Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

248 Posts and 12,286 Views already.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

42 MTI "JUSTICE IS COMING" WAS THE 1st BOAT TO THE LUNCH STOP........

Congrats to the real "cat killer" crew!

Nice work Johnny and Jimmy...Justice is Coming...at 140mph PLUS!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big problem I have. Yes the drivers came prepared, Life jackets, Helmets and all the stuff required to run an APRA event. Was there a Helicopter with a dive team running with the Race Boats? Poker Runs America had a BIG meeting in Miami last year laying out the rules for Poker Runs. So far they haven't stuck to the rules: Closed canopy boats can not run a Poker Run unless they have there own Helicopter and support team, must tank a dunk tank test, (2) people only. I guess the love of money is more important then Safety. I have been to several runs and 1000 Islands was my last and APRA rules did not exist. I am part of a Poker Run Club and we are very strict when it comes to what is excepted and not! With Insurance companies breathing down our throats and Performance Boats always being looked at by the General Public as the Black Sheep of boaters. On a race course a closed boat is safety factor but when it comes to a Poker Run these boats have very limited view of boats behind them. I have no problem with Raceboats running a Poker Run as long as they are open or if they are closed "Must Have A Support Team" and not to come to a Poker Run to provoke a Race. Most of us like to run a Poker Run for fun and not kill our boats. I can see the future of Poker Runs fading if more accidents happen and the Rule Book that was designed for Safety Not being applied. Insurance Companies Have Big Eyes and Ears and once they cancel a Poker Run Clubs Insurance it will be over!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good point Shang...

A post from another thread.. >>>>>>>>>>

I don't see anytihng wrong having a race boat.. (active or retired). to a PR.. as long as no one actually racing.. endangering the rest of the participants. Like I said.. it’s not the boat you bring,, or what it is,, but how it’s being used, run and operated.
There aren’t any issues with running hard either. But all this BS is who’s first at the dock.. lunch.. first stop etc.. provides a negative image to the sport.
There is plenty of open water for racing before or after the runs. You want to play.. go play after or before the closely bunched up “RUN”.
I blame the organizing entities due their $ driven profit oriented clubs.. I have no problem with the profit part.. it’s a business.. fine.. but the safety and running method.. bringing in more down to earth members, (slower boats.. run abouts.. more of them… more $ to the clubs) promoting the “as a boating” event and not a speed show.. needs to be better established and the image corrected.
At the Hyatt, Sarasota.. by the pool bar.. one hotel guest asked the bar tender,,, “what’s going on with the boats? boat show ?? the bartender replied.. it’s a race .. stating at 10:00 AM. . I quickly corrected that’s it’s a boating event, Poker Run. Not a race.
Organizers got to upkeep the friendly boating event image and less emphasis on speed and power, and the $.
That’s why I think many weekend boaters shying away from these runs. Not because there is a few race boats attending. I have boating friends that will not go to a run due to the boat they have and speed they can run. They are just not up to it.. intimidated.. while they know that there are good times to be had by all. Two groups starts may be one way.. Some of the runs do that… I have no answers just my silly .02’s
Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by cloke
I can't tell you how many PRA drivers meetings I've sat threw where it was driven into our head that it isn't a race.
When I hear it next I'm going to stand up and tell them to PHK OFF.
If anyone else would have pulled this stupid stunt they would have had their number pulled and sent packing instantly.

Funny how all the safety speeches go down the toilet when its a major sponsor that acts up.

The stupid idiot sells his boats 10 to 1 to poker runners over race teams.
When we can't get Poker Run insurance cuz of his ego it will look good on him.

PRA should be ashamed of themselves for facilitating it.

Theres a time and place for everything and this BS shouldn't happen at a Poker Run to the possible detriment of hundreds of poker runners.

Just my .30

Damn!!

