Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
dude, if you think thats "college" you need to take a long hard look at who runs this site and who runs that site. In the last year I've had more drive time in an offshore boat than two of those SOS moderators combined, that includes the owner of SOS.

As for this mess.............I'll stay out of it, let the big boys handle their own problems.
How much seat time do you think IB has?? And what does that have to do with running a web site?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,
I have a few comments to make. You might not like where i will go this, but I think you need to take a long hard look at what has happened and the people you have hurt along the way.
First off do you REALLY comprehend the amount of money we are talking about....its not $40.00.. $400.00..$1400.00.....WE ARE TALKING........$14,000.00 (FOURTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS) !!

This is blood money, money that this boys father left him so he can buy his dream...... A boat!!!

Do you realize the hurt you have put onto him!!! do you even care?? Sure prostock was embarrassed...he just lost the money that was left to him! I'm not even sure its embarrassment...probably more in the likes of I just lost the something my "dad" left me...!

But whats so sad about this whole thing is, I think I know what happened in the course of that weekend, when you didn't here from prostock. You must have been counting down the days.. hours... minutes...when he didn't call, thinking YOU have him on a "contractual infringement"........HE DIDN'T MAKE THE DEAD LINE!!!!!! I can here you now, counting down the minutes.... like New years eve!!! 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 !!!!!!! And he has (in your mind no recourse)!! Im now $14,000.00 richer!!!!!!

I think everyone has been fair to you, trying to explain the "ethical" point of view, the point of view"of doing the right thing" The point of view of being a human being!! But that doesn't matter...you have a breach of contract! "Its business" you say!

You said to not bring in your family! But your family will find out! They will find out in court! They will discover what you did ! Your kids will "learn" that doing the right thing takes back seat to...greed, arrogance, self indulgence, I'm listening to a song right now by the Foo fighters. Its a song that means a lot to me!!! Its called "There goes my hero"!! Be a hero to your family...to your kids!! I'm a dad and I hope to god your kids don't learn what you have done...that there father is not a hero!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Connor
Steve,
I have a few comments to make. You might not like where i will go this, but I think you need to take a long hard look at what has happened and the people you have hurt along the way.
First off do you REALLY comprehend the amount of money we are talking about....its not $40.00.. $400.00..$1400.00.....WE ARE TALKING........$14,000.00 (FOURTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS) !!

This is blood money, money that this boys father left him so he can buy his dream...... A boat!!!

Do you realize the hurt you have put onto him!!! do you even care?? Sure prostock was embarrassed...he just lost the money that was left to him! I'm not even sure its embarrassment...probably more in the likes of I just lost the something my "dad" left me...!

But whats so sad about this whole thing is, I think I know what happened in the course of that weekend, when you didn't here from prostock. You must have been counting down the days.. hours... minutes...when he didn't call, thinking YOU have him on a "contractual infringement"........HE DIDN'T MAKE THE DEAD LINE!!!!!! I can here you now, counting down the minutes.... like New years eve!!! 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 !!!!!!! And he has (in your mind no recourse)!! Im now $14,000.00 richer!!!!!!

I think everyone has been fair to you, trying to explain the "ethical" point of view, the point of view"of doing the right thing" The point of view of being a human being!! But that doesn't matter...you have a breach of contract! "Its business" you say!

You said to not bring in your family! But your family will find out! They will find out in court! They will discover what you did ! Your kids will "learn" that doing the right thing takes back seat to...greed, arrogance, self indulgence, I'm listening to a song right now by the Foo fighters. Its a song that means a lot to me!!! Its called "There goes my hero"!! Be a hero to your family...to your kids!! I'm a dad and I hope to god your kids don't learn what you have done...that there father is not a hero!
VERY,VERY WELL SAID.

Anthony
Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the right thing; if (in your case) not even for the right reasons, just do it.
End this like a man.....
Old 11-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

over 27 000 views on this tread... unbelievable...
Old 11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
you dont have more seat time than me big baller...

i thought we had a nice talk, i thought we had an understanding......
I don't agree with what LDD did. Good luck to prostock in getting his money.

I'm not going to sit here and read posts dogging OSO like were a phucking JV football team. They can do that on their own website.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I don't agree with what LDD did. Good luck to prostock in getting his money.

I'm not going to sit here and read posts dogging OSO like were a phucking JV football team. They can do that on their own website.
i agree with ya, im not sure why some feel they need to mash peoples face in shi t, but ill tell ya its bull sh it.. the idea of why serious offshore was started wa not to put oso out of business, it was to have another place to go where someon gave a shi t, website, run by boaters... thats all, dont group everyone with this bull sh it thread... you and i had a good talk, you seem to alwasy be on the defence you should change that... you also have to understand there is a lot of emotions here, you are new on the scene.. you were not here when this place was in its prime, if you really care and want to understand do some searches find out that this place was it, there was no need to even go to antoher site..

before you take this so personally, relaize the time some have involved before your time....

thats all, let them talk, its not a personal attack on you, just the ones that have let it die away...

thats enough from me.....

i got ball breaking to get to... good talk, good talk....
Old 11-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

i agree with ya, im not sure why some feel they need to mash peoples face in shi t, but ill tell ya its bull sh it.. the idea of why serious offshore was started wa not to put oso out of business, it was to have another place to go where someon gave a shi t, website, run by boaters... thats all, dont group everyone with this bull sh it thread... you and i had a good talk, you seem to alwasy be on the defence you should change that... you also have to understand there is a lot of emotions here, you are new on the scene.. you were not here when this place was in its prime, if you really care and want to understand do some searches find out that this place was it, there was no need to even go to antoher site..

before you take this so personally, relaize the time some have involved before your time....

thats all, let them talk, its not a personal attack on you, just the ones that have let it die away...

Damn....

Sniffle...

Sniffle...

I feel like I need a hug.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RebarBox
Damn....

Sniffle...

Sniffle...

I feel like I need a hug.
dont be a puzzy, you have been hanging out too much with masher... he gets very emotional....
Old 11-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I hear ya, I've been through plenty of old threads, love the old apache threads..........especially the one when sunkin...............

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.