Notices

Prayer needed for racers

Old 10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Just wanted everyone to know, that with today being a holiday, and banks being closed, I will be there at 9 am to have everything set up...Bobby now knows of the search for Pat, so please everyone remain supportive for our friends and race partners. As soon as I have the banking details I will post on the appropriate forums.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what to say ................

My prayers and thoughts to all families!

Bobby get well soon! Hang tough Darlin!

Squirrel, I am just so saddened. You were always there for me.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look What These A$$holes Put In The Paper

St Marys TODAY , Thehttp://www.stmarystoday.com/News/HighspeedhitonsandbarleavesonemissinginPatuxent.ht mly have NO FIN-CLUE
Old 10-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=offshore score;2714660]St Marys TODAY , Thehttp://www.stmarystoday.com/News/HighspeedhitonsandbarleavesonemissinginPatuxent.ht mly have NO FIN-CLUE[/QUO

As if it was not bad enough!! WTF.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

That has got to be the most asinine, tasteless and thoughtless article i have ever seen. unbelievable
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy who writes that trash has no clue.Its like a local joke been sued a lot and what goes around comes around.Bobby hang in there and get better.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I just spent 20 minutes writing a letter to the editor:
Wonder if it does ANY good!!!

I've found your site via a link to the article about the missing boater. The title of your article shows the low-level of your own intelligence and compassion while searching for a sensationalized header to grab attention. I've met the boat owner but do not know him. I do know that he is a sponsored race boat driver that, in part, makes his living driving these boats. While I was not there, hitting a sand bar in clear, calm water seems unlikely. Your attempt to bash the readers comments about a boat wave furthers my outrage at your magazine. You see, I have the exact same boat (38 Formula) as the race boat that flipped. My 4 years experience with this boat (17 year boat owner) probably does not compare to a racers experience, but turning and hitting waves from a 35 foot cruiser can CERTAINLY cause what is suggested. Hitting a wave during a turn can cause the rear end of the boat to "come-around" causing the boat to hit the next wave sideways, rolling violently, and throwing anything or anyone not tied down to get thrown out. This phenomenon has been documented many times in the past.

Get a avid boaters opinion, even a sail-boater's that has at least been on ONE powerboat.......and BTW: I see no mention in the coast guard article of what would be obvious signs of a boat "hitting" the sandbar.

Russ Carter
Richmond VA
Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered

That is the MOST TASTELESS article I have ever read. Everyone needs to respond to them concerning this BS. Note the comments at the bottom make it even worse.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

so very sad, my heart goes out to everyone especially his wife and family. I pray the search team will be safe and find him.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My response to this article.......please write the editor even if just a few words because we dont need this for our sport.

[email protected]

To whom it may concern.......

The article that I have found on the internet about the boating accident that invloved two very good friends of mine was total crap. I have read many articles dealing with boats, good or bad, I have to say that what you wrote was the most misleading and poorly written story I have ever seen. I would ask that you get the facts straight before you say things like "Cigarette boats can cost upwards of $200,000 while charts are about $25. Most pricey vessels have computerized GPS navigational aids which the captain can use to guide their way without hitting sandbars." without any clue what you are talking about. I speak oh behalf on the familes when I say that I am insulted by what you wrote and hope that I never have to see that piece of trash you call a newspaper again. These to gentleman that you so poorly spoke about were two of the best boat drivers I have had the chance to know and this is what you call an accident not stupidty. My most favorite part of your website was the DWI section.....I see that all you care about is exploiting people for mistakes that they make not the good people can do. That is not news to me or many other people but again just misleading dribble that you have not a clue about..........good day.........

Quick Reply: Prayer needed for racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.