Notices

1200+ hp Skater 399 V

Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your doing a very nice job on this boat, can't wait to see how it turns out and runs
Old 12-18-2008, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I find it interesting you as the builder are so into this build and are willing to take the extra time to take pictures and explain. Is there something special about this project for you to be willing to take the extra time. Am I correct that you are the engine builder and the one rigging the boat??? If so I comend you on a very proffesional job
Old 12-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
I find it interesting you as the builder are so into this build and are willing to take the extra time to take pictures and explain. Is there something special about this project for you to be willing to take the extra time. Am I correct that you are the engine builder and the one rigging the boat??? If so I comend you on a very proffesional job
You are correct, I am the engine builder, the rigger, test driver, head boat washer, etc. All of the projects that I do are special in some way. I just really enjoy what I do. I like looking at other rigging jobs to get ideas that I can incorporate into future work. I return the favor by showing what I do so that someone may get an idea from my rigging that they can use to make their boat better. I have gotten quite a few ideas over the years from this site, and others, that I have used. Not only do I love what I do, I am also proud of my work and like to show it off.
I have put pics of other projects up in the past and if people continue to enjoy them, I will put them up in the future. I'm also welcome criticizism. If someone sees something that doesn't look right or if they think it won't work, please say something. You're not gonna hurt my feelings. By no means am I perfect and above making mistakes. I will be glad to explain what I did and why I did it.
Bottom line, it is my way of giving back to the site that I have gotten so much from. I have gotten quite a few customers from here in the past, so I feel I need to help others out. I also spend as much time as I can in the tech section answering questions. I know how it is to not be able to pay someone to work on your stuff and not know how to do it. In the old days you would go buy a manuel, today we have this. I just love boats and feel very lucky to be able to make a living doing something that I enjoy. Thanks for the kind words, Eddie.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting stuff going on here.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
And then take some pictures of the crank laying on the floor.

Guess I should have had my Camera the other night.
The Night of 12-15-2008.

Little over 600 ft. lbs at 1000 RPM's.........Hmmm
So I wouldn't laugh to hard.

No it's not a typo either, guess it depends who's work you like to surround your self with.

Eddie,.........This is not directed toward your work, we all know you put a good product out.

Jon

Last edited by cougarman; 12-18-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cougarman
Guess I should have had my Camera the other night.
The Night of 12-15-2008.

Little over 600 ft. lbs at 1000 RPM's.........Hmmm
So I wouldn't laugh to hard.

No it's not a typo either, guess it depends who's work you like to surround your self with.

Jon
Umm, no comment..

Eddie it really is awesome that you're willing to share so many tips and tricks that can only be learned through hard work and experience. You can't buy the knowledge that you share with everyone here and it is a fantastic resource.. Now how bout some cam specs and a download of your MEFI tune!!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Eddie it really is awesome that you're willing to share so many tips and tricks that can only be learned through hard work and experience. You can't buy the knowledge that you share with everyone here and it is a fantastic resource.. Now how bout some cam specs and a download of your MEFI tune!!
Absolutely, the cam # is 6. If you were to take the cam out of the engine, you would find the #6. I grind off the numbers and stamp my own number on there for reference. I have a sheet of paper with all of the specs of each cam I use. That is in case someone else goes in one of my engines in the future, they won't know what the cam is. It's not that it's a big secret, but I worked hard to get it right and I'm not gonna give it away. Most people would be VERY surprised by the cams I use.
Now the Mefi tune, well that has a password. That's harder to get right than the cam. Getting the combo right is SO much easier than tuning the thing.
If one person gets an idea from my pics and uses it in his boat to make it better, faster, safer, etc. then it was worth the time to post it all.
Thank everyone, Eddie.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Registered

Here are the latest pics. I am just waiting on the tails now. Should have them in a few weeks. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails 1200+ hp Skater 399 V-1200-1400-efi-26-large-.jpg   1200+ hp Skater 399 V-1200-1400-efi-35-large-.jpg   1200+ hp Skater 399 V-1200-1400-efi-37-large-.jpg  

Old 12-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Getting closer to the water. This is the first time I'm using this exhaust. It is the Hurricane's from Hardin Marine. They have a 2 1/4" primary and are made of heat treated 316 SS. Very nice piece, especially for the money.
Eddie

you feel confy with these..? Seems like your taking a chance here? exp for such an expensive setup....?

great work BTW!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered

Great work, Eddie! Thanks for sharing the pics too.
I wouldn't disclose all my engine building and tune secrets either. I look forward to seeing the shake down results.

Quick Reply: 1200+ hp Skater 399 V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.