88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

LDD gives used car dealers a bad name.

One problem with the Internet is that it gives people a tremendous head start on ripping people off. I've pretty much stopped looking at Craig's List and Ebay, although Ebay continues to be one of the best ways to deal. I try hard to support my local businesses and deal face to face now. If I have a problem, I know they're still around (mostly).

In a community like this and the many other boating communities online, I find it amazing that scumbuckets doing business and ripping people off are at the same time supported by many members. That is, until the hammer drops and the final verdict is in. It's only continued threads like this that the scumbuckets are weeded out. The sad part is when forums pull threads because they think it might hurt their coveted advertiser's business, or maybe they're even personal friends.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
The morals are out the window just look at our government leaders They set the tone for us and they all are stealing money from us and using it to fund there lifestyle not to save Americas lifestyle

This guy (LLD) is just one more in the many that continues to dumb down our country

The litigation will start and the only ones walking away with money is the lowest form of moral corruption (lawyers)

Well said. In the end the only winners will be the lawyers.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by prostock85
Fire, in a complete unbias way, answer this. What would you do in my situation??? What do you think is right? In both our shoes (ldd and mine). You seem rather intelligent, I look forward to your reply.
I would've rolled up in person flashed the cash and haggled over the dock rash. Had I have signed the contract (Not a snowball's chance in Key West) and later found out about the dock rash I would've completed the contract on time got the boat then take the Donger to small claims over the dock rash. It would've been a slam dunk with the web adds not showing the damage. Problem is if the small claims max award would've covered the damage or not. But it would've been a no lawyers fees involved $5000 in your pocket. The term no one here has hit on is "betterment" if you end up in court the judge is gonna rule so that neither party gets betterment over the other. The Donger stands up and says "I gotta signed contract and he failed to comply. I latter sold the boat at a loss." You can throw out all the arguments that everyone here has suggested and basically the judge is gonna look at it and pick out the fact that you paid $14k and didn't get anything. The judge is also gonna take into account your actions involving "contractual responsibilities". If the judge gives you all your money back it gives you betterment over the Donger. Doing so would leave the door open for the Donger to sue you for his losses. The judge is going to rule in a way to shut down all the litigation. If the judge lets the Donger keep all the money then the Donger gets betterment over you because he ends up with more money than the original deal. The judge is gonna have the Donger fess up proof of the latter sale and add that to the amount of the retained funds subtract the original agreed upon sale price and rule against the Donger in that amount. No betterment on either side (even though it seems not so) case closed. At this point in time if the Donger offers anything more than the difference take it and run at least it will go in your pocket and not some lawyer's. He might want you to sign a "hold harmless agreement" before he forks over the refund. If so, make sure it goes both ways and protects you too.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered

The amount LDD sold the boat for to a party after his dealings with Prostock has no bearing on the monies Prostock will receive back from LDD for their supposed transaction.

That was LDD's choice to sell it to someone else for less.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by bmanafort
Firefox,
I think the bigger issue in this thread is not the contract, it is where peoples morals are these days. LDD should know keeping all that money is not right and if he doesnt than he is a damaged human being.
Originally Posted by danh63
I agree! It seems like he would do anything to screw someone over. My dad was like that. He died a lonely old man
It's called "Karma" and Karma is a bi tch

Last edited by 29Firefox; 12-11-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Powerplay25
Well said. In the end the only winners will be the lawyers.
Ya hit the nail dead smack on the head
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Powerplay25
The amount LDD sold the boat for to a party after his dealings with Prostock has no bearing on the monies Prostock will receive back from LDD for their supposed transaction.

That was LDD's choice to sell it to someone else for less.
Your still missing the point. The Donger can claim that he was damaged by the fact that Pro failed to comply with his "contractual responsibilities" and the "damage" would be the difference between the agreed upon price and the actual sale price. You can say it isn't so a million times but that fact isn't going to go away. But!!! by not refunding the difference the Donger has damaged Pro. So the remedy is to have Donger give Pro back the difference. It's a screwed up ending but when stuff like this happens in life the remedy is usually as screwed up as the situation.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=29Firefox;2757255]I would've rolled up in person flashed the cash and haggled over the dock rash.

Now thats how to ROLL .
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158

Now thats how to ROLL .
Stand up wind and let em get a wiff of that wad of C notes. When they start sweating it's time to start haggling. When ya want put a hurt on em start to leave with the money

Last edited by 29Firefox; 12-11-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

does the fact that LDD damaged the boat and didnt tell prostock about it AT ALL mean anything. After prostock sent the money he had to read on a boat forum about the new undisclosed damages?

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.