Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Airing of 9/11 Documentary >

Airing of 9/11 Documentary

Notices

Airing of 9/11 Documentary

Old 03-10-2002, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I thought it was a phenomenal program, deep down and real.I couldnt believe all the fallen firefighters pictures at the end , so many wives, children and families..... my god.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished watching it. Extremely well done.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:17 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-11-2002, 06:18 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I too watched it and thought that it was a very good program. I have no problem with CBS for doing what they did. I think if you watched it you would understand because it was more than just the buildings.

For those of you who are firefighters, who pays for all the groceries that they use in the firehouse? Those were some pretty big steaks those guys were cooking and I was just wondering!

Jeff
Old 03-11-2002, 07:28 AM
Registered

I too watched and recorded this very important part of our history. I lost several friends on 9/11 and amd a firefighter as well. I also think that CBS did this VERY TASTEFULLY.

Crazyhorse, before you say things as strongly as you just did, may I suggest you think about it first. The events on 9/11 were an important part of this world's history. Do you think the viewing of fotage from Pearl Harbor shown by the networks is wrong? I bet you have watched many times that traggic event as we all have. Furthermore, there were NO COMMERCIALS and just small mention of the primary sponsor of the program. I feel certain that neither CBS nor NEXTEL made and ran this program for financial gain, but I TRULY believe they did this out of the compasion they have for those who perished, their friends and families,and the countless volunteers that gave so freely and selflessly in such a time of need. And a HUGE thanks to the men and women who have fought and are presently fighting and those who will wage future wars to PROTECT our FREEDOM!

Thanks to CBS, NEXTEL, the men of Engine 1 Ladder 7 and all who brought this powerful documentary to us. I think ALL AMERICANS should watch this so they are reminded as to why we have a military and why standing up for what is right is so important. If you saw the 60 MINUTES segment on CBS at 7 it was a tremendous segway to the documentary at 9. These cowards were givent the worlds ULTIMATE GIFT! The ability to live, study, and work inthe GREATEST LAND IN THE WORLD! They knew it, they abused it, and they exploited it. Their leaders and commarades will now pay the price for their cowardice actions.

worldchampioncigarette, what the hell does Miller owning a boat have ANYTHING to do with this? And yes he has owned several boats and is a GREAT GUY who volunteered with DJD many days at Ground Zero! And yourself?

Last edited by Shane; 03-11-2002 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Registered

Info for HP500efi ; All the firemen working on a shift chip in for all their meals. each shift has their own food pantry .
Old 03-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

VinMan, thanks. I always wondered and after watching that show last night, it really made me wonder.

Those guys are truely a tite nit family.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:08 PM
Boat Girl

I too watched and taped the documentary, and I thought it was very, very well done...I think the camera men and the network were very respectful. So many things suprised me as well, the quiet and the silence scared me...and I was so amazed at how the chiefs at the command post remained so calm in that lobby...It made me realize what our public service workers everywhere put on the line for us every day, what we may take for granted...And I agree, everytime someone asks, why are we dropping bombs in Afghanistan, show them clips of that video. Tonight I will stand on my balcony to wait and watch for the lights to come on in tribute to 9/11.

Old 03-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Registered

I too thought it was well done.
I get angered all over again after watching that. It still shocks me to see all the video, and pictures.
I want to thank all the people that are in those type of jobs (policeman,fireman,...etc)
Old 03-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

By far the best TV I have seen in my life. I was glued to the TV for the entire show and goose bumps ran up and down me for two hours. I wish I had taped it but I was too awstruck to get up. This gives this whole disaster a face and a meaning. We should all be as humble as those rescue folks. They were doing there job and not one glorified or sensationalized the event. True professionals. I am sold on our public servents. They deserve everything we can give them. SO GIVE.

Quick Reply: Airing of 9/11 Documentary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.