Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
PARADOX is an idiot. enough said.
Some post are not worth responding to. This is one of them.
But what the hack.. Why not..
I made a comment/post based on an observation. Rio/Shock replied and explained. I can respect that. The reply was in good taste, answered an issue raised, and I understood an can relate to their comments.
Thank You .. Rio…

However.. I am an “idiot”.. ok.. so be it.. Dumping $ in a hole in the water…. I guess I am one. Seems to be a lot of us like that around.
We are paying “idiots” for a membership fee. Not just some young punk spending dady’s $ for a boat and being a wannabe.
Pay your membership fee fountainracing65... and may be. !! possibly!!… your comments might get a bit .. a little iddy bit.. more credible.
Until then.. you are just a nobody.. wannabe..
(off subject and stealing the thread. .. sorry)
Old 10-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
Unfortunately we don't bring bikini babes with us. And if we look a little more serious at the ramp or dock than anyone else, it's because I come with my race crew that has been with the boat for years. We are still friendly and love to meet new people at the runs. And we are there to have FUN. Not RACE. I was 20th at the cut someone said earlier. Doesn't sound like I was racing, does it? I even left close to last.
I just enjoy running that boat and have the people with me that are the best in launching and recovery and making sure everything is ticking along all right. To me that is how I get my kicks at the poker runs. I can run as fast or slow as I want, no stress or dangers of tight competition on a closed course. I've done that for 20+ years. This is my relaxation.
I think bringing my boat adds a little bit of excitement and I get a lot of people stopping by to look inside and ask questions. I really enjoy that. Reggie was glad I was there because it's a famous Fountain. That's about all. Rio Roses is happy because they are a PRA sponsor. I was happy because I was running my boat.
That''s what it really is all about. To me. And it is really about how you are running and handling your boat. I am extremely experienced and have insurance, and run in an extremely safe manner, usually in the back of the pack. The guys who bring the bikini babes, load up with coolers and all their friends,they have having their kind of fun too. And that's great. We have different definitions of how to have fun. That's all.
I'm very proud of Rio and find it very satisfying to go to the poker runs with her. I hope to attend many more in the coming year and re-power her with regular gas motors as the race fuel is killing me.

And I hope you keep bringing it. Didnt get a chance to talk with you but I have been following the boats you have owned since 1990 (montauk Pt Hustler 32).

Gained a bit more knowledge than when I started on this poker and look forward to learning more.It seems like I was too busy having fun and missed all the hype regarding cat killer.Thats all good.... met some of the OSO people and had some good laughs.Look forward to having as many boats as possible on these runs whether its a 25k boat or 1.5 million.We all started somewhere............
Old 10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by shogren
I will also bet dollars to donuts that if our competitors posted there financials Reggie would look great in comparison.
I'll bet you $1000 that Skater's financials are much better than Fountain's.....Peter has no ego, a better product, and is a much better businessman than Reggie IMHO. Bottom line : Even in this economy, Skater is quite profitable...Fountain is not. I can't speak to OL, Cigarette, Velocity and others, but i'll wager that all of them are capable of shrinking cost and output with much more agility than the huge footprint down on the Pamlico.

Who else has succeeded for more than 27 years and owned a high performance boat company without EVER going belly up.
Peter Hledin, Bill Coombs, Darris Allison, Formula Powerboats, Eliminator, the Fiore's, Richie Sutphen, Steve Stepp, Fabio Buzzi, Steve Curtis, etc, etc ......

Frankly this " Only performance builder with no bankruptcy in 27 years" malarky is getting tiresome.
I can't build a boat and I will be the first one to stand up and admit it. What I do LOVE is selling the best and fastest v-bottom in the world and want to do it for many years to come.

Regards,

Scott Shogren
Scott:

You've been in the business only 5 years and you admit it......I suggest that you limit your statements to that period and those people with whom you have first hand knowledge and not simply quote from the FPB spinbook.

I respect your enthusiasm and success and certainly wish you the best, but 5 years is admittedly a very short span in a much longer story.

T2x
Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T2x
I'll bet you $1000 that Skater's financials are much better than Fountain's.....

T2x
Agreed!! I would also say that Nor-Tech is doing fine also with the HUGE government contracts for CC's the have for the next few years....
Old 10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered

Frankly this " Only performance builder with no bankruptcy in 27 years" malarky is getting tiresome.

Scott:

You've been in the business only 5 years and you admit it......I suggest that you limit your statements to that period and those people with whom you have first hand knowledge and not simply quote from the FPB spinbook.

I respect your enthusiasm and success and certainly wish you the best, but 5 years is admittedly a very short span in a much longer story.

T2x[/QUOTE]

Well it took some time but it had to happen.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=T2x;2710050]I'll bet you $1000 that Skater's financials are much better than Fountain's.....Peter has no ego, a better product, and is a much better businessman than Reggie IMHO. Bottom line : Even in this economy, Skater is quite profitable...Fountain is not. I can't speak to OL, Cigarette, Velocity and others, but i'll wager that all of them are capable of shrinking cost and output with much more agility than the huge footprint down on the Pamlico.

I'll bet you $1000 that Skater's financials are much better than Fountain's.....Peter has no ego, a better product, and is a much better businessman than Reggie......I' ll drink to that
Old 10-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
DON'T YOU WORK???
Give me a call 954-471-0195.
G

I have my boat outside my office on the traier today, i'm going to bring it down to Miami. Someone said they just saw Cat Killer on a trailer a around the corner from my office. You don't think they are going to fly by me on I95 and video it do you?? They may have a shot at getting by me.
Give me a heads up!!
cat killer is at the factory
Old 10-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 2 3 Bow down to T2x. He knows his stuff and he's old as dirt!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Saw Cat Killer at Fountain yesterday. It sounded mean, it made a few passes down the river and then back on the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-img_1457-medium-.jpg   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-img_1315-medium-.jpg   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-img_1322-medium-.jpg  

Old 10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Shogren(Scott):

That is one of probably only 100 or so honest, informative and non-combative posts in the history of OSO. Very well said.

If that post had been made on page 1, I venture to guess that fully 1/2 of these negative posts would not exist.

People respect Fountains accomplishments more that they admit, I do and I still bash the product occasionally.(Re: My thread about your 700's boat being slow at 2007 LOTO)

Reggie presented me a few trophies when I raced and was always a very nice guy. Even asked me how I managed to get a BuyaFountain.com sticker on an AMT CAT for the worlds.

If people like you spoke for Fountain, instead of these marketing gimmicks(attacks), I think they would have a much better outside opinion.

Just my .02

Greg

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.