Notices

130 Plus single engine Cat

Old 10-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT
Jeff(26 Redine),

First of all I think it is very cool of you to take your time and pump up the parties involved with your boat. Secondly, always remember that there are faster boats than yours(there will always be). With that being said I would just like to say that I have driven this particular boat for miles on end over 120 mph and it is unbelievably stable/smooth, seriously. So not only is it fast, it does it well and easy. It may go faster some day,,,,,maybe not,,,,,who knows,,,, but I can feel your enthusiasm Jeff, and I think it's cool that you are sharing it with the boards. I think everyone on these boards sees that your humble and just sharing something cool and not tooting your horn. That is a fine line to walk on the forums. Blah Blah Blah..............Have fun and be careful. By the way, it was 100 degrees here in CA TODAY..............UNREAL FOR OCTOBER.

MAN, I ONLY HAVE 67 POSTS IN 6 YEARS...................

Gary Taylor
Nice job Gary. What kind of hp with the 5.0L?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT
Jeff(26 Redine),

First of all I think it is very cool of you to take your time and pump up the parties involved with your boat. Secondly, always remember that there are faster boats than yours(there will always be). With that being said I would just like to say that I have driven this particular boat for miles on end over 120 mph and it is unbelievably stable/smooth, seriously. So not only is it fast, it does it well and easy. It may go faster some day,,,,,maybe not,,,,,who knows,,,, but I can feel your enthusiasm Jeff, and I think it's cool that you are sharing it with the boards. I think everyone on these boards sees that your humble and just sharing something cool and not tooting your horn. That is a fine line to walk on the forums. Blah Blah Blah..............Have fun and be careful. By the way, it was 100 degrees here in CA TODAY..............UNREAL FOR OCTOBER.

MAN, I ONLY HAVE 67 POSTS IN 6 YEARS...................

Gary Taylor
Gary,
I must say you have been involved in some awesome projects over the last few years and no one has anything but praises for your work. Your small production attention to detail mindset has worked just the way it is supposed to. Congrats on some outstanding accomplishments recently and I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

I actually met you a few years ago, I work for Eric over at Maveric Marine, or I do until the end of this week anyway. I have nothing but respect for Eric and the way he runs his shop and will be back to work for him in the future but I have an opportunity I need to take advantage of right now. I live in Thousand Oaks and will be here through the end of the week, if you have time I would love to buy you a beer and maybe check your shop out.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Registered

WOW! That was fun
Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

big fan of single engine cats! i love that boat, congrats!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 PM
GT
Registered

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
Nice job Gary. What kind of hp with the 5.0L?
You know, I spent all day tuning that RPM on pump gas and I would have to think it is near 1050 or so(never dynoed it). It has a TON left to go on 93 octane or better. It is just a *****cat tuned on 91 octane where it is now. It is a 540 cubic in hyd roller set up with nothing real special going on except efficiency.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 PM
GT
Registered

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
Gary,
I must say you have been involved in some awesome projects over the last few years and no one has anything but praises for your work. Your small production attention to detail mindset has worked just the way it is supposed to. Congrats on some outstanding accomplishments recently and I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

I actually met you a few years ago, I work for Eric over at Maveric Marine, or I do until the end of this week anyway. I have nothing but respect for Eric and the way he runs his shop and will be back to work for him in the future but I have an opportunity I need to take advantage of right now. I live in Thousand Oaks and will be here through the end of the week, if you have time I would love to buy you a beer and maybe check your shop out.
You know what, You would be bored with my shop before your beer was done. There is not a whole bunch to it. SUPER clean and up to date, with a couple 5 liter Whipple motors here and there,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats about it. I just try and give the customers what they ask for...........it seems pretty straight forward. If I cannot do it, I tell them, If I can, I do it,,,,,,,Honesty goes a long way in this industry IMO. Seems like a pretty easy way to do business,,,,,,,,,,
Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Very impressive. Boat looks and sounds great in the vid.

As was said, there are faster ones. I think it was a 26 Eliminator that won its class a few years in a row at the LOTO Shootout at 144mph with a Big PSI blower engine and SSM6.

Going 132 on pump gas is very impressive. I would imagine with a race fuel tune and the right prop it would be right there. Have fun and be safe.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

I love these Redlines. Super clean lines, everything rigged great, and those Max drives are the sh*t.

How about a new X-Power drive on one...

Awesome, awesome boat guys. Congrats!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Very impressive. Boat looks and sounds great in the vid.

As was said, there are faster ones. I think it was a 26 Eliminator that won its class a few years in a row at the LOTO Shootout at 144mph with a Big PSI blower engine and SSM6.

Going 132 on pump gas is very impressive. I would imagine with a race fuel tune and the right prop it would be right there. Have fun and be safe.
I would be willing to bet you put that much hp in this Redline it would be all over that...........if not more....
Old 10-08-2008, 11:11 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

So i guess the question is.....have you spent the equivalent of a #6 drive on various bravo types?

If you could re-du the build would start with a 6 instead? The motor is obviously bad azz.

Quick Reply: 130 Plus single engine Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.