Like Tree0Likes

Stolen 2005 Spectre 30 Onario Canada 10/15/2008

Reply
Old 10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
  #1
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sarasota,Florida
Posts: 51
Default Stolen 2005 Spectre 30 Onario Canada 10/15/2008

I just got off the phone with the owner of this boat. It was stolen sometime last night along with the truck it was attached too. The boat is blue/yellow/orange w/300 x's. The best looking 30 I think Jay ever built. It was stolen in Toronto Ontario and was hooked up to a a 1999 Suburban 4 x 4 black. Keep your eyes open for it.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o23990-en.html

Last edited by suncoastpower2; 10-16-2008 at 04:51 PM.
suncoastpower2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:01 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turkey Point Island Edgewater Md.
My Boats: 2012 39' Nor-Tech CC
Posts: 2,639
Default

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o23990-en.html
Spicy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:16 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: oshawa ontario
My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder
Posts: 4,699
Default

wherebouts in Ontario? its a big place
pullmytrigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tustin CA
My Boats: Hallett 270
Posts: 240
Default

Is (or was) that Joe's boat?
DrewDown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 AM
  #5
Registered
 
cosmic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Syracuse N.Y.
My Boats: Dreaming of a 32 AT
Posts: 4,951
Default

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=165658 This was taken up there and still no word. Good Luck I hope it is found and the A-Holes that did it. Man they got some big ones. Need to be strung up to the nearest tree.
cosmic12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:28 AM
  #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Man they got some big ones. they need to be strung up to the nearest tree.

Ditto BIG Daddy
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 AM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Detroit, MI / Miami, FL
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 View Post
Man they got some big ones. they need to be strung up to the nearest tree.

Ditto BIG Daddy
Seems you can't have anything these days...

I spend a great deal of time in Canada, since I live in a border town...

I love all of Canada...it has always been a far more cerebral and safer place, than the U.S...

Got my 1st taste of the changing criminal environment/element though, when 4-sleds, sled trailer and buddy's Suburban were stolen from guarded/locked sledder coral in Quebec...

Now boats????

It's such a shame that Canada is slowly becoming more and more like the States...

So Sad...

Hope they find those moron thieves...

Stop stealing and get a job M. F.'s...

Divenstar
divenstar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:58 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: oshawa ontario
My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder
Posts: 4,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divenstar View Post
Seems you can't have anything these days...

I spend a great deal of time in Canada, since I live in a border town...

I love all of Canada...it has always been a far more cerebral and safer place, than the U.S...

Got my 1st taste of the changing criminal environment/element though, when 4-sleds, sled trailer and buddy's Suburban were stolen from guarded/locked sledder coral in Quebec...



Divenstar
Quebec's DMV and general population is far more tollerent of stolen goods than the rest of Canada.......A few yrs ago a dealer in the Niagra region had 2 brand new Cigs and a big Formula stolen out of his locked and gated Marina, they killed his two dogs, hotwired the Marinas duallys and a dually that was parked in front of a home in the nieghbourhood......the owner of the Marina heard the boats were spotted in Kingston and took after them himself along with a private eye he hired......somehow they traced the boats to a wharehouse in Montreal (the Marina owner said the PI had a pretty good idea where they might be) they went to the local cops (the QPP) and they didnt give a chit and WOULD NOT HELP THEM!!!, wouldnt even send an officer to check it out!!!......it wasnt until the Marina owner contacted the Ontario Police (the OPP) who were investigating the robbery from the Niagra end and some pressure was put on from the Federal level that the QPP finally sent someone out.......the robbers were obviously tipped, the wharehouse was deserted, the stripping of the 3 boats looked to be stopped in midstream, everything just left as though everyone left in a BIG hurry.......the 3 boats were recovered and brought back to Niagra.......this story was related to me firsthand by the Marina owner himself
pullmytrigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:09 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
My Boats: 2006 Larson Senza 206
Posts: 3,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
Quebec's DMV and general population is far more tollerent of stolen goods than the rest of Canada.......A few yrs ago a dealer in the Niagra region had 2 brand new Cigs and a big Formula stolen out of his locked and gated Marina, they killed his two dogs, hotwired the Marinas duallys and a dually that was parked in front of a home in the nieghbourhood......the owner of the Marina heard the boats were spotted in Kingston and took after them himself along with a private eye he hired......somehow they traced the boats to a wharehouse in Montreal (the Marina owner said the PI had a pretty good idea where they might be) they went to the local cops (the QPP) and they didnt give a chit and WOULD NOT HELP THEM!!!, wouldnt even send an officer to check it out!!!......it wasnt until the Marina owner contacted the Ontario Police (the OPP) who were investigating the robbery from the Niagra end and some pressure was put on from the Federal level that the QPP finally sent someone out.......the robbers were obviously tipped, the wharehouse was deserted, the stripping of the 3 boats looked to be stopped in midstream, everything just left as though everyone left in a BIG hurry.......the 3 boats were recovered and brought back to Niagra.......this story was related to me firsthand by the Marina owner himself
yikes! what marina was it?


hope the boat is returned, its a nice looking cat!
Perlmudder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Detroit, MI / Miami, FL
Posts: 330
Default

Like I said...what a shame...

Was in Kingston, Ottawa, Montreal, Messina, Upstate N.Y. on business earlier this year...I also dive out of Kingston at least once a season...

Never knew that type of craziness was happening in such a beautiful, cerebral and laid back area...

Always read about the organized crime and Hell's Angel drug/crime/prostitution/violence/theft thing in Quebec and more specifically Montreal...But Niagara and the Islands/Seaway???

I Love the St. Lawrence Seaway and pulling my boat up there was on my list of places to run...

But, what am I complaining about????

Still not as bad as the states, but I will be more cautious...

BTW...I've been to Toronto w/a smaller Formula I owned...Toronto has been on my list w/the bigger boat and I've been monitoring the Harbour Pilot Lic. test thread...

How's the boat theft issue there???

Divenstar
divenstar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Lexluther
Beware and Stolen
130
03-15-2012 12:33 AM
maxonmike
Spectre
4
06-24-2008 02:44 PM
berns29scarab
Spectre
10
06-04-2006 03:24 PM
kingpin
General Boating Discussion
12
04-16-2004 08:50 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.