Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wait till everyone is back from Key West, Ill bet this will go to 800 post in no time.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
Well then throw us another piece of evidance to keep the ball rolling!!
I forgot what we were all talking about
Old 11-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered

found online
Attached Thumbnails Long Duck Dong-duck.jpg  
Old 11-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Gentlemen,

for those of you that don't know, I am the Admin of Boatfreaks. I feel that I need to clear up a few misconceptions about what has been going on here with reference to our board.

1. To Prostock. I hope that you worded the above quoted post wrong, because BF's had NOTHING to do with your dealing with LDD. Is he a member and poster there? Yes. same as he is here. But Boatfreaks had nothing to do with this boat deal, good bad or otherwise.

2. To Laken. Believe me, LDD is not being "protected" on Boatfreaks. I requested that people not start a similiar thread on BF's to this one here that has more than 400 posts.

Why did I request that a thread on BF's not be started? The reason is, that I have been involved with this matter since before there was even a thread on OSO. Anthony (Nordic 95) and I have been in constant contact over the last week or so about this deal. I have also been in contact with LDD over the same time frame about this deal. In the beginning, it looked like there was a possibility of a settlement, which would have ended this before it began. We know now that did not happen. We are also aware now, that the lawyers are involved in this, and it is going to go forward from there. As I and just about everyone that has posted on this thread are NOT lawyers, none of us are qualified to make legal judgements on this deal.

As far as the moral issues involved, I've made my personal opinion clear to Anthony and LDD that I think the deal was wrong, and that the money should not have been kept.

With that being said, I would ask that you respect the members of Boatfreaks, and not start posts and threads there about this issue.

To make sure that our members are aware of this situation, I have done a thread on Boatfreaks referencing this with a link to this thread. That way they can read it if they wish to, and form theiir own opinions.

If anyone wishes to contact me on this, I can be PM'ed or emailed through Boatfreaks.

Thansk!

Zone 5
Adminstrator
www.boatfreaks.org
Zone
You as the administrator have seen people come and go. What really irks me is someone that signs into web sites to gain peoples trust and promote biz. There is nothing wrong with this practice however when the Fred Cecil's of the world screw people after they earn the respect from members have alot to be desired. I am sure you are monitoring LDD's actions on your site but charactor's in this league need to be stopped. I have done transactions with members here and have always had a good feedback. Only got burned once when I first signed up. As a consumer I will always research via google. LDD did not burn me but what someone needs to do is start a thread with his personel and biz name to allow "buyer beware" and the thread NOT to be poofed to let the consumer be the judge.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok so let me see the time line is something like this. Cliff Notes version...

1) LDD and buyer strike a deal on the boat

2) LDD draws up a contract that favor HIS interests much more then the buyer.

3) Buyer sees that the boat was damaged at the ramp while launching as was the trailer

4) Buyer asks for a survey from LDD and never gets it. LDD assures him that it was sent but never does.

5) Buyer gets cold feet because LDD is not providing the requested information.

6) The final payment is not sent on time (or ever)

7) LDD talks to the buyer 3 days after the final payment was due and tells him to pound sand even though the buyer offers to pay the balance when he gets down there to actually see the boat.

8) LDD puts the boat up for sale again on ebay. He waites for the auction to end how ever many days later and accepts a little over 17K for the boat that he sold the original buyer for almost 30K

9) LDD never offers to send the difference of the sale price back to buyer untill much later when he is confronted by others.

10) The confusing part is that it seems that the Ebay buyers did not buy the boat either and there are other people that got screwed out of the boat.

11) Buyer seemingly is going to take the lesson learned and vanish into obscurity and not go after LDD as he does not have the means to bring the suit.

12) Buyer in cassuall conversation with other board memebers tells the story and the other members get involved.

13) LDD puts up a post on OSO and tells the story and does not like what people so he deletes the thread.

14) New thread is up and we are finding out that LDD scammed others on the boat, deal gone bad with Joker, speaker deal gone bad.......

