Like Tree0Likes

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Reply
Old 10-05-2008, 08:43 AM
  #51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: St. louis, East Sider
My Boats: just a baja and a 12' Jon Boat with Twins
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman22 View Post
Cat Killer does not have a BEAK?

I believe that boat is a 47 "de-beaked".
320es is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:45 AM
  #52
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Illinois
My Boats: 35 Outlaw
Posts: 54
Default

Hard to believe they would do this with the following hanging over their head-

Fountain independent accounting firm, Gregory & Associates, included a letter in the boatbuilder’s Sept. 29 annual report that raised doubts about Fountain’s ability to stay in business.

“The company has current liabilities in excess of current assets, recent losses from operations, negative cash flows from operating activities, and has significant debt compared to the underlying equity,” the accounting firm said in the Sept. 16 letter accompanying Fountain’s annual report.

“These factors raise substantial doubt about the company’s ability to continue as a going concern,” the accounting firm said.
jimmy mcfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 AM
  #53
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toledo Oh
My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC
Posts: 8,667
Default

Dont believe what you heare about Reggie being in trouble. one or two trips to the pawn shop with a couple gold chains and they have tremendous cash reserves!!
phragle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:12 AM
  #54
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
My Boats: MYSTIC Catamarans, Center Consoles & Great Selection Of Used Boats
Posts: 1,035
Thumbs up Good job guys, hope to see you at the "Worlds"

Sounds like you guys had a blast, the motors in the three boats were a bit different that you suspect.

The "Cash Killer" has Sterling 1550's.

The "Rio Roses" boat has 750HP Super Cat Motors.

The 42 Poker Run (open canopy) boat running behind you had Mercury 1075's.

LUBE JOB QUOTE - "Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc".

As fast as you were going I feel Helmets, Oxygen and jackets should be worn. "If" something happened at least they would be having breakfast talking about it. Wish more events would require safety equipment over certain speeds, we have had to many casualties because we have not taken time to prevent them.

Hope to see you at the "Worlds" in November

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain



Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 View Post
Both Fountains looked very similiar. Both closed cockpit boats with bog power (not 1075's). It was not rough but it was very far from smooth as glass. It was probably 2 to 3 for most of the run. The only steering problem the fountain had was when he steered back into the other direction after we ran away from him the third time. Fountian was actually the joke of the noght at the party. An announcement was made to Reggie (which couldn't be there), he was thanked for coming to the run with his boats even though he honly ran them for 8 minutes! I think the Poker runs America home page will have something on it tomorrow.
TeamShogren.com is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:15 AM
  #55
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

Gino might have just put Fountain out of biz, you know they wanted some new video of them outruning everybody for the up comming boat shows so they can run it on a loop all dam day, I'm sure it didn't cost too much to send all those people and a chopper there for nothing. Great job Gino somebody needed to rub their nose in it.
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:35 AM
  #56
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogren View Post
Sounds like you guys had a blast, the motors in the three boats were a bit different that you suspect.

The "Cash Killer" has Sterling 1550's.

The "Rio Roses" boat has 750HP Super Cat Motors.

The 42 Poker Run (open canopy) boat running behind you had Mercury 1075's.

LUBE JOB QUOTE - "Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc".

As fast as you were going I feel Helmets, Oxygen and jackets should be worn. "If" something happened at least they would be having breakfast talking about it. Wish more events would require safety equipment over certain speeds, we have had to many casualties because we have not taken time to prevent them.

Hope to see you at the "Worlds" in November

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain
Interesting, looks like Kitty Fluffer's name has been changed to Cash Killer. Just who will Cash killer be running against in the Worlds??
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:46 AM
  #57
Registered
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Slightly North of Cuba
My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile
Posts: 2,914
Default

Explains why their stock dropped to .55 Friday...
Scott B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
  #58
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogren View Post

As fast as you were going I feel Helmets, Oxygen and jackets should be worn. "If" something happened at least they would be having breakfast talking about it. Wish more events would require safety equipment over certain speeds, we have had to many casualties because we have not taken time to prevent them.

