Recommendation for lab finishing prop >

Recommendation for lab finishing prop

Notices

Recommendation for lab finishing prop

Old 03-08-2002, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

goodfella,

what kind of cost at Frank and jimmies to lab 2 bravo 1's?
Old 03-08-2002, 08:54 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

What's Up Thunderdan!
Nice to see Ya!
Mike gets $300.00 per prop for lab finishing and thinning of the blades. He will scan the prop before and after to show you what you are paying for other than MPH
Old 03-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

Thanks Goodfella
Old 03-09-2002, 07:07 AM
Registered

Default York Propeller

seanclong,
I agree with KAAMA, York does first rate work if appearances mean anything, my Bravo I's look better than new. John was a great guy to deal with, very accomodating and helpful. I paid $400 for both my 28" s including shipping from MI. Had 'em repitched to 29" , sure beats the $350 a piece that Merc charges.
If you have a couple old milk crates, they are just the right size for shipping the Bravos - keeps 'em protected , John was impressed with my packaging! Hopefully when I get my ECU's back from Tyler Crockett, I can splash the boat in a couple weeks and try the new wheels- I Can't Wait!!!!
Good Luck,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails Recommendation for lab finishing prop-yorkfinishpropsmall.jpg  
Old 03-09-2002, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Boathead (Paul),

Those props look great don't they? It would be nice if you could have gotten some CLOSE UP shots of the leading edges of the blades in your photos. That's the difference that I noticed when I held my York's up to some Merc labbed props for a side by side comparison. For the rest you guys looking to have your props lab finished, it's the finish and the consistancy of the blades. Merc's were very inconsistant...also, York obviously polishes up the entire prop as well----Merc doesn't! York says/believes that the polishing of the prop does NOT hurt performance. Audacity (Joe), had an extensive phone discussion with John York about why York polishes the props and Merc's theory of why they don't. Audacity races boats and has his own pleasure boat. He was a hardcore believer of how Merc lab (and another company) finished their props and he used them...of course until he tried a pair of York's. As far as I know (unless he has found a better lab finishing shop) he still believes in and uses York! Tommy at WPM 909-371-7567 can tell you how they have tried SEVERAL prop shops with their lab finishing compared to York's workmanship and performance. In their comparisons, York always came out on top. In all fairness, perhaps there are other prop shops out there that do just as good of a job as York that are trying to build their reputations. And Merc sounds like they do a pretty good job. If there is a better lab prop shop out there than York then WPM is not aware of it at this time...especially for $150 per wheel.

Last edited by KAAMA; 03-09-2002 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I should get mine back from bronson hill this week, $200, I'll post the results, Byron was first rate, really a helpfull guy, www.propellersonline.com
Old 03-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Registered

Anyone ever try Black Dog Propellers?? I hear they have once of those fancy Prop Scan computers.
Troutly,
It's not the computer, it's the guy with the welder and the right angle grinder!! LOL And besides, what happens if they are running windows, does it crash your prop, too?????
Another smartass reply,
Paul
Old 03-10-2002, 05:23 PM
Registered

mark,
don't forget that joe likes fords too, it only figures he'd like Mercs labfinishing!! LOL Hope Joe sees this , I need a lively discussion to keep thing interesting...... By the way, I hear he's going to race on the Hogs Breath Team this Year... Congrats, Joe!!!! I hope to see you kick some As* this year.
Paul
Old 03-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DAH Pro Porps

Send em to DAH in Wisconson. Best money I ever spent on prop work.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:04 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Anyone with a phone number to york??

Quick Reply: Recommendation for lab finishing prop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.