LDD honestly how can you not see the pattern. If you do not loose this case I will be shocked. First you can not take that much of a deposit and just decide to sell the boat for the balance owed. You have to get fair market value. The judge is not going to see fair market value of the boat at about half of what you agreed on with the origial buyer. Ebay does not get you fair market value on things such as boats. This IMO would fall under deciptfull practices and may depending on your state allow for tripple damages. LDD the funy part is that once they file the case your credit is going to be ruined and you will not be able to run the business as you have as you will not be able to get a loan with the dings on your credit. This is going to cost you HUGE. Forget about it being the correct or not thing to do, paying him back is likely the cheapest thing. I find it funny that you get involved in everyone elses dealings acting like a strong arm guy and then you screw people ten times worse. You are of the same ilk as Fred from Trick and a number of the other con artists that these boards have seen.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Ok so let me see the time line is something like this. Cliff Notes version...

1) LDD and buyer strike a deal on the boat

2) LDD draws up a contract that favor HIS interests much more then the buyer.

3) Buyer sees that the boat was damaged at the ramp while launching as was the trailer

4) Buyer asks for a survey from LDD and never gets it. LDD assures him that it was sent but never does.

5) Buyer gets cold feet because LDD is not providing the requested information.

6) The final payment is not sent on time (or ever)

7) LDD talks to the buyer 3 days after the final payment was due and tells him to pound sand even though the buyer offers to pay the balance when he gets down there to actually see the boat.

8) LDD puts the boat up for sale again on ebay. He waites for the auction to end how ever many days later and accepts a little over 17K for the boat that he sold the original buyer for almost 30K

9) LDD never offers to send the difference of the sale price back to buyer untill much later when he is confronted by others.

10) The confusing part is that it seems that the Ebay buyers did not buy the boat either and there are other people that got screwed out of the boat.

11) Buyer seemingly is going to take the lesson learned and vanish into obscurity and not go after LDD as he does not have the means to bring the suit.

12) Buyer in cassuall conversation with other board memebers tells the story and the other members get involved.

13) LDD puts up a post on OSO and tells the story and does not like what people so he deletes the thread.

14) New thread is up and we are finding out that LDD scammed others on the boat, deal gone bad with Joker, speaker deal gone bad.......

LDD honestly how can you not see the pattern. If you do not loose this case I will be shocked. First you can not take that much of a deposit and just decide to sell the boat for the balance owed. You have to get fair market value. The judge is not going to see fair market value of the boat at about half of what you agreed on with the origial buyer. Ebay does not get you fair market value on things such as boats. This IMO would fall under deciptfull practices and may depending on your state allow for tripple damages. LDD the funy part is that once they file the case your credit is going to be ruined and you will not be able to run the business as you have as you will not be able to get a loan with the dings on your credit. This is going to cost you HUGE. Forget about it being the correct or not thing to do, paying him back is likely the cheapest thing. I find it funny that you get involved in everyone elses dealings acting like a strong arm guy and then you screw people ten times worse. You are of the same ilk as Fred from Trick and a number of the other con artists that these boards have seen.
CORRECTIONS:

3a) LDD did not tell prostock about any of the damages, prostock read about the damage and saw the damages in pictures posted on Boatfreaks AFTER he had send the 14k

8a) LDD listed the boat on ebay, made a side deal with a guy for 18k, screwed him out of that as well and sold it off ebay to an unkown guy for $20,600

Scumbag!!?? where y'at LDD?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered

Aren't penalties more severe for internet fraud? Plus across state lines, and wire transfers???
Old 11-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered

Whats LDD's name?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Steve(n) Thomas
Old 11-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

Prostock and Nordic95, I'm curious if you have discussed this with your sheriff or Federal Marshall? I would say there is a good chance they could come up with a few charges against him! I would check it out for this reason(an experience I had).

I was buying stuff from a guy I met on ebay. Was kindda too good to be true but he was in my home state so I knew I had easy recourse. Well after a little time it happened and the guy was into me for over 3K. Kept stringing me along and then bam....filed bankruptcy on me and several others.

I went to my sheriff's office and we pressed charges(theft by deception,etc.) 2 days before his court date I got a call from his lawyer. Funds were overnighted and case was settled. If LDD files bankruptcy you may loose quite a bit. If he stands the chance of jailtime you might be surprised how quick that 14K will appear!

Of course you could be doin it Vegas style and hoping for tripple damages! Seriously, I bet there is some criminal intent in this deal and a case could be made if you wish to press charges.

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.