Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
It looks to me like ldd owes prostock $5100. If your car is repoed for failing to uphold your end of the contract and pay off ,than the bank will sell and if money is made above the owed price than that money is returned. Thats the simple version.
gsmith,
Have you read the entire thread as there are many issues with the contract not to mention the moral issues. I do not have a dog in this fight other than I can not stand DONG but I would love to see this go to court with a jury trail as I think that a jury would award prostock more than the $14,000. I would be willing to bet that bad business is DONG's way of business just by the argent attitude he brings to the forums.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by long duck dong
As for the rest of you..... Your looking totally at one perspective....

I had obligations to cover with my Fountain and Prostock had an obligation to cover with the Chris Cat..... When Prostock didnt cover his obligations on Friday when he was supposed to I had to scramble to cover my obligations to my Fountain by Monday. When he didnt contact me on Saturday or Sunday to let me know anything, what am I supposed to do loose my Fountain on Monday morning?.... .....

Yesterday, 10:23 AM #170
long duck dong
aka LDD
THE FACTS....

here are the FACTS...The date of purchase of my Fountain has nothing to do with the sale of the Chris Cat. I purchased the Fountain before Prostock offered to buy the Cat.

Contract was written to MY time frame on when I had to pay my loan on the Fountain....Prostock agreed and signed the deal.
In a previous post(#170), you said the sales had nothing to do with each other but then a few posts later(#295) you say they did.
It looks to me like you needed to sell the cat to pay the loan on the fountain. Poor planning on your part to purchase something you can't afford. I have never heard of a loan company coming to "repo" a boat because your payment was one day late!! You may of had a high interest accrue if payment wasn't recv'd by the due date but to completely "loose "the boat is a bit dramatic don't you think
Old 11-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brian41
gsmith,
Have you read the entire thread as there are many issues with the contract not to mention the moral issues. .
There is no issue with the contract....

FYI..

because Prostock sent wire transfers as specified in the contract, he was obviously in acceptance of it's written terms, no matter how poorly written he accepted it and the terms within it by abiding by its provisions... Then Noridc95 or Prostock cant remember which....posted that on the 2nd deposit he sent an additional $2k because he was going to pay it now or later, so he sent it then instead...
Old 11-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered

LDD, give the kid his $12K, say your sorry and never come back. Case closed
Old 11-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian41
gsmith,
Have you read the entire thread as there are many issues with the contract not to mention the moral issues. I do not have a dog in this fight other than I can not stand DONG but I would love to see this go to court with a jury trail as I think that a jury would award prostock more than the $14,000. I would be willing to bet that bad business is DONG's way of business just by the argent attitude he brings to the forums.
I completely agree! I think its chicken chit to not have made the deal happen on monday since he did not have a buyer in waiting. It would be one thing if another buyer came up and said if the first buyer don't come through than I will take it. This whole thing pisses me off. Why isn't prostock OVER there on monday morning saying give me my boat or money back or I'm going to kick the chit out off you. And why isn't ldd calling prostock and telling him to come get his money because he don't want no problems. This whole thing stinks! Its like we are not hearing the whole story or these guys are from different planets.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

The alternative is court and if it goes to court this thread is a great case for a slander counter suit......Its your choice, the ball is in YOUR court.....not everyone else's....its easy to spend everyone else's money on legal counsel, court fee's, and so on....
First and foremost thinking that a insignificant forum thread is going to be enough for a slander case is a laugh....There were no threats to you and the internet is basically free roam from a typing stand point....

Second I find this...

"its easy to spend everyone else's money on legal counsel, court fee's, and so on...."

Funny.....you should deff know about spending others people's money...

In a sad way LDD I feel bad for you....I've been through a divorce myself and times can be rough...After seeing you do this to others on a different site I can't be sure, but if you used the money and "did this" because you badly needed it, WHICH STILL DOESN"T CONDONE IT" I could see maybe why....

but most people with a heart would give the money back in this situation....you keep telling him to man up..maybe you should?

As for the point about people not making payments on a boat and the bank taking it and selling it for more, giving the small difference back....That has no relevance here...That is for someone who outright OWES the bank money....If the contract failed you had the right to sell the boat right away. You still had to refund the rest of the $12,000 to prostock...it says nowhere that was non-refundable!

The correct thing and MATURE thing for you to do in this situation was to call him up and discuss an extension of the contract date...maybe he couldn't make his payment by that day due to some unfortunate reasons...this could have been solved so many ways and only now are you willing to "talk" per say....Hire a lawyer...Go put up your case...and let's hope America's justice dept does what it was put into place to do...help people solve disputes with each other....

I think you would both be smart and your lawyers would agree to leave this off the boards now! Goodluck to both of you.....

and when this is done LDD...you will no longer be "welcome" on these boards....the petition has started! People can join the petition by writing on this board "add me to the petition"...That is how we will keep this topic alive

Last edited by cauzmik; 11-08-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
It looks to me like ldd owes prostock $5100. If your car is repoed for failing to uphold your end of the contract and pay off ,than the bank will sell and if money is made above the owed price than that money is returned. Thats the simple version.
Exactly.... Nothing more, nothing less......
Except the bank doesn't repo your car 3 days after you miss a payment...
Old 11-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead
LDD, give the kid his $12K, say your sorry and never come back. Case closed
My thoughts exactly
Old 11-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered

There is no issue with the contract....

FYI..

because Prostock sent wire transfers as specified in the contract, he was obviously in acceptance of it's written terms, no matter how poorly written he accepted it and the terms within it by abiding by its provisions... Then Noridc95 or Prostock cant remember which....posted that on the 2nd deposit he sent an additional $2k because he was going to pay it now or later, so he sent it then instead...
How do you sleep at night?...
Old 11-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I've been reading this story since this all started .I feel money is hard to come by right now. If it was me I would give it back so if that meant you couldn't boat because you were doing the right thing so be it. A friend of mine bought the boat from LLD and I know that if it wasn't priced as cheap as it was he wouldn't of bought it so it seems to me that you would of lost the fountain anyway. Do the right thing and give him his money back .

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.