be doing a big run for their first, or only time, to get the coverage. I'll be back.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:19 AM
  #354
Registered
 
Ratickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Michigan
My Boat: 43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza
Posts: 833
Default

Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
I thought the ice age was the worst thing in your lifetime??
Close, but it wasn't the iceage.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-ark.gif  
Ratickle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM
  #355
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Aventura, FL
My Boat: 31 Jupiter w/ 300 VRods
Posts: 1,176
Default

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi View Post
I remember that video too. To be fair and honest the Don Johnson boat had an engine down and was dragging a dead prop in the water at the time Reggie was saying: "Bye bye movie star". Most people watching the video will never know that. That's opportunistic marketing at its best.
Ed you are correct he never mentioned Don's boat losing an engine. You nailed it opportunistic marketing
Brad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 AM
  #356
Registered
 
Ratickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Michigan
My Boat: 43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza
Posts: 833
Default

Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Ed you are correct he never mentioned Don's boat losing an engine. You nailed it opportunistic marketing
It's Reggietunistic!
Ratickle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:17 AM
  #357
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boat: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default

Who cares what boat what race team.If things don't change the poker run circuit will look like offshore racing.
We have enough controversy in everyday life,after this presidential race our nation will be divided worst than any time in history.
I thought poker runs were for getting away from everyday life bringing boaters together that wouldn't have met otherwise.
I raced Al Copland with a 30' Shadow Cat, he was in a 40'Skater with turbines.It was my day and even if I would have lost to me it was a win win.Every run and every race somebody will have the edge and take the checkered flag.
I pray that at all events we stay save and we all have a great day with no broken parts.We all have big egos not just Reggie thats what makes America Great.
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:59 PM
  #358
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boat: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,915
Default

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor View Post
That sounds real good but in reality, watch most Poker Run DVD's and you really don't see any small boats and they usually have a minimum speed to enter of 50-60 MPH. I would like to see an 18 ft. Bayliner in a Poker Runs America Event. I can see it now Gino and his Mercedes boat (VEE Killer) running with an 18 Ft. or 21 footer and don't forget the Cat Killer/Cash Killer and Bob the Builder. Next year when we hold our little Charity Poker Run or Fun Run, with mostly all the smaller boats, maybe some of the shooters will bring their boats down to Windsor, ON. and run with us. It just doesn't happen. I've seen the LEOPA have some smaller boats run with them and they have really tried by lowering the entry fee and are trying to give everone a chance and not only the bigger boats. Great job guys. 24 footer.
The Desert Storm Poker Run (the largest poker run event in the country) allows all types, classes and sizes to participate. The starts are staggared by speed capability. Never a problem.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:04 PM
  #359
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
GATORONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 953
Default

Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
The Desert Storm Poker Run (the largest poker run event in the country) allows all types, classes and sizes to participate. The starts are staggared by speed capability. Never a problem.
Yet
GATORONE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:22 PM
  #360
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boat: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,915
Default

Originally Posted by GATORONE View Post
Yet
That's easily said about any poker run. Doesn't matter how many safety rules and regs you have, how many drivers meetings, etc. There's always the possibilty of an accident...No matter how hard you try to avoid it. But if everyone followed the safety guidlines I'd bet the # of accidents accross the country would drop dramatically.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser