11.98%
Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-24-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both sides need to man up!!!

So I guess the lynch mob is still in favor of not holding both parties to their word. Donger drew up a smelly contract but Pro Boy was an idiot to sign and not fully comply with. So we just let Pro Boy off cause he is too stupid to read and comprehend what he is signing? Donger owes Pro Boy a refund of what ever is above & beyond the original agreed upon price between Donger & Pro Boy. The lynch mob be hollering about Donger needing to man up? How about Pro Boy better man up to what he himself signed off on! Pro Boy got cold feet over the dock rash? COMPLETE the terms of the contract! Then sue Donger for false representation and make him pay for the repairs! I'd be right up there hollering for Donger to make right under those terms. But sign a contract and then not follow through? That ain't right either. Theres chit on both ends of the stick but the lynch mob is only sniffing on one end
Old 11-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 29Firefox
So I guess the lynch mob is still in favor of not holding both parties to their word. Donger drew up a smelly contract but Pro Boy was an idiot to sign and not fully comply with. So we just let Pro Boy off cause he is too stupid to read and comprehend what he is signing? Donger owes Pro Boy a refund of what ever is above & beyond the original agreed upon price between Donger & Pro Boy. The lynch mob be hollering about Donger needing to man up? How about Pro Boy better man up to what he himself signed off on! Pro Boy got cold feet over the dock rash? COMPLETE the terms of the contract! Then sue Donger for false representation and make him pay for the repairs! I'd be right up there hollering for Donger to make right under those terms. But sign a contract and then not follow through? That ain't right either. Theres chit on both ends of the stick but the lynch mob is only sniffing on one end

That is becasue if I am buying a house and I put down a deposit and my financing is a little late coming in, how often will the seller just go out and sell the house to another party..... NOT often if ever. This guy offered to pay for the boat just 1 working and 3 callender days after the "contract" expired and Donger told him to go pound sand. He then waited weeks to sell it by other means (ebay.....). He (donger) should have taken the money from Prostock at that point and this deal would have been over. Instead he sold the boat to some one else with no way for anyone to varify how much he really sold it for and prostock is left holding the bag. LDD complains that Pro did not get in touch with him for 3 days... well didn't his phone work? He should have worked things out with Prostock BEFORE he sold the boat to another person.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 AM

What would you do?

Originally Posted by Audiofn
That is becasue if I am buying a house and I put down a deposit and my financing is a little late coming in, how often will the seller just go out and sell the house to another party..... NOT often if ever. This guy offered to pay for the boat just 1 working and 3 callender days after the "contract" expired and Donger told him to go pound sand. He then waited weeks to sell it by other means (ebay.....). He (donger) should have taken the money from Prostock at that point and this deal would have been over. Instead he sold the boat to some one else with no way for anyone to varify how much he really sold it for and prostock is left holding the bag. LDD complains that Pro did not get in touch with him for 3 days... well didn't his phone work? He should have worked things out with Prostock BEFORE he sold the boat to another person.
Just answer me one simple question! If Donger had sent you that contract would you have signed it?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Just answer me one simple question! If Donger had sent you that contract would you have signed it?
Some what loaded question

If I had intended to buy the boat and I knew I had the money then why not. As I understand it (and I could be wrong), the issue came up with the undisclosed damage to the boat from the ramp issue that pro saw on another site. Other then that Pro had up to that time made all payments on time (even paid more then the required payments).
Old 11-24-2008, 08:32 AM

Its that simple...

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Some what loaded question

If I had intended to buy the boat and I knew I had the money then why not. As I understand it (and I could be wrong), the issue came up with the undisclosed damage to the boat from the ramp issue that pro saw on another site. Other then that Pro had up to that time made all payments on time (even paid more then the required payments).
I think you & I are the same..... no way in hell would either of us sign that contract. In my post I said finish the contract then sue over the dock rash. That simple! What Pro Boy did was slap some KY between his cheeks (sign the contract). Then bend over and grab his ankles (not comply with the contract).
Old 11-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think I speak for most people on here when i say that this is an issue of human morality. There is a right and wrong thing to do here regardless of what contracts were signed.

I think most people would do "the right thing" and refund the 12k. contract or no contract, he's a thief in my book.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you & I are the same..... no way in hell would either of us sign that contract. In my post I said finish the contract then sue over the dock rash. That simple! What Pro Boy did was slap some KY between his cheeks (sign the contract). Then bend over and grab his ankles (not comply with the contract).
What Pro Boy did was slap some KY between his cheeks Then bend over and grab his ankles ...

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you know prostock personally ????
Old 11-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

I could have gone all week with out that picture being painted

It is always hard to buy a boat or anything like this when you are not face to face. I drove from MA to VA to look at a Donzi. I asked him very specific questions about the condition of the boat. He said what I wanted to hear and I jumped in my truck with my brother and drove 12 hours down there. When I got to his house I thought it was a joke. The boat was a total POS and everything that I had asked him about the boat he had lied about. I was pissed to say the leaste and told him that I would not take the boat if he gave it to me. Then I had a nice 12 hour drive home with out the boat in tow. It amazes me what sellers think that they can get away with. With out seeing the boat first hand I would have wanted a back out clause in there in case I found something like what happened in this case of course (trailer and hull damage). From the contract it is not spelled out what the cause of action would be IF pro did not come through with the monies.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1)You also have to remeber that the damage was not disclosed to Prostock and he didnt find it on another web till just a day or two before the finale payment was made.

2)LDD also never followed thru with a survey that was promised before the contract end.

3)LDD and Prostock spoke via e-mail the next day SATURDAY and LDD told Prostock that they could continue the dealings on Monday because it was fathersday weekend and LDD had things to do with his kid.I Have the e-mail LDD so dont make a fool of yourself again!!!!

4) The contract was signed because he had the funds to buy the boat and had all intensions of doing so till the issues arose.

5) So LDD you admit on a public forum that the money is no issue.Then why do you need a payment plan?????

Anthony
Old 11-24-2008, 08:50 AM

Time to be fair!!!

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
I think I speak for most people on here when i say that this is an issue of human morality. There is a right and wrong thing to do here regardless of what contracts were signed.

I think most people would do "the right thing" and refund the 12k. contract or no contract, he's a thief in my book.
What is the right thing? We just let Pro Boy walk on his responsibilities? In my book people who break contracts are just as bad as thieves!

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.