Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for new blowers, any opinions? >

Looking for new blowers, any opinions?

Notices

Looking for new blowers, any opinions?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratz to Jon, Tom E, and Tom R ...: now get it back in the boat and ready for the H20 ernaehrung004:
Old 02-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ON THE CHIP RACING
That thing looks like junk!I have seen hundreds of engine dynos and you can't load the engine under 2000 rpms.You must have some damn good crippy my friend.Dustin Why bother with a jerkoff

Hello and thank you for your kind comments ! First of all I'm not worried about the cosmetics
cause that is all easily changed after a product is fully developed from a mechanical stand point.

Not looking to have a war with you, Dustin or anyone else for that matter, but having your fact's
in order isn't a bad idea either. However we are all guilty of bad assumptions here or there.

As to seeing hundred's of Dyno's your either very well traveled, or have had hundreds of engines
built and use a different dyno source each time ? Sorry just trying to understand?

Any way's more to the point at hand, How do you think Diesel engine's are dyno'd ?
Most diesel's are lucky to see 3,000 RPM's and my Cummin's Diesel make's peak torque at 1,800 RPM's.
( I have that right in the Cummin's Spec's for my year engine) How do you feel they came up with that number??
Diesel technology has come a long ways to and more and more of them are pushing the higher RPM's
but for the longest time majority of them are on the low side of the RPM scale and that obviously gives
them the longevity.

For what it's worth Earhart Engineering has done it's far share of Dyno work for Diesel engines as well.

Further more not looking to drag R-Tech into this, But if he has time maybe he would kindly confirm
we are for real and the Dyno pull's are taken this LOW.

One finale question, Earhart, Check300, myself, and R-Tech are all member's of OSO and
all of us work closely with Earhart Engineering. That being said I believe all would stand
be hind my comments. Are you willing to call all of us liars ?

I think R-Tech put it best with this quote:
These engine builders and the customers behind these projects are pioneers. Setbacks are to be
expected when testing any new application; this is the only path to success. But important milestones are being reached.
Sterling uses our single centrifugal race system on their Class 1 engines and they can qualify first and finish first.

Bottom line is we are looking to educate those with a mind that are willing to learn.

Thanks
Jon
Old 02-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by saxman
Congrats to Jon, Tom E and Tom R as well as few others in that circle for pushing the envelope!

Thanks Saxman as you and your Father know the Earhart group,.......Two other's that need recognition to are Mike R. and ( Bill R. check300 )

Things have come a long ways !!

Jon
Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
HEY,,,i am looking for a sponsor for my raceboat ,,,,,why don't you just give me one of those as a sponsor and i will test it for you under real boating conditions !!!!??????

Come out this summer to Michigan if you would like to see the results and become a believer.

Jon
Old 02-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Congratz to Jon, Tom E, and Tom R ...: now get it back in the boat and ready for the H20 ernaehrung004:

Thank you also, we need to get together some time
Like to see your new power also !!

Jon
Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

I witnessed the dyno testing and can confirm that steady state pulls were done at 1750 RPM. Loading the engine means lots of exhaust gas so I am not surprised by the boost numbers at low RPM.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
Thank you also, we need to get together some time
Like to see your new power also !!

Jon
Jon will U guys be at the Boyne Thunder run ????? If so see ya there
Old 02-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
I did not say ,,i don't believe u !!!!

I realy mean it ,,to get the product on the market faster and show it to people on the racesites,,,,Racers and Fans !!!!!!

++++ i realy need an engine !!!!!!

Sorry if u kind of got that the wrong way !

No Worry's Mate! No I'll thoughts at all, What I meant by a believer is how well these Turbo engines actually perform meaning:

1) No Turbo Lag

2) Power in all ranges

3) And Throttle response

Amoung any and all other Turbo Stigma's

Could really care less about the dyno argument, boat will never spend anytime there anyways.

Only reason for developing Power and boost low is for getting on plane. With the compression so low there is no Static Compression like in a blower application.

You are relying on the Turbo's !
Earhart has it figured out

Jon
Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tomcat
I witnessed the dyno testing and can confirm that steady state pulls were done at 1750 RPM. Loading the engine means lots of exhaust gas so I am not surprised by the boost numbers at low RPM.

Thanks for Chiming in wasn't sure if you were back from your trip yet, Will talk soon

Jon
Old 02-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Jon will U guys be at the Boyne Thunder run ????? If so see ya there

That one is on my list, still have a lot of work on my Rig.

Hopefully progress continues well for me personally.

Jon

Quick Reply: Looking for new blowers, any opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.