Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New SBI Race classes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19733-new-sbi-race-classes.html)

Ron P 03-08-2002 07:13 PM

New SBI Race classes

I have been asked to relay the following information to you all about some upcoming changes to the SBI rule book. Formal statements will appear at www.superboat.com.

I appears that many racers have enjoyed bracket class racing and have P1 to P5 already painted on the hulls of thier boats. In the past SBI had called these boats "Local Class" with some very loose rules to accomidate most boats in the L1 through L3 classes.

Racers primarily in Florida have asked SBI to change the rules to accomidate speed bracket class racing while using the P symbol as a class designator. SBI has agreed to this change and P class racing will now be a part of all SBI Divisional and National races.

Local class boats with L1 through L3 will need to update their letter to "P" and see what class they fall into based on the boat's top speed rather than hull or engine configuration.

Please refer to the SBI rule book for further details or call SBI should you have any questions.

Maybe someone could explain the break out speeds in P class racing.

Hauling Trash 03-08-2002 07:17 PM

ed , not going to like that (what`s up)

just paint the boat

Hauling Trash 03-08-2002 07:44 PM

ok
if the rule can be change`s like that, then bring back the b-class. most of the boats in jersey are b - boat and c- boats.
why cut them john - kurt ,i know you read this board.
i`m think of buying a b-boat to race this year

mike

BODYSHOT1 03-08-2002 09:48 PM

P-class

It will certainly make things easier for the "Local" racer if the rules mirror each other...

Hope it works out...

Ron P 03-08-2002 09:49 PM

Mike, sounds like your the source. I believe that the rules will be kept close to thier original format so would you please outline the five different bracket classes and explain how it works?

Thanks!

Fast Shafts 03-08-2002 10:11 PM

Ron,

I think this is a great idea! It brings some uniformity to these classes. These are boats which are local classes and dont receive prize money so why not make it uniform with another organization. Many of these racers dont want to change letters and numbers for every race but now may be willing to race another clubs venues.

APBA has the P Class as:

P5 up to 69 mph
P4 70 to 79 mph
P3 80 to 89 mph
P2 90 to 99 mph
P1 99+ mph

Please note that the class is listed first, followed by the number, ie; Carrabbas Racing P5-12, (not P-512)

Rules are simple, any boat radared over bracketted speed disqualified. Inspectors should be familiar with high performance boats and has the right to "run" the boat with the crew prior to race to verify speed and to eliminate sandbagging.

In APBA's outlaw classes, P3, was the most most popular class last year, followed by P4 and P5

I think this could mutually benefit both major organizations! Just think of the possibility of racing in Key West, SBI P boats vs APBA P boats. Maybe this is the beggining of something Great!

Sutphen_runner 03-08-2002 10:16 PM

test

puder 03-08-2002 11:04 PM

break out your skates!!!!!!

LUCIFER'S POND IS FROZEN!!!!

Is it me or did we just see an APBA/SBI compromise......

way to go guys!!!!:D

Ron P 03-08-2002 11:48 PM

Puder you crack me up.

So last year you were putting a blower on or something. What's the story for this summer, you gonna come out and race or just talk about it.

puder 03-09-2002 12:07 AM

blower went on

OIL psi went down.

F@#$ing thing didn't run right all summer.

Engine out Figurign OIL PSI issue out. Most likely low on oil + extra oil lines + new Giant oil cooler + 1987 oil pump= Low PSI

In ceonverting to bravo (from alpha). All this so I can hopefully sell the boat ASAP. If i can;t sell her i might just run it and see whatnumber i can put up withet blower (once its tuned properly)

But I really want to sell teh boat becasue i foudn a snazzy 38' i erally like. I can prolly afford it without sellign et hcurrent boat but i dont; want to have 2 boats. I will take enough **** for just buying a 38'.

One wayt or anothe ri am geting to an NJ race on a boat. Hopefully i will planning on racing. Unl;ess the condition are like they wer elast year. Then I AM NOT racing a 27' boat in 8' I got some big brass ones BUT i would like to keep them attached....

In the 38' i would consider running in the big stuff. If assumjign i am not ready to race i wodul gladly help out with the race (I am an OPA member)

SO what ever happened to the manhasset bay gold cup race? The poker run is cool buta race woudl be even cooler.