Notices

1200+ hp Skater 399 V

Old 04-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
If I was one of those do you think I would have married three times? I would be fukin rich and ya'll would be tuning MY boat!!!!

Sorry for the Hi jack ED, little comic relief......
You and me both brother...you and me both. I left a whole bunch of money and assets down in williamson cty......AND IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Any new updates? Eddie how do you like the Hardin Marine headers you installed on the Skater? Do you think the water log welded at the bottom of the headers will hold up compaired to the rubber hose style? Anyone care to comment on this, sorry don't want to hi-jack. Bob
Old 05-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
I am very happy with the headers. So far so good. I don't think that the water distribution tubes will be a problem. They are welded on there pretty good, so I don't think they will go anywhere. The only drawback to the SS distritbution tubes is that they do not move out of the way if you need to get in there to work. At least with the rubber hoses, you can take them off and get them out of the way.
Basically, the headers are half the price of the CMI big tubes. I have to admit that the finish work is not quite as nice as the CMI's, but they are getting better the more they build. However, they are 5K cheaper. I'm not sure if CMI heat treats their headers, but Hardin does.
The boat is running great. We took it out last weekend all day on both Saturday and Sunday. I ran it Saturday with the owner and showed him the ropes, did some tuning, etc. He then took it out on Sunday by himself. I still need to run it and check it out on the top end to make sure the tune is good. The weather has been terrible and the lake is full of trees, so I didn't want to run it 120+ and hit something and rip the drives off. We will go run it this week for the last time and get some video.
Eddie
Old 05-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I am very happy with the headers. So far so good. I don't think that the water distribution tubes will be a problem. They are welded on there pretty good, so I don't think they will go anywhere. The only drawback to the SS distritbution tubes is that they do not move out of the way if you need to get in there to work. At least with the rubber hoses, you can take them off and get them out of the way.
Basically, the headers are half the price of the CMI big tubes. I have to admit that the finish work is not quite as nice as the CMI's, but they are getting better the more they build. However, they are 5K cheaper. I'm not sure if CMI heat treats their headers, but Hardin does.
The boat is running great. We took it out last weekend all day on both Saturday and Sunday. I ran it Saturday with the owner and showed him the ropes, did some tuning, etc. He then took it out on Sunday by himself. I still need to run it and check it out on the top end to make sure the tune is good. The weather has been terrible and the lake is full of trees, so I didn't want to run it 120+ and hit something and rip the drives off. We will go run it this week for the last time and get some video.
Eddie
Eddie, thanks for the response on the headers. The project turned out nice. The owner should be happy. Bob
Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Registered

Eddie
Any new updates on the 399 V project?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, the boat is hauling ass. The customer has been enjoying it and has managed to run it 142 mph. He had plenty of motor left but ran short on balls. The boats top speed is directly proportional to the size of your ball bag. It starts to get loose over 135. It's still drivable but you damn well better be on your game. This lake is really not the place to ring it out. There aren't any straighaways long enough to just stay in it. You run out of room and have to turn. One day we will take it to another lake and see what it will do. Until then, 142 is fast enough.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails 1200+ hp Skater 399 V-skater-speedo.jpg  
Old 07-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome!!!! Congrats, and nice work
Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Registered

Nice work. That is a beautiful boat.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered

Haha, love it! "Speed is directly proportional to size of ball bag."
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would say that his brain is finally bigger than his balls....

Quick Reply: 1200+ hp Skater 399 V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.