88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-11-2008, 04:46 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Can someone send me an email or a PM when this is settled???

I've read the facts that have been posted and I've formed an opinion. I'm really interested in knowing the final outcome and not all the BS in between.

DITTO!!!! put me on that PM list too.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not inclined to go back through this thread and find it, but where was it determined that LDD damaged the boat at the ramp? I thought it was only the trailer that was damaged by being dropped off the edge of the ramp.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fabricator
I'm not inclined to go back through this thread and find it, but where was it determined that LDD damaged the boat at the ramp? I thought it was only the trailer that was damaged by being dropped off the edge of the ramp.
If you follow the link in post #347 you will see the damage to the boat
Old 11-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered

Okeeedokee...........
Wow.......... and to think I almost..... ALMOST... thought about looking into buying that boat whan I saw it come on the market.... I've always had a thing for Chris Cats. I think I'll stick to my Whaler for now
Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 PM

My 2-1/2 cents

Everybody seems to be on the side of the so called "victim" here. I'm on the side of "whats right". Read every painfully ignorant piece of this thread. Duck owes ole boy the five grand and some change refund of the difference and thats it. All ya all that say the boat sold for more it's "put up or shut up" show some proof of the deal or quit making bogus claims. Now for the "victim" 1. You started to buy a boat sight unseen and without a survey. There was some chatter that you asked the donger to get it surveyed for you and he didn't. You NEVER EVER trust a seller's survey!!! You hire your own surveyor period!!! 2. You signed that "please break me off" contract. For all ya all sea lawyers on the site he was not under duress to sign the contract he signed it of his own free will & stupidity. So do not expect the judge to attempt to put the tooth paste back in the tube. 3. He failed to comply with the contract that he himself signed off on. Offering to pay up a day or 2 late doesn't cut it. One second past midnight of the deadline and ole boy was in breach of the contract and subject to it's terms. If ya had cold feet over the dock rash, by all means complete the deal then turn around and sue the donger over misrepresenting the condition of the boat. But by all means read item #1 of this post first. All things said it's an under $50k boat you should've rolled on the donger with cash in hand. Check the boat & THE PAPERWORK!!! "Dock Rash?" sit down and haggle over it. Pay up & take the boat and paperwork with you. The lawyers are involved? You just might end up losing more money. Lawyer should've been involved when the two of you were busy making that "please break me off" contract. Your lawyer would've told you your an idiot if you sign this. In all fairness donger owes ole boy the difference which pends on what the "proven" sale price of the boat was. It's a known fact that boats often sell for a lot more than what the bill of sale says. The bill of sale is often undervalued to commit tax evasion. Good luck on trying to prove that cause niether party to that transaction is gonna say anything contrary because it would be confessing to a criminal act. All things said the buyer didn't do his due diligence and signed off on a "please break me off" contract and donger took advantage of the situation. For all ya all that are saying sic the law on the donger? If the donger can prove that he made a an offer to refund "THE DIFFERENCE" (obviously a lot less than what the buyer wants back) the donger is off the hook with the law and the buyer is on the hook for making a false statement to the popo. This is one of the cases where you want to stay on the civil side of the courthouse. However if at the end of the day the civil court judge determines there was "criminal activity" the judge is bound to report the criminal activity to the proper authorities. All said because of all the money moving around the marine industry on all levels is just one big snake pit. Always put your chaps on before you step in but even then one of em will find a way to bite you. In closing this whole chit storm is kinda of one sided when if you step back and look at it both parties have a pile of dirty laundry. According to the whole story posted in the end the donger offered to refund the difference and buyer refused cause he feels like it's not enough. Well a judge is gonna have to decide what "enough" is. Don't be surprised if the judge finds donger's refund offer proper and finds your law suit "frivolous" and jacks you for the donger's legal fees. It could go that way. It could go that way. Remember both side's lawyers are gonna tell their client they can win the this but in the end one side is gonna lose. This means there is a 50% chance your lawyer is wrong!!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Umm... no... two lawyers each telling a client that they are right does not actually translate to a 50/50 chance of successful litigation. Y'all.
The evidence and existing contract law have something to do with it. The used car salesman's contract won't be viewed favorably.
No matter how niave the victim may have been. Y'all.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29Firefox
Everybody seems to be on the side of the so called "victim" here. I'm on the side of ......SNIP..... one side is gonna lose. This means there is a 50% chance your lawyer is wrong!!
Interesting take on this situation.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

If I tell Fabricator that he is NOT going to win the lotto, and he tells me that I am NOT going to win the lotto.... we each have a 50/50 chance.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been on this board for some time now and actually I purchased my present boat off this very site from another member. All our transactions went well and we still email each other even a year after the purchase to keep up with things like how the boat is running and telling each other our tall tales.
We actually became friends..................(hi Todd)

I can't imagine a guy like this LDD and the way he is conducting himself, hiding behind a photocopied piece of paper and claiming rictousness from this parchment? WTF?

Do the right thing man and give the guy back his money you )(*&^%$#!

UNBELIEVEABLE!

I even went to the links which were posted by others in this site, and by the way thank you to those individuals who posted them, regarding the other scams this LDD is pulling to keep all of us informed, like the speakers he took money for and never delivered and the other boat that he tried to sell that he never owned.
I saw the pics of his house over on the boatfreaks site that he claims he now owns and his lavish life style. We can see now how he can afford such oppulance....by scamming others!
This guy is unbelieveable and I wonder how he sleeps at night? I would be worried some guy might walk up to me and put a bullet in my head if I conducted matters in the same way this guys does?

my two cents..........................................:fo od-smiley-007:

Last edited by Stinger390X; 11-11-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

I also bought my boat through this site from a dealer in Florida. After a number of conversations and many pictures, I sent him a deposit and flew down there. The dealer was fantastic and the boat (Powerplay) was everything he said it was. We took it out for a test on the water and finalized the deal.

Smooth as silk.

You see ldd, that seller had character and integrity. Two words you know nothing about.

Last edited by Powerplay25; 11-11-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.