Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZP'd
No-one ever has said Prostock does not bear some burden for the sour grapes in this deal.
His biggest fault is being young, naive and TRUSTING of a fellow boater!
He should loose his 2K deposit and that will I'm sure teach him a lesson that there are people in this world who WILL take advantage of him and that have no problem operating thru the back door, while at the same time leaving the front door open just a crack.
Someone's true character has played out in this thread time and time again, just read. There is a snake in the grass in this deal and Prostock ain't it.
Thank God for this thread to out yet another TWO BIT SCAM ARTIST on OSO!
Why should he lose his deposite.

1) the boat was misrepresented and prostock had to find out about damages he was never told about through reading it and seeing pics on boatfreaks.

2) he attempted to pay in full monday, just one busness day after the contract expired

3) he was promised a survey by the seller and it never arrived, although he was told on numerous occasions by the seller it was on the way, or in the mail.

he should get all 14k back and then some
Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Is that the same boat? Looks like the price is dropping
That add does not have a date on it. I thing a broker bought it, sold it to someone, then the donger bought it. The guy who bought it from the broker probably found it needed work then sold it to donger. Donger probably found it needed work then went to sell it. That would explain why he never sent Prostock the survey, if one even existed. This is purely speculation on my part.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read that Extreme Remarketing was registered owner of the boat. If so then the contract to sell is null and void as the Donger didn't own the boat. Contract is a fraudulent document and is null and void.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's donger selling it on OSO. Notice the same pic of the boat that is in the other add I posted from a dif. seller?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...cat-cheap.html
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by 29Firefox
If it was a true matter of ethics you would have to admit that both Donger & Pro Boy are in the wrong. In this case it's not a case of ethics it's a case of as you said "It is simply a majority opinion." It's my opinion that there is fault in both parties. However the majority's opinion is that idiots should be protected from their own stupidity and we'll cover for them by putting all the blame on the other party. Go ahead, humor me! Would you have signed that contract?
I was not discussing percentages of fault on either party's behalf. I was discussing that at then end of this ordeal, the majority agree that Dong should return ProStock's money. That is the ethical thing to do. Even if ProStock was 100% wrong, I would return his money as most here would. I'm not into screwing people because they make mistakes.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tax_man
I just read that Extreme Remarketing was registered owner of the boat. If so then the contract to sell is null and void as the Donger didn't own the boat. Contract is a fraudulent document and is null and void.
I was under the impression that Steve Thomas was dba "extreme remarketing."
Contract has other issues, but not as many as Mr. Thomas.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
Why should he lose his deposite.

1) the boat was misrepresented and prostock had to find out about damages he was never told about through reading it and seeing pics on boatfreaks.

2) he attempted to pay in full monday, just one busness day after the contract expired

3) he was promised a survey by the seller and it never arrived, although he was told on numerous occasions by the seller it was on the way, or in the mail.

he should get all 14k back and then some

# 1 and 3 are what I am saying!! he should get the whole thing back. LDD broke the deal right there so no deposit should be lost
Old 11-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just received word that both parties are no where close to the same number figures.LDD is still claiming that waiting till Monday to discuss the deal after he sent PS a email on Saturday asking PS to wait till Monday because of fathersday Sunday caused him to lose thousands of dollars.Even if PS would have paid him on Monday via a wire transfer he would still be out thousands(so LDD claims).So he wants PS to make up the difference of what he could have sold the boat for and what he claims he actually sold the boat months later.He just doesnt get it.Its up to PS from here but if it was me i'd be on the phone today with the attorney,enough is enough.

Anthony

Last edited by nordic95; 11-24-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by danh63
# 1 and 3 are what I am saying!! he should get the whole thing back. LDD broke the deal right there so no deposit should be lost

If it was me personally I'd definetly give it all back! But since duck is not a person of character, there has to be some comprimise in order to end this nightmare and IMO only, that 2K should easily be the most comprimise Prostock should settle for.

Again a person of character would not think twice about refunding the whole 14K but this isn't what Prostock is dealing with.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Is that the same boat? Looks like the price is dropping
OLX seems to me to be the place that all the scammers hang out. I tried to contact a number of people selling stuff on that site and it was always a scam.

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.