Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-04-2008, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Both Fountains looked very similiar. Both closed cockpit boats with bog power (not 1075's). It was not rough but it was very far from smooth as glass. It was probably 2 to 3 for most of the run. The only steering problem the fountain had was when he steered back into the other direction after we ran away from him the third time. Fountian was actually the joke of the noght at the party. An announcement was made to Reggie (which couldn't be there), he was thanked for coming to the run with his boats even though he honly ran them for 8 minutes! I think the Poker runs America home page will have something on it tomorrow.
Gino, thanks for clearing things up. send pics or video.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 PM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 815 Likes on 602 Posts

all photos from today are posted at www.freezeframevideo.net
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I will start by saying Poker runs America did a wonderful job at this poker run. They stressed the fact that this is a Poker run and not a race. We had no intentions of racing today. However we were a little provoked and we did Race the 2 cat killer boats but this was done far away from the poker run group. We were no way near any other boats to endanger anyone.

To tell you the truth when Reggies boys showed up this morning 10 minutes before the run and docked right next to me I did get a little nervous as Hering screwed up and my props which were Fedexed yesterday did not make it in time. I only have a set of stock Merc 39 props which are way too small. We were in no way set up to race anyone let alone Reggies professional race teams.
I was thinking about how I called Reggie out a few months ago and today is not the day to mess with these guys. Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc. I heard they had had enough fuel in each boat for 17 miles. We didn't beat them, we destroyed them! We slowed up twce to let them catch us and each time smoked them. We beat them both so bad, they turned around and ran home, tails between their legs, like beaten Mutts!

I wouldn't come here and brag about beating anyone as everyone has to have a bad day sometimes BUT after all the crap with cat killer and Pu$$y cats, I am thrilled to death that a pleasure boat, filled to the air vents with fuel (1840 lbs) , 4 BIG guys in the boat, cooler with ice, tools etc.
I now have one question, Is Reggie man enough to admit when he's been beat?

Reggie,
Can you please post the video your helicoptor took? I would love to show it to my grand kids some day.

Congrat's on your resounding Victory over the Fountain "Cat Killers". Your post sounds just like, something that many here have been talking about, that being, how Reggie has been talking about his Cat Killer. I do not own a Fountain or a Cat and think they are both great boats. In reality though a Cat is faster then a Vee, even with mega power. One just has to take a look at what are the premier Classes in Offshore Racing and the Fastest boats at Lotto and they are Cats. Reggie is not only a Racing Legend and Boat Building Legend. He also holds many boat racing World Championships and he knows how to promote Offshore Powerboat racing and his Fountains. He has been one of the driving forces in Offshore Powerboat Racing for years and he will always be remembered in History as one of the Legends of Offshore Powerboat Racing. You are a nice guy but he is and will always be a Legend. Congrat's again on your Victory over the Fountain "Cat Killers" and it will be interesting to see what the Legend has to say as usual. He knows how to make things interesting.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No fuel?

Was it because fuel is so expensive? It couldn't be for the weight factor. After all it is "the cat killer", and should be able to do so with fuel in boat. It is offshore racing not drag boats.

CONGRATS!!! to Gino and the Mercedes crew
Old 10-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Congrats to Gino and the rest of the crew.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:15 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Pete B got took some beautiful pictures (as always). Here are the 2 Fountains. Hopefully Pete has some running shots. Unfortunately the only helicopter with us when the Fountains got what they had coming was Fountains. I doubt we will see any pics or photos from them.

Pete, If you have any running shots of us please let me know, I'd like to buy them. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-fountain-1.jpg   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-fountain-2.jpg  
Old 10-05-2008, 03:36 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

Sorry gino but I will have to wait for reggies edited video to tell the TRUE story.. I am sure that those were not the real cat killers but rather 525 boats that still gave you a run. That or you were driving dangerous so they were afraid to pass you in case something happened. Either way we all know that there is no way ANY cat could ever take out a fountain, not you or any of the other "pu$$y's".. it is just not realistic

way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Pete B got took some beautiful pictures (as always). Here are the 2 Fountains. Hopefully Pete has some running shots. Unfortunately the only helicopter with us when the Fountains got what they had coming was Fountains. I doubt we will see any pics or photos from them.

Pete, If you have any running shots of us please let me know, I'd like to buy them. Thank you
Why do these look like race boats????!!!

Wasn't this a poker run???!!!

Look's like Gino had a great day!!!

Larry is the kind of guy that will run by "the cat killer"...
and if he sees someone broken down, be the first to help out, and even jump in and turn a wrench or 2!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cat Killer does not have a BEAK?
Old 10-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one the right , Is the old Rio Roses , It only has 750`s in her.

Mike

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.