Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hey Guys, Sea Tow wants our support! LOL!!! >

Hey Guys, Sea Tow wants our support! LOL!!!

Notices

Hey Guys, Sea Tow wants our support! LOL!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hey Guys, Sea Tow wants our support! LOL!!!

Here is an email I just recieved.

Dear Florida Sea Tow member,
As a boater in the state of Florida I wanted to make you aware of the importance of voting “YES” for Amendment 6 on Tuesday, November 4.
Amendment 6, also known as Save our Waterfronts, would allow marine venues and working waterfronts to be taxed at the property’s current and actual use, rather than upon the potential use of the land (i.e. “highest and best use”), such as high-end condominiums or resorts. Amendment 6 would impact:
• Why is this important to you? Because the businesses impacted by Amendment 6 are those that we rely upon as boaters and current real estate tax rates are driving them out of business.

Best regards,

Capt. Joe Frohnhoefer
Chairman/CEO
Sea Tow Services International Inc.

My response

I’ll tell you what, you change your policies about “stealing” race boats when there are accidents on the race course and your guys try to steal them under salvage law loopholes and then I will consider voting the way you would like me to. Until then I am purposely voting “NO” for amendment 6! I will see how many perfornce boaters I can get to join me.
Sincerely,
Gino Gargiulo
Mercedes Benz of Ft. Lauderdale Race team
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a long time TowBoat member (was aware of the SeaTow practices) I must say that I agree with Amendment 6, it really has more to do with taxes then SeaTow.
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42

As a boater in the state of Florida I wanted to make you aware of the importance of voting “YES” for Amendment 6 on Tuesday, November 4.
Amendment 6, also known as Save our Waterfronts, would allow marine venues and working waterfronts to be taxed at the property’s current and actual use, rather than upon the potential use of the land (i.e. “highest and best use”), such as high-end condominiums or resorts. Amendment 6 would impact:
• Why is this important to you? Because the businesses impacted by Amendment 6 are those that we rely upon as boaters and current real estate tax rates are driving them out of business.

Best regards,

Capt. Joe Frohnhoefer
Chairman/CEO

My response

I’ll tell you what, you change your policies about “stealing” race boats when there are accidents on the race course and your guys try to steal them under salvage law loopholes and then I will consider voting the way you would like me to. Until then I am purposely voting “NO” for amendment 6! I will see how many perfornce boaters I can get to join me.
Sincerely,
Gino Gargiulo
Old 10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino:

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Although Sea Tow's salvage practices suck, Amendment 6 makes a lot of sense.

Let's find another way of protesting Sea Tow.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Sea Tow wants my support..

okay fine....

i'll send them a used jockstrap
Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Please, let's find some way to protest these ARS WHOLES!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not voting against it. I was just making a smart a$$ remark to the guy! This really had nothing to do with the actual issue itself!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42

Best regards,

Capt. Joe Frohnhoefer
Chairman/CEO

My response

Sincerely,
Gino Gargiulo
AMEN GINO. HIGH SEAS THIEVES
Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fvck SeaTow. I support Boat-U.S., an organization truly committed to supporting boating.

All that aside though, seriously all you Floridians definitely need to vote YES on 6.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Absolutely vote YES on issue 6.

Had no idea that Sea-Tow would try to claim salvage rights like that. No wonder you guys don't like them!

Last edited by Mark; 10-30-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
Sea Tow wants my support..

okay fine....

i'll send them a used jockstrap

As a former tow/dive/salvage operator...

Sea Tow's practices are pretty skanky...

But...

Touche' Touche' Touche'...

Wish I had thought of that response...

LMAO...

Divenstar

Quick Reply: Hey Guys, Sea Tow wants our support! LOL!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.