Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SEMA 2008 - Any way to get tickets? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197030-sema-2008-any-way-get-tickets.html)

1stfntn 10-10-2008 12:29 PM

SEMA 2008 - Any way to get tickets?

Two friends and I are going to be in Vegas the Thurs and Fri of the 2008 SEMA show (11/6 and 11/7) and since we are all nuts about anything that burns gasoline I was wondering if there is any way to get tickets to the show. I know it's not "open to the general public," so any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Brad

x7734x 10-10-2008 12:56 PM

You have to be in the "Industry" to get the passes. I'm not sure if my hook up is coming through this year or not. You can usually go check out the boats as a few of them are usually outside the convention center.

mthill 10-10-2008 05:41 PM

It's not that big of a deal to get in. Just go to Vistaprint (or whatever free business card company you want) and make up a card with your name and an automotive sounding company name. Register online, show your new business card and ID at the Kiosk and you're there. It's not like they're trying that hard to keep "outsiders" out.

Note: I am an insider so I didn't need this, but my brother used this tactic without any trouble.

On edit: The word is that they're expecting very low turnout this year and have set up a fund (w/ $1M) to literally pay people to show up. It might be even easier than years past. You could probably talk your way out of the business card check.

Expensive Date 10-10-2008 05:47 PM

I have not gone in a few years always registered online no one ever asked me for ID.But I was over at the tool side automotive might be different

hunster 10-10-2008 09:01 PM

A lot of vendors I deal with aren't even showing this year. It has gotten too out of control recently and this economy wiil give it a correction. I've been going for 10 years , not this year. All the reps know me , I'll get the info anyway. Maybe miss one minor thing or two . No biggie.

offshoredrillin 10-11-2008 07:18 AM

I've been going for the past 7 years and will this year. We have a car in the Avery Dennison booth...for me it's always been a chance to take the people who support my company out for a huge dinner and a way to thank them for their support.

hunster 10-11-2008 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2712780)
I've been going for the past 7 years and will this year. We have a car in the Avery Dennison booth...for me it's always been a chance to take the people who support my company out for a huge dinner and a way to thank them for their support.

Are you doing paint protection film? I need to get involved with that.

rexone 10-11-2008 09:06 AM

In past years it has been 2 forms of business ID + photo ID. I normally used a business card and biz credit card along w/drivers lic. I just register online now as a returning buyer from previous years.

It did not use to be as strict. Who knows this year.

offshoredrillin 10-11-2008 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by hunster (Post 2712788)
Are you doing paint protection film? I need to get involved with that.

yes, I own the premier ppf design company in the world...www.proformdesign.com

offshoredrillin 10-11-2008 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by rexone (Post 2712843)
In past years it has been 2 forms of business ID + photo ID. I normally used a business card and biz credit card along w/drivers lic. I just register online now as a returning buyer from previous years.

It did not use to be as strict. Who knows this year.

i did the same as an alumni, supposedly this year they are cracking down, generally by fri you see the people off the street pushing strollers and there are supposed to be no children either.