Hope to see you at the "Worlds" in November

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain

This is true and there should be speed limits at poker runs and if ya wanna race, time to go join a racing orginization

Gino has raced and poker i would like to see gino get into the hunt and campain on the race circut

Only problem is now is the time the racing orginizations get there act together so the fast poker runners will want to come and compete Racing has an oppertunity right now to capitalize on this stop the fractions and fighting and encourage the fast poker runners to come race
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
  #59
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
My Boats: MYSTIC Catamarans, Center Consoles & Great Selection Of Used Boats
Posts: 1,035
Thumbs up Haulin A--, Having Fun & Being Safe

It would be great if racing was like it use to be, one or two great organizations to put on great shows for consumers and spectators. I guess if you want to be like NASCAR, you have to act like NASCAR. Good racing would be great for our industry and potential boat sales. Yes, there are alot of race boats that can't run with poker run boats but regardless accidents don't always happen because people are racing. There have also been alot more deaths in poker runs and pleasure boating than races and it's usually becasue the poker run or pleaseure boat was not equipped with safety gear equivlant to the power and speed of the boat they are in. Even in MIATA Club Spec racing we are now required to wear HANS devices, 6 point harness and NASCAR Cage, all for a car that barely runs over 100MPH. If you're going fast, you're going fast and things can happen as good as all these poker runners and racers are. This however should not impair the safety concerns we need to have for these events. I have no objection to wearing the proper gear and other if it meant saving my life and seeing my kids when I get home. What I would really like to see is more grass root type runs. I feel consumers are intimdated to bring there 25' plus 70MPH boats to these events. They're supposed to be fun get togethers with people that have a common interest. As a dealer I feel this is what ultimately sells boats. There are alot of people on this board that like to comment on subjects and pull for a certain manufactures which is the life blood of this industry and business. The only difference I see between the poker run boats and race boats is a piece of glass tops on top of them, oxygen, high speed/impact jackets and intercoms. In fact, alot of poker run boats exceed race boats in cost, HP and speed.

Lets not get off track. GINO, if you outran the "Cash Killer" you outran the "Cash Killer", hats off to you.

I personally have never been embarrased to be out run by a cat, v-bottoms (that's another story).

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme View Post
This is true and there should be speed limits at poker runs and if ya wanna race, time to go join a racing orginization

Gino has raced and poker i would like to see gino get into the hunt and campain on the race circut

Only problem is now is the time the racing orginizations get there act together so the fast poker runners will want to come and compete Racing has an oppertunity right now to capitalize on this stop the fractions and fighting and encourage the fast poker runners to come race
TeamShogren.com is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:16 AM
  #60
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Anywhere from the Laguna Madre to JAX and beyond
My Boats: glasstream
Posts: 1,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy mcfly View Post
Hard to believe they would do this with the following hanging over their head-

Fountain independent accounting firm, Gregory & Associates, included a letter in the boatbuilder’s Sept. 29 annual report that raised doubts about Fountain’s ability to stay in business.

“The company has current liabilities in excess of current assets, recent losses from operations, negative cash flows from operating activities, and has significant debt compared to the underlying equity,” the accounting firm said in the Sept. 16 letter accompanying Fountain’s annual report.

“These factors raise substantial doubt about the company’s ability to continue as a going concern,” the accounting firm said.
HELL!! There was probably something in all that f*cking PORK in the bailout bill the other day to cover Reggie. They were covering Nascar tracks to Virgin Island rum in the bill. BASTARDS!!

Congrats Gino!!!

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 10-05-2008 at 11:18 AM.
chuckbeecher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
fountain1998
General Boating Discussion
61
08-22-2006 10:03 AM
Formula Outlaw
General Boating Discussion
34
10-12-2004 11:54 AM
Formula Outlaw
General Boating Discussion
26
04-04-2004 05:55 PM
Formula Outlaw
General Boating Discussion
0
02-19-2004 09:26 PM
Shane
General Boating Discussion
5
08-29-2002 08:01 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.