Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Airing of 9/11 Documentary >

Airing of 9/11 Documentary

Notices

Airing of 9/11 Documentary

Old 03-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Otis311, Being a firefighter, and as one who was at the WTC site for a few days, I too, feel it will help me appreciate even more , the job we do. I lost friends in that tradgedy, as many people did. What i saw while i was there will be imbedded in my mind forever. It was horrible and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. But i also feel that people who were not there will never fully realize the proportion and horror of that day.

I see people softening up already, having "compassion" for our enemys. And as Playn says All the "liberal humanitarian B.S." going around. I think we need a kick in the ass to remind us of what happened . This program might just be it!!

Vinny Lazzara
Old 03-10-2002, 06:25 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

I watched it happen in "real time" . Once is enough for me.

If this helps someone heal , then I guess its worth it.
Old 03-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Intolerant1

Every fire fighter and police officer that responded to that disaster, alive or dead, should recieve military recognition such as the Purple Heart or Medal of Honor. And the families of those lost should receive military benifits.

Old 03-10-2002, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will watch it, and I know that I will be shocked, horrified,sad and mad all over again. I will also again silently thank all the firemen,police,and volunteers who helped or gave their lives to save lives. I will also thank our people and allies who are over there now kicking their ass's for doing this to our people.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Registered

I will not watch it because I refuse to support the idea that the networks seem to have about profiting from the misfortune of others. This tragedy does need to stay in the minds of the American people, as well as the entire free world, but not to allow the network to profit from it. No matter what they may say, they would not be doing this if there wasn't profit in it.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:29 PM

Default I Disagree

I am watching this as we speek, We all need to be refreshed on what had happened here in this great country of ours!
As we go amoung our every day chores I look at life a little differant, My wife my kids my family and all my fiends the love we must carry for each other and the reality of some BASTERDS that want to take our dreams away. This is something that we all need as a reminder to evertime we here some die hard tree hugger cry about how bad we are traeting the prisoners in Cuba, They should have been in the lobby when poor innocent people jumbed to there deaths and heard that traggic sound that those Fireman heard! My Heart My Soul and My Prayers go out to all that were involved ( GOD BE WITH THEM ALL )
Old 03-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Registered

It was a terrible day.

Last edited by Miller; 03-10-2002 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I'm with Troutly. I watched it, and recorded it. Someday I'll show it to my children and they'll have a first hand record of our countries history, and watch the great people of this country as they all jump to help one another.

I have nothing but respect, admiration, and thankfulness towards the public service workers of this country. (well, unless they're giving me a speeding ticket, I gotta draw the line somewhere...LOL!) BUt seriously, it makes me think how meaningless what I do for a living really is when I see things like that. We should all be thankful for what we have and the country we live in.

It has to be much harder for someone to watch that lost someone, though, and I sympathize with them, although I don't know what they are going through and have gone through.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:33 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

This goes out to all our safety personel as well as our people in the military, and I can't say this enough.....THANKS!!! May God Bless You All.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-10-2002, 10:38 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Well said Troutly! I couldn't believe how cool headed they all remained in that lobby. They knew what was making those loud bangs outside but still remained calm...REAL AMERCAN HEROES!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Airing of 9/11 Documentary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.