Notices

Key West cancellations?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Key West cancellations?

I just spoke to a an agent in KW and she told me it seems to be sold out for the PR/Races.

She did say that it was the same two weeks before Fantasy Fest and they have had a bunch of cancellations.

Just wondering if it was the same for our event. People book hoping to go and then can't get away and cancel. The economy and the rest are certainly taking a toll.

Anybody plan to cancel or on the fence?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It Will Happen. We Had To Cancel Our Trip To Dubia 2 Years Ago Because Of Employees
Old 10-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg, Are you going. Im looking to fill a seat for some extra gas $$ if you need a ride in a lil old Cig. ( I know..its no MTI) , But if you need a ride let me know. You and Teddy are always welcome
Old 10-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I just booked!! We're going to run Clark's AT with Stu this year on Thursday.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm booked and paid. I 'm not gonna cancel. I just won't piss away as much when down there.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I just spoke to a an agent in KW and she told me it seems to be sold out for the PR/Races.

She did say that it was the same two weeks before Fantasy Fest and they have had a bunch of cancellations.

Just wondering if it was the same for our event. People book hoping to go and then can't get away and cancel. The economy and the rest are certainly taking a toll.

Call the pier house, and if they dont have anything ask to be put on the waiting list . They were sold out when I called a couple of weeks ago, but I left my name and # and they called back a few days later with a room...
Old 10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

get in touch with Dave P...theres someone in the NJPPC looking to split a room i believe.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

I was talking with an art director at a KW ad agency a couple weeks ago... he told me things are way down this year.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We canceled the house. It was cheap...$5,000. It cost $1,000 to cancel it and had to give up the deposit of $500. So, $1500, not to go to Key West. Engine troubles, forces us to stay home. I thought it was cheap, though. Last year, from home to Key West and back home. our group of 5 spent more than $45,000. Note: 2 members of our group have a serious Strip Club addiction. That number could have been closer to $25,000 without Strip Club tariff. I hope everyone has a great time down there!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar

Greg,

Just booked rooms...almost everyone that states "full" that I called had rooms....interesting that they are not full but still asking high dollar for the rooms...including the Pier House having many available......

FYI.....

Quick Reply: Key West cancellations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.