Looking for new blowers, any opinions?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funniest post all day
Originally Posted by J Arruda
Lubejob,
Y are you fighting the inevitable.
This is the only blower you need, and you know it.
Give me a call.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Good to hear he defyed the laws of physics, good for him. I've never had a dyno hold any power below 3000rpm, but I can tell you I've been in a few boats that required WOT at 1200rpm to get the boat going without ventilators in the prop areas.

Are you saying you can't produce the numbers then?

I'm willing to cover your airfare out here, Show you the dyno
numbers real time, and give you a ride showing there is NO Lag.

If my statements do not prove out you owe nothing.

If my claims hold true and we prove the low end numbers plus carry them all the way through and give you a ride showing there is no lag at all. Well then you pay for your air fare and let OSO know these claims are indeed true.

So what do ya say to that offer???

By they way pops right on plane effortlessly with out a ventilator tube.

Cheers
Jon
Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
What about something like this? Low profile and Tomcat tested it at Sterling at something like 1800 hp. http://www.rtechperformance.com/biggun.html

6800 peek ,boost at 22pd

I know alot of the street car shoot out guys are useing that style blower,But look at all the big hp makers are still using top mount blowers

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 10-17-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
Ha I knew it too Gino. if 1850 a side isn't enough........ you can super size it with 3150 HP a side. (below)

Come dance on the dark side my friend......

with the biggie fryes too

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
Ha I knew it too Gino. if 1850 a side isn't enough........ you can super size it with 3150 HP a side. (below)

Come dance on the dark side my friend......
I can attest to that
Attached Images   
Old 10-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts
Default he has em

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
YEAH!

Lets see if hes got the Cunyongas
hear his new wife Renea will be flyin choppers soon, he will need to step up to turbines in order to keep up with her LOL

Last edited by I'CE; 10-23-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Gino: I got your email. Paul will be in Key West so you can discuss the details with him.

Some food for thought for this thread:

Heat Load

Boost is just a measure of how restrictive your heads and cam are. An engine that makes 1500 HP @ 15 psi needs 22 psi to make 1800 HP. So the question is "How to deal with the high intake air temperatures at this pressure?" By using an intercooler core that is 900 in3, almost 3X as big as the double core intercooler used under some PSI.

Mechanical Load

With the pulley ratio on the primary belt, the input shaft on the twin blower gearcase is spinning at ~12,000 RPM. With the pulley ratio on the secondary belts, the input shafts on the blowers are spinning at ~15,000 RPM. The Vortech step-up ratio takes this up to ~50,000 RPM at the impeller. These are big numbers, and belts and bearings have to be able to cope. We have found that it helps to split this load up between three short belts, but we still increased the size of the bearings in the gearcase and switched to ceramic balls.

Cylinder Pressure

At 1800 HP you have to ask how much more cylinder pressure can the engine stand? I would really like to see a robust 12 cylinder engine developed for this application. 50% more cylinders to share the work and 50% more holes to push the air through. On such a platform the goal would be 2000 HP @ 6000 RPM and 15 psi.

I guess it's a sign of the times; I'm starting to value reliability more than speed.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Jon,

I don't know Tom E. Turbo's can make insane hp, but never, ever can it match the throttle response and low end torque. Simply can't. You can use all the tricks you want, all the different versions, which again will make insane hp, but cannot fill the cylinder as fast as a efficient positive displacement sc. I've been part of some big projects and I've seen them very close, but they're not the same. Certainly not the lag of the old days if done right, but its still dependent on the airflow through the exhaust.

I'm 1 person who never knocks turbos. They make great power and are great products, just anything, there's good and bad setups, but when done right, they're hard to compete with.

Dustin

Just finished some testing with Tom Robinson of R-Tech.
Very inteligent man, great guy to work with and great product that really works well. We will post some number's once we get some more data. But it was really nice of Tom to take the time to drive here from Canada and be a part of this.

Below is a picture of Check300's engine pulled out for the winter for cam research Hence testing intercooler's at the same time. Old cam we started pulling and making boost at 1,750 Rpm's, New cam we started pulling and making boost at 1,850. R-Tech's product really increased the bottom end and mid range too. Boost can be made low and the throttle response is NOT lacking in any way shape or form with this set-up!

Anybody pursuing intercooler's etc., really need to get in touch with R-Tech !!

Thanks
Jon
Attached Thumbnails Looking for new blowers, any opinions?-r-tech_port_1.jpg  

Last edited by cougarman; 02-07-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are those Dana's exhaust manifolds that you modified?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:07 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
Just finished some testing with Tom Robinson of R-Tech.
Very inteligent man, great guy to work with and great product that really works well. We will post some number's once we get some more data. But it was really nice of Tom to take the time to drive here from Canada and be a part of this.

Below is a picture of Check300's engine pulled out for the winter for cam research Hence testing intercooler's at the same time. Old cam we started pulling and making boost at 1,750 Rpm's, New cam we started pulling and making boost at 1,850. R-Tech's product really increased the bottom end and mid range too. Boost can be made low and the throttle response is NOT lacking in any way shape or form with this set-up!

Anybody pursuing intercooler's etc., really need to get in touch with R-Tech !!

Thanks
Jon

Nice!

Quick Reply: Looking for new blowers, any opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.