Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed..... >

No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Notices

No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Old 10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts
Default No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

What are the real world prices RIGHT NOW, meaning in the past 2-3 weeks after the economy went down the crapper.....what has actually sold in that time and what did it bring??????????? I am only asking because I think people have huge pipe dreams on what their stuff is worth in the market right now. I would love to hear what people have to say about this. I have a boat for sale right now and it sucks but I just think I have a better grip on whats really going on here than most of the people who are buried in their boats and dont want to face reality.......
Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just worried what it is going to cost me when I am done with it to have it hauled to the bone yard because that is how long I will need to keep it. The bottom has yet to be seen.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Some boats are just "for sale" and others listed are boats that people want sold. Not to mention, people owe $$ on some boats and some might not have the funds to take a loss and pay off the loan.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

Griff your totally correct about people owing money, but what happens when it gets to the point that the banks cant even give them away at any reasonable price?????? I know its a touchy subject I just want to see what people have to say about it. I mean nobody knows where the bottom is going to be. I know a guy who is big in the boat salvage business and an insurance company called him with around 400 boats from Ike and wanted his expert opinion on them. He looked at the list and said about 90% of them should be crushed with the economy and market the way it is. Sad but it is reality.

Last edited by 302Sport; 10-09-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Some boats are just "for sale" and others listed are boats that people want sold. Not to mention, people owe $$ on some boats and some might not have the funds to take a loss and pay off the loan.
Bingo

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered

I am looking to buy and some people are out of this world on price, the funny thing is the newer boat I want is getting alot cheaper, and the older one is only 1/3 less than what it sold for 17 years ago.

I can't imagine that they still have a big note on it but who knows. He first put it up for 47k now down to 45k NADA is 16-17k it's been on Ebay 3 time's never got to the res. and the most I saw was 18k. It's clean and low hours but still. I would pay 25k for it because it would cost more to get a newer boat like it. The others I am looking at are the ZRC Donzi they are getting real cheap for what they are.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

My boat is no big dog boat, but to me its worth more to keep then it is to try and replace. It's for sale, probably for too much, but unless I get what I want out of it, I don't need/want to sell it anyway.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered

thats basically what i am seeing too now is that the newer boats are getting so cheap that in order to get rid of an older boat you almost have to give it away which sucks for sellers but is good for buyers if you have the coin. this poses another question, do you blow your boat out and go looking for something else now with cash in hand and try to really steal something?????
Old 10-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered

I was feeling the need for more speed, but my boat will do just fine for now. I would not give it away to go a little faster. I think what you will be seeing is people putting money into their current boats instead of buying new or used. Good for the aftermarket guys.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:08 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Listed mine a few months ago for around wholesale......and I have relatively fresh built motors and a new trailer. Still no phone calls. It's paid for, I like it, so I'll just keep running it. If it did sell, I'm not willing to spend anymore than I get out of it on the next one either.

Quick Reply: No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.