Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Airing of 9/11 Documentary (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19808-airing-9-11-documentary.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-10-2002 06:19 AM

Airing of 9/11 Documentary

CBS will be airing a Documentary of 9/11. What is your opinion on this and are you going to be watching it?:confused:

Magicfloat 03-10-2002 07:26 AM

I won't be watching and neither will those whose families were involved in the tragedy.CBS should be ashamed of itself.Money always talks.

MnFastBoat 03-10-2002 07:52 AM

When is it airing???
Yes I will watch it if I am available to.
Yes there will be some families watching it.
Yes it is a money maker.
Yes it is in-moral in some peoples eyes.
Yes Cbs should be ashamed of themselves because it should be done as an aniversiary track. IMHO
Yes alot of people will hate it.
Yes alot of people will be tuned into it.
Yes I will catch hell for this :):D

Now when is it??:confused:

cashmoney 03-10-2002 08:37 AM

I heard on fox news that on some parts of the tape you can hear bodies hit the pavement around the camera man.they don't show them but there is no mistaking the sounds.That might be a little much for some people but it sure is for real.Reality TV at it's most extreme.I will watch it as we all should watch it.This is something that we should never forget,And a show like this will give the full impact of the event:(

NASTY HABIT 03-10-2002 08:53 AM

STILL AT A LOSS FOR WORDS !!! regardless of what the networks choose to air our hearts will always be with those directly affected by what happened up there and in Pa. and Wash.
cannot say i fwe will be viewing this or not...

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-10-2002 10:26 AM

I believe the time for airing is Sunday, March 10th 9pm EST. That's tonight...

Playn 03-10-2002 10:49 AM

If the network does this in an appropriate manner I have no problem with it. I believe the country does need reminding of why we are at war and I hope they show that in the program. I just don't want to see any liberal touchy feely "lets understand them" garbage the media has a habit of turning out.

Intolerant1 03-10-2002 02:46 PM

I think that every time they show a pic of a bomb dropping on Taliban/Al Queda positions it should be followed by a pic from the WTC site. Just keep the proper perspective on why we are there.

SunseekerNY 03-10-2002 03:20 PM

Originally posted by Intolerant1
I think that every time they show a pic of a bomb dropping on Taliban/Al Queda positions it should be followed by a pic from the WTC site. Just keep the proper perspective on why we are there.
Amen to that!

otis311 03-10-2002 04:36 PM

I must watch this !! I am a professional Firefighter and lost a couple of close friends that were on the job that day. One friend in particular is shown on this film several times rescuing people and leading them to saftey before he paid the supreme sacrifice. I feel this will help me in the healing process, because these Firefighters died doing what each and everyone of us is trained and loves to do.... Help others .which is exactly what there were doing. Just my opinion

Thanks,

Bob Scanlon