I don't think PRA had any idea they were going to run, and Gino said they did it away from the poker run field. No problem here if that's the case. It sounds like any other weekend "race" like my buddies & I do every Summer? Just sayin.....
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

First, congrats to Gino. All this banter about what a poker run should or shouldn't be is just silly. I am sitting here looking at a poster of the 1995 1000 Islands run, yes 1995 and I remember it well. Guess who was a major sponcer????Fountian Power Boats, Guess what showed up? Ohio Steel anybody remember that one?( Speed records) Guess who was driving? R.F. himself. He even had his own fuel truck waiting at Bonnie Castle. Also there was a guy there, lets see, OH Ya Paul?(you know Mikes dad) in a 40 something trip Lambos Hustler I remember that boat flying by us at well over 100 mph and it was so close I could have spit on it!!!!! Also anyone remember the girls that ran the team Scrabb boat back then?(3 blondes) they were there with the raceboat. That was 13 years ago and it was the beginning of the end of the fun for all poker runs. There were 24 Out Laws and 25 Checkmates and I saw a small Hydrostream running that year and many other small fun boats. The next year you couldn't even enter it if you were under 29ft. Anyway, all this race boat stuff is nothing new and what R.F. is doing is nothing new I saw it happening years ago and every year it just gets worse, if you don't have some big dollar big HP boat just stay away and from what I have seen they don't want you there and will treat you just that way. I am not knocking the big guys boats I love'em all and am just as happy walking the docks and drooling over them and then staying outa the way. My point is that all the is nothing new and will just keep going the same way. I completely understand what Gino is saying about the B.S and being called out by R.F. and his pack of lie's but it is not going to stop and we all just keep playing into it so why should it? Regge sees all the pages of this chit and laughs all the way to the bank (well maybe not the bank anymore) so why stop now? Press on with the banter it really is the only thing on OSO now except maybe the Apache brave thread about funds new boat.

Last edited by cosmic12; 10-07-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got a call from someone and give me the whole run down.
Reggie flew in with Wyatt Fountain, Ben Robertson, Jeff Harris, Reggie jr in Reggies plane. They were there for one reason. New video.
I heard the video is in the editing room. The only problem is it's going to show Cat Killer in front and passing of other cats. Apperently the Mercedes boat is not going to make the final cut. I heard the Mercedes boat is not going to be shown at all, like it wasn't there. I'm sure this will start a lot of talk.
I have one thing to say, If Cat Killer isn't shown passing the Mercedes boat, then where is it??
I'm pretty sure we were there!

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 10-07-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
If Cat Killer isn't shown passing the Mercedes boat, then where is it??
Up front.

For everyone's sake.

The Cat Killer shouldn't have been named such in the first place...

Well, if on the race course, yes. The fact that all this started however many years ago in JAX at the poker run, is what erks me. Do it on a race course with OTHER RACE BOATS.

So, was Reggie and crew afraid of Geico, Bud and AquaMania up in Panama City the same weekend...??

Can't beat other race cats in their element, eh?

(And thats not to say that anybody running a boat the caliber of Ginos' isnt 100% capable (obviously the Merc boat is...) of taking on something like BoatShowDirect [formerly, CatKiller], its' just totally inappropriate for such a thing to be started on a Poker Run, treating it as if its' a race course.)
Old 10-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Apperently the Mercedes boat is not going to make the final cut. I heard the Mercedes boat is not going to be shown at all, like it wasn't there. I'm sure this will start a lot of talk.
I have one thing to say, If Cat Killer isn't shown passing the Mercedes boat, then where is it??
Well...if the perceived financial issues that have loosely been reported here continue at Fountain, I think that $5k offer for the raw footage may look a little more attractive...!! I'll buy their footage of me in 07/Chicago when we outran CK and the Green Miccosukee. Their helo was over us the whole time, but no video ever surfaced.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is my guess. For a promotional Fountain video it will be great for them. It will show the V-hull in front of most of the cats. They just simply forget about the little detail of getting beat by one cat. They were in front of the Bud Light boat which looks just like a race boat. Gold Digger is an Outerlimits cat that looks like a race boat with the canopy. Fountain is probably going to exploit the heck out of that. Even though Bill has told us he had his wife in the Gold Digger boat for a nice ride not a race. The video will make it into a race. Love him or hate him, Reggie sells a lot of fast boats.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 10-07-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.