Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PARADOX your funny. first i dont really care that you and reggie had a bad buisness deal. i am smart enough to know there are to sides to all deals. I am sure if asked reggie would say different. I have been screwed in deals before too. guess what? It was my own fault and learned how to handle things different and to cover myself more. Move on. And you really can say with a straight face other manufactures dont bash each other...holy crap are you out of touch!!!! just as i sit here and watch tv Toyota and ford are running adds bashing eachother.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is Tuna?
Old 10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered

Paradox, Great points, and sorry to hear anyone skrewed in buisness as we have all been there. Integrity is as, if not more important than product and also what sets competitors apart ( Karma is real ). To add to your points I believe his son also races a cat, as a matter of fact I think its an MTI !
Old 10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I dont think anyone is dissing his accomplishments, what is going on here is that he very publicallly mad a claim, thumped his chest and said bring it. thats a bold statement by anyone reguardless of their past accomplishments. he sent his henchmen, they were beatin, doesnt dimminish his past accomplishments, just means on that particular day, he wasn't up to the task. the only reason it's even being talked up is because of his chest thumping.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Whole thread is STUPID!! When anyone of the idiots posting comments about Reggie Fountain on the site can produce a resume as impressive as his, then I will take your comments seriously. Why don't you blow hards whip out 10's of millions of dollars to sponsor races, promote the sport, or advance technology in th sports. Sorry to burst your I beat a Fountain ego. Just goes to show how awsome Fountain's really are. Anyone thats gives to sh*ts about one stupid POKER RUN should remember the HUNDREDS of victory's the Fountain has under there belt. Lets look at the list of names above now for example.....
Mike Fiore....who gives a sh*t.
Bill Taylor....I believethat Reggie has sponsored many events for them. Also has spend many advertising dollars with them.
Bob Teage...great guy. How many drives, motors and parts has he sold to fountain owners? Im sure he would admit that if it wasnt for Reggie this sport would never have reached todays standards.

The bottom line......SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT REGGIE. DOES HE HAVE AN EGO? DARN RIGHT!!! DOES HE HAVE A REASON TO? WITHOUT DOUBT!!

I have all the respect in the world for Reggie. He was an idol of mine while growing up. He is one of the reasons powerboating is what it is. The vidio he produced 2 years ago was an attack on all cats. He again showed up to a Poker run with a race boat, set up to try to make all of the cats look bad. It didn't happen. That's it! I still respect Reggie and think he is one of the smartest business men in the country. Face it, he is one of the few that actually made money in it over a long period of time. This is not a attack on Reggie by any means! This is simply pay back for the video 2 years ago. Obviusly things could have gone differently yesterday and there would be another cat killer video out there.
Wrong day against the wrong Pu$$y cat!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rush
Congrats Gino! I have a Fountain that I just love, but I get tired of Reggies BS all the time! I don't know why he can't just let his boats owners / fans speak for them selves. Goodluck and I love your boat.
Hey Rush, I agree and we have the same boats.

Anyway, congrat's Gino but PLEASE (with your luck) be careful out there and get the proper safety equipment.

take care, Mike
Old 10-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
PARADOX your funny. first i dont really care that you and reggie had a bad buisness deal. i am smart enough to know there are to sides to all deals. I am sure if asked reggie would say different. I have been screwed in deals before too. guess what? It was my own fault and learned how to handle things different and to cover myself more. Move on. And you really can say with a straight face other manufactures dont bash each other...holy crap are you out of touch!!!! just as i sit here and watch tv Toyota and ford are running adds bashing eachother.
Don't want to get into this BS heavily,, However.. I did move on.. He did screw me..and was not my fault except that I was .. to say the least trusting.. learned... But.. just see him running from me when ever we do happen to be in the same place. Like in Key West last year.. He could get away fast enough, knowing that he screwed me... but it's ok.. life goes on...
I didn't say that there are no companies that won't do any "bashing".. I have yet to see a Ford calling their car or truck a "toy" killer".. Those adds are extrimely regulated and they are not bashing.. Comparing is allowed..
I suggest you look up the deffinition of the words, and fork up the membership fee or shut up.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, where's the video? AIR, it only took one day for ck productions to post it last time...
Old 10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dfealy
Paradox, Great points, and sorry to hear anyone skrewed in buisness as we have all been there. Integrity is as, if not more important than product and also what sets competitors apart ( Karma is real ). To add to your points I believe his son also races a cat, as a matter of fact I think its an MTI !
THanks.. But it's really OK.. \If it was a pure business deal.. I wouldn't be so pissed about it. THat's business and I can deal with that. I wanted to ge back into racing. He and I was going to get Motorola (my guys) his boat and Merc together to sponser and get a boat ready. (Me driving of cours. lol )
Then he just quit the deal.. A year later (or so) he got Motorola (behind my back) to get involved. He could have said.. no go.. found a better driver.. etc.. etc.. be honest and then I would be OK. Taking my contacts behind my back and left me out with out even a word, did plss me off.. but.. Oh well.. Cest la vie.. I still have most of MY hair.

Last edited by PARADOX; 10-05-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

This whole "Cat Killer" thing reminds me of the Kimbo Slice farce.

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.