Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need opinions BMW 3 series (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19678-need-opinions-bmw-3-series.html)

Jayl13 03-08-2002 07:53 AM

Need opinions BMW 3 series

Okay so this blackmail saga continues
I got my boat so she wants 10 K diamond ring (bought already)
Concrete all around pool replaced (getting quotes)
Vacation in Turks and cacios for honeymoon (sold pickup to pay for that)
Now she wants a BMW 328XI or 330XI
(does this crap ever end???(getting married May 11th))

Personally I like the MIII BUT she wants the all wheel drive XI model
Any of you guys/Girls have a 3 series?
Are they worth the money? I have not driven a BMW in about 10 years (I have a trans am, no substitute for raw american power)
so these little compact cars with dainty engines are not even appealing to me and I know little about BMW as it is
Anyone have advice or anything???
She wont deviate from the XI model cause she wants all wheel drive -- She does not like the X5 SUV that BMW makes (tried that route already)
She is driving a 2000 explorer now and HATES IT
She wants 4x4 or AWD cause she panics in snow
I think the easy answer is move to Florida and buy her a vette but alas that is not in my future as of yet (hey Daze Ill be down soon though brother!)
Someone please help me out here with this 3 sereis
are they worth 40'g's or what?
Thanks
Jason

JIM H 03-08-2002 08:26 AM

dude i have a 325ci 2001 love the car had a benz before
they are great car's are thay worth the money in my opinion
no car is worth $45,000. as far as "dose this crap ever end"
answer is no.
good luck
jimh

seanclong 03-08-2002 08:44 AM

That's a fine car. Very safe and great handling. The all-wheel drive is a great option. Get the 330 and you may be a bit surprised at the get-up-and-go the thing has. As far as the rest of it goes; you're getting off fairly light. I won't even go into my list...:eek:

Good luck and congratulations!!!

BAJA WILL 03-08-2002 08:55 AM

I have a 1997 328Ic have had multiple problems with it. If you are going to buy a BMW, buy it new or make sure it has the warrenty. Very expensive car to have worked on$$$$$$ What ever it will cost on a normal US car X 4 and that is the BMW repair. On positive the car does ride great, and they are quick.

Not to intrude on your personal life, but if she is already wanting all this before your married, what will she want after may???? Sounds like a expensive relationship. ;)

WILL

Brad 03-08-2002 08:59 AM

I would get her the M3!
That car should smoke your Trans Am!

Does this ever end? No,

When I got my Cig. My wife got a 4 kt ring.

I got a trcuk to pull it, she got a convertable MB CLK.

Enjoy life but don't over extend yoursellf!

CigDaze 03-08-2002 09:02 AM

NO! it never ends!:p :p

...And you're not even married yet :eek: :eek:

I'm lookin' forward to your visit, bro! :cool: :cool:

Jayl13 03-08-2002 09:02 AM

Well we are engaged and that basically means your married in a non legal sense
We bought a house last June and then I got the boat in October.
You must realize that this blackmail has gone way too far cause the boat was only 17 grand
LOL
but hey, she is a hottie, she makes me happy and she is fun
Put it this way, we go to the drag strip so I can race, she stands at the burnout box and loves the smell of burning rubber and loves the open exhaust from the cars
She loves the boat the louder it is
She loves speed
Hell went to AC boat show this past fall and she picked out a Sonic 358 and wanted it -- I bought a 11 year old baja
but most importantly she loves ME!!!!!

She wants a brand new one so we are probably going to lease one for 3 years I would think. She has this thing about not having a warranty on a car ???
Thanks for the input guys, and as far as what the future holds as being an expensive relationship,
Hell aren't they all?????????
Jason
:D :D

Jayl13 03-08-2002 09:04 AM

Brad,
She likes the M3 but it is not all wheel drive so she wont consider it.
as far as smoking my trans am:rolleyes:
Ha yeah that will be the day
M3 with 125 dry shot of Nitrous wont even come close

TA does 11's my friend (not exactly a daily driver anymore)
Jason

gjockey 03-08-2002 09:31 AM

How about an Audi S4? although even with all wheel drive, it's a handful in the snow with performace tires. Ever look into normal A4 or A6. A6 4.2 is one sick car. --- John

P.S. don't forget about their avant (station wagon) versions

Chris288 03-08-2002 09:48 AM

They dont make a 328 XI

They make a 325 XI and a 330 xi, plan to spend over 40 grand for the 330,,, you can have the same options and more in an audi A4 for 30 grand... or an audi S4 with 260hp and all wheel drive..