Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
LDD, how much did the backup buyer/new owner pay for the 30' Chris Cat boat with drives, engines and trailer? This is a fair question that should be answered.
This is a legitimite question but not inthis case.Heres why,

A contract was signed by LDD for a 32 fountain one week before Prostock sent him a deposit for the 30' cat.This loan was a high interest 30 day note that had to be paid in 30 days.This is why LDD listed the cat for sale in the first place so that he hoped to sell it and pay off the debt.Then when Prostock showed interest in the cat LDD drew up the time line of the contract so that he would have the money in hand in time to pay his previos debt off.So the day after the contract ended and the last payment was not made because of questionable damage that was not disclosed,a payment was offered in full so not to lose the 2000.00 deposit.Further dealing were denied by LDD because it was past the due date.Now LDD had to short sale the boat to pay off his previos loan so as not to get hit with interest.I dont understand why he just didnt eccept the offer in full and we would never be here.SO the short sale on the boat should not be held against Prostock!!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would be sooo afraid of guy that wrote a contract like that, he just means to get you, i flew to Texas to buy my boat what a stand up guy that i bought the boat from, i just have a saying , what goes around comes around, u must feel good about keeping some 1 dead dads money, i hope u feel Proud !!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long Duck Dong agreed to buy a new 26 Joker from me. Told me the deposit was on the way , deposit never sent. He then put MY 26 Joker on e-bay with no reserve(he never owned it). It went cheap to some poor soul and the guy that won the bid never got his boat. I tried to warn you guy's last year but the thread got deleted!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been reading this thread and I feel really bad for Prostock I understand LDD is going through a divorce and times might be tight but after reading LDD's posts over on BF and seeing pics of his new bachelor pad and seeing the $ he seems to have why wouldnt he just send back the entire 14k.

check out his thread !!!!!

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=11558
Old 11-06-2008, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
Two words:

"Undue Enrichment."
Actually its unjust enrichment, and you are correct. In my personal opinion, and not offered as legal advice, I would argue that the clause is a penalty and not liquidated damages and that as such, the same would not be enforceable in many jurisdictions. I do not know where this transaction took place, and I do not know the laws of other jurisdictions, but I can attest for the fact that it is a general principle of law that courts do not favor penalties in contracts nor will they enforce a contract where one party is unjustly enriched. I agree with many on this board, that LDD should return the money, LESS a REASONABLE retainage for liquidated damages (which could be measured as the difference between the original sales price and the Ebay price received, if any).

PS85 - talk with an attorney in your state or the state in which the boat was being sold. You may have a cause of action.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nordic95
This is a legitimite question but not inthis case.Heres why,

So the day after the contract ended and the last payment was not made because of questionable damage that was not disclosed,a payment was offered in full so not to lose the 2000.00 deposit.Further dealing were denied by LDD because it was past the due date.

You have got to be kidding!

I bet he was praying for that day to come w/o payment in full.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-...ed-time-3.html

READ THIS. RIPS OFF MORE KIDS!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
You have got to be kidding!

I bet he was praying for that day to come w/o payment in full.
Sounds the same... but it is spelled "preying."
Old 11-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I cant beleive this!!!!!! 5 more victims.Somone needs to stop this guy.....
Old 11-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Time to come clean Steve Thomas - Long Duck Dong , Extreme ReMarketing`, Pay the kid his 14 grand and take care of these 5 kids you ripped off! Just admit wrong , get your check book out and make good!

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.