Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Well It is time for a change-Poker Runs and Racing >

Well It is time for a change-Poker Runs and Racing

Notices

Well It is time for a change-Poker Runs and Racing

Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I am done arguing with The PP FanBoys. The videos speak for themselves. Obviously the owners/drivers/operators/captains/throttle men (what ever they want to be called) don't think they have done anything wrong. HENCE THE CURRENT PROBLEM with our sport and why it won't be long before government, lawmakers and lawyers make the change. You know it isn't that big of a deal to suck up your pride/ego and just admit poor judgment was exercised in piloting a 120MPH rocket ship that close to spectators (I am talking to you GATORONE). We would all have a lot more respect for the you and your crew. But obviously that isn't going to happen. Don't bother sending me any more of your PMs either..

I'd rather boat on a lake congested full of jet skis and bass boats, than be within 200 nautical miles of the PP boat and its crew (and any other "big shot" that operates/drives in the same manner).
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tzrider
Low psi, what I am saying is that the view offered by that video is not a clear picture of the event and certainly appears much different from the onboard. Jason told me tonight that passing through the spectators was not by choice and when having to make a quick decision he felt it was the safest. In his peripheral vision he saw 8 boats off his starboard side and a group of spectators to their starboard side. His decision was to get clear of them, make room and be centered on the lake, IT WAS NOT TO TAKE A SHORTCUT. If you look at the other video you'll see how close two other boats came to the spectators. Did many of the boats get to close for comfort with the spectators .. yes! but that didnt cause the accident . Also in the video that shows the green skater and the burgundy and silver one you can clearly see PP was in the middle of the lake and by themselves. I watched the video from PP twice in its entirety and replayed the moments before and after the wreck multiple times and at no time did PP turn to or drift to the right, you can look at the silver stripe on the right sponson and pick a point in the tree line ahead and see that they maintained a direct and straight heading
Sorry, I know I said I wasn't going to argue anymore, but I just re-read this and had to say one last thing.

Are you kidding me? At NO time should passing through spectators be the safest route! Do you not see the ignorance in that statement? If traveling through spectators is the safest line or route, than you are out of control. Period! Slow the "F" down and stay away from spectators!

Last edited by low_psi; 09-16-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I gotta ask what does the flyby by pp or the other 2 cats have to do with the blow over. You are busting on pp but say nothing about the other vid , looks to me like it was done by many of the boats in the run . While not right I see nothing that caused the blowover in those vids . YOU weren't there and did not see anything but a vid , if you know anything about cameras and lens a zoom type of lens will play with your depth perception making things look a lot closer then they may be.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered

Last edited by tzrider; 09-17-2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Done trying to add balance
Old 09-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Registered

I am not bitting. Done arguing.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered

Last edited by tzrider; 09-17-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: By choice
Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If in fact that video of the fly bye with The green boat passing first is not PP then that does change things for me. I was not impressed when I saw the first video and wrote it off as a simple jack move and isolated incident. Then when I saw the second video that I believed was PP then that was just too much and I went way on the side of PP is a complete douche. I think most people that saw that video thought it was PP right behind Jeff and Brad.

Not trying to defend PP but its only fair to be clear.

The thing I find odd is that nobody that I saw said who the boat was behind the green boat in that really close fly bye. It must be a other case of celebrity cover up. LOL

MP
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Registered

Last edited by low_psi; 09-16-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Not worth it anymore.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Registered

Last edited by tzrider; 09-17-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Doesn't matter
Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tzrider
No low psi the problem won't go away if we all just keep our heads in the sand. Getting our heads out of the sand is exactly what im attempting to do. You have determined that the path which PP took was unsafe because the video you saw ( which was one) appeared as though they were very very close, which I would agree with if that was all I saw, I however viewed the onboard footage and know it to not be the case. The videos I'm referring to will be handed over to the authorities to help with their investigation they will not be posted here. I'm not siding with anyone or here to argue I just think its unfair to point fingers, lay blame and come to a conclusion based on a seconds worth of video. Not acknowledging the other videos or saying " hey maybe there is more to this then what I'm seeing and maybe what TZ ( me) has seen has some validity " Is keeping your head in the sand
Who is Jason. Tell the poodle to post the video. LOL

Quick Reply: Well It is time for a change-Poker Runs and Racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.