Old 11-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a tool!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
MSD
Registered

Mikes280, my guess would be that the name OSO spelled correctly is already taken so he changed a letter to make it look like OSO.

offshoreonIy, you better do some more research, because multiple courts have already ruled that internet boards are not responsable for what the posters say. So IB is not going to be sued for anything.

for all the internet lawyers, you are all just guessing on the contract being legal or not. every states laws are different, so what is legal in Alabama is not always legal in some other state. If you are an Alabama lawyer that deals in contracts than you would most likely know the answer. If you are not one, than you don't know and should stop guessing. As someone said, the law is not always black and white.

just because most of us believe that ldd should give the money back, doesn't mean that Alabama law says so, and right or wrong, that is really all that matters. If ldd gave back all the money right now, nothing would change as far as how any of you feel about him, so what reason does he have to give it back? His reputation is mud, and its going to stay that way if he gives nothing, or if he gave the whole $14K back. As far as screwing up his life, legit crooks like National Marine and Trick Marine are still running around out there, and they both took far more than 14,000. I have never seen either of them taken to court yet. Somewhere it says that ldd has offered PS
some money. PS says that he wants to pay all the lawyer bills. What ever amount ldd is offering is probably more money than PS is going to get than if this goes to court. and he would get it a lot sooner. this could be in court for a long long time.

prostock is far from the "innocent" buyer here. he signed a stupid contract, and then waited months to say anything about it. being in his late 20's makes him far more than a "kid" as some of you have called him. The fact that he "trusted" the seller has nothing to do with being stupid and sending that much money sight unseen to someone that he only knew from the internet.

Everytime ldd posts, dozens of people add to this thread, which is like pouring gas on a fire. If you ignore his posts, he will stop posting. Right now, if no lawyers are involved, than ldd and PS should be the only ones talking, in private. If lawyers are involved, than they should be doing all the talking.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good gawd. this is a goat rodeo!

LDD is being an azz no doubt. But now Prostock is making the same empty ""give you to the end of the day" threat he gave weeks ago.
I'm not sure which is worse.

Prostock, wake up and man up! chit or get off the pot!
Get a lawyer and get your money back or drop it and move on.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

Notice the low post count of the only ones on this thread who stuck up for ding dong.

offshore - 6 posts

msd - 4 posts

Smells a little fishy wouldn't you say?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:46 PM
MSD
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerplay25
Notice the low post count of the only ones on this thread who stuck up for ding dong.

offshore - 6 posts

msd - 4 posts

Smells a little fishy wouldn't you say?
In the first place, what does my post count have to do with anything?

In the 2nd place, I have been a member of OSO for more than 2 years. Its not like I just registered to post on this thread

and most important, which post of mine did you read where I stuck up for ldd? I didn't stick up for anyone.

I think they both made stupid decisions!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am now dumber, having read this entire thread. This is the boat business! You don't give money for a boat sight-unseen! I'm 31 and have been around this business since I was 18 and even then, I wouldn't give money for a boat sight-unseen. Even so, the seller not informing you on the final day of the contract, that the contract is about to expire and asking you what you want do is a shi$$y way to do business. I, personally, always outline with the person, that I am doing business with, what will happen if payment is not received in a timely manner. But, then again, I have integrity and a name to uphold.

I understand that things come up and sometimes a deal may be a few weeks late. But, if you can't get away from work or other personal issues to take care of your $14,000 deal, how much did you really care about the deal? You really should have checked this guy out a little closer and handle the deal face-to-face. Its the best way to do business. I and a buddy of mine was involved in a deal with Fred Cecil in 2002 on a 28 Pantera. He came up from SC, looked the boat over, haggled a little, paid for the boat, and hauled it home. Two weeks later, he calls me and says he blew a drive and wants us to send him another one. After some fighting about it, we send him another bravo drive. The boat was sold as is. A month goes by and he calls again saying he blew another drive. He called me everything but a white man on this board during both incidents. Against better judgment, we send another drive. My buddy and I didn't want the bad press. I called Fred and asked him to send me the blown drives back so that I could get them redone. He told me to get FUCT! I made a big stink about it here on OSO but, he was well liked here at the time. Point is, most of the time, its cheaper and easier to take it on the chin than fight the battle of getting your integrity back. You just never know how things will turn out.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:50 AM
Registered

dumb dumb duck can't be banned from this site soon enough. He's already shown his colors and belongs on top of the OSO wall of shame. It's a easy vote to rid this community of a obvious snake in the grass.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered

WOW, LDD is so damn cocky at this point that even though he is 110% slimeball he has gotten ballzy due to all the empty threats both legal or other.

ProS you have to step up and make a move, this POS is not going to wake up one morning and grow principles and send your money. He is actually getting pumped up by being the bad guy. He has flat out stated he is getting off on stirring everyone up.

Stand up for yourself bro.

LDD I would not get to brave, you keep egging everyone on and somebody that may not even have nothing to do with this situation at all may just decide to make an example of you and put their foot in your ass, or worse. Don't gloat over being a get over sc*m bag, it may bite you back hard financially or other.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

Cool

LDD I would not get to brave, you keep egging everyone on and somebody that may not even have nothing to do with this situation at all may just decide to make an example of you and put their foot in your ass, or worse. Don't gloat over being a get over sc*m bag, it may bite you back hard financially or other.[/QUOTE]

One can only hope!.....I believe in karma and have experienced it on the positive side. It is not enough just to believe in the Lord; gratitude is an action word.
Patience and Faith.....but get off your butt, Prostock, and apply some pressure.